New beta: Increase revenue with upgrades in Online Check-in

Show first post

159 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Tomazzive and @phil.m, thank you both for reaching out to try this new capability.

I have enabled the settings for both your properties, so please feel free to opt-out any space categories that you don’t want offered as upgrades.

Considering the recent holiday period and delay in my reply, please confirm here that you’re ready for the guest experience to be switched on. I’ll then enable it for your guests.

Thank you,

James

Hi @James.taylor , I excluded the special space categories, so please go ahead! Quite excited. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @James.taylor , I excluded the special space categories, so please go ahead! Quite excited. 

Hi @Tomazzive, I have enabled the experience for your guests this morning. 

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any feedback or questions!

Hi James, thanks for enabling us. We are ready to go live with the feature and give it a spin. Thanks! :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @phil.m, this is now enabled for guests completing online check in at your property.

Please share any feedback you have as you start using it.

Thank you,

Hey @James.taylor , I had a play with the upgrade feature and found three things so far I wanted to share:

1. The upgrades always drop in as unassigned beds for us, is there anything that can be done to avoid this, or is this desired behaviour? 

2. We have two different space types (Bed and Room), as a guest you will only be offered upgrades within the same type you initially booked in. Is there any way to include both types so we can offer the full variety of options to our guests?

3. Is there any way to create a report to see how many guests used the upgrade feature?

Apart from that I like the way it works already, definitely a feature we were missing in the current release!

Cheers,
Phil

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @phil.m, thank you for sharing some feedback from your initial testing! I’ve commented on each point below:

1. The upgrades always drop in as unassigned beds for us, is there anything that can be done to avoid this, or is this desired behaviour?

This is currently how it works as we reused some existing logic from when upgrades are performed by staff. We will look to improve this in future as we want to automatically assign a new room so staff don’t need to intervene.

1. We have two different space types (Bed and Room), as a guest you will only be offered upgrades within the same type you initially booked in. Is there any way to include both types so we can offer the full variety of options to our guests?

A guest who booked a bed should still be offered an upgrade to a room as long as there is availability, it’s a higher price, higher order and has enough capacity for the reservation. 

If you’re not seeing this, please can you share an example with me privately and I’ll investigate further?

1. Is there any way to create a report to see how many guests used the upgrade feature?

At the moment, this is only visible in the action log. We’re currently working on an improvement to how the upgrade amount is shown (making it a separate item on the guest’s bill) which will enable us to implement some reporting.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Userlevel 4

Hi James,

Any update on having a report to track the upgrades? 

Action log cannot be exported so can’t really be used to easily spot these. 

Thanks!

Hi @James.taylor 

We would love to test this great feature if you can add Jacobs Inn Dublin and Jacobs Inn Barcelona to it? 

Thanks,

Lina

Hey @James.taylor will this feature also be possible during the booking process? We would like to have the ability to upsell during the initial reservation. During the reservation process if we have something before the confirmation and payment page asking the guest if they would like a bigger room for an extra amount ($$$).

This would be so useful for us so that we can push some revenue increases at the reservation process as well.

Thanks,

Adam

Cohort Koukaki

Userlevel 3

Hi there! How do I enter my demo version? Haven´t done this for a long time! Thanks. 

Hi @samoanprincess, I enabled the settings for your property in production and not demo. 
I can then enable the experience for guests on Monday.

Hi there! Is this still active? Have never received any upgrade request :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @James.taylor 

We would love to test this great feature if you can add Jacobs Inn Dublin and Jacobs Inn Barcelona to it? 

Thanks,

Lina

Hi @Lina_L, I’ve enabled the settings for upgrades for both your properties. Please make any adjustments to exclude any room categories you don’t want offered.

Once done, I will enable the experience for your guests in online check in. Would you also like guests to have this choice in Kiosk? Please note that the Kiosk would need a terminal attached.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi there! Is this still active? Have never received any upgrade request :(

Hi @samoanprincess, yes this is still active.

I will message you privately with some details of what I see for your property.

James

Hello James, 

Please activate this feature for Heights House Hotel Sarah Shepard is the contact,.

Sarah Shepherd
Owner & Operator, Heights House Hotel
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey @James.taylor will this feature also be possible during the booking process? We would like to have the ability to upsell during the initial reservation. During the reservation process if we have something before the confirmation and payment page asking the guest if they would like a bigger room for an extra amount ($$$).

This would be so useful for us so that we can push some revenue increases at the reservation process as well.

Thanks,

Adam

Cohort Koukaki

Hi @adam.rafeh, thank you for sharing this feedback.

We don’t currently have plans to add this to the booking experience. Our usual intent is to keep the booking process as simple as possible to get the guest to complete the booking. Then, we can offer promotions during the online and Kiosk check in to help increase ancillary revenues before they begin their stay.

I’d be interested to learn more about your experience and desire to include some of this capability during booking. Please let me know in a private message if you have time to discuss further and we can arrange a time to do so.

Thank you, James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello James, 

Please activate this feature for Heights House Hotel Sarah Shepard is the contact,.

Sarah Shepherd
Owner & Operator, Heights House Hotel

Hi @SussanneL, thank you for requesting to join this pilot.

I have enabled the upgrades settings for Heights House. Please update any space categories you don’t want to be offered as upgrades.

Once you confirm, I’ll then enable the experience for your guests!

Thank you,

James

Good morning,

We would love to add this option! 
Hotel Mondragon from Zierikzee, Netherlands.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Good morning,

We would love to add this option! 
Hotel Mondragon from Zierikzee, Netherlands.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @amberdingemanse, thank you for joining this beta group.

I have enabled the settings for you to disable upgrades for any spaces you don’t want offered. Once you’re ready, please let me know and I’ll enable the experience for your guests during online check in.

Thank you, James

Userlevel 1

Hi James, 

we, the Hotel Andante Rust would also like to test this feature. 

Thank you,

Dennis

interested to beta our property with this feature @1K Paris Hotel (Machefert)

Hi Mews team!

We at room2 hometels would love to beta test this product feature. Please let us know how we can get involved. 

Thanks,

Alicia van Wyk

room2 hometels | Lamington Group

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Are there plans to make this functionality somehow available through the API so properties that use third party guest communication / upsell platforms like Akia for check-in can offer upgrades?

THX

Helene

The Dover George

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Heidi, @MariaBC did you happen to see this Beta? 

I thought this might be an interesting one for you, have a look 😉

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi James, 

we, the Hotel Andante Rust would also like to test this feature. 

Thank you,

Dennis

Hi @andante, @amunoz, thank you both for joining this beta group for space upgrades.

I have enabled the settings for your requested properties which allows you to opt-out any spaces you don’t want offered to guests.

Once you’re ready, please reply to me here and I’ll enable the experience for your guests.

Thank you,

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Mews team!

We at room2 hometels would love to beta test this product feature. Please let us know how we can get involved. 

Hi @Aliciavanwyk, thank you for wanting to join the beta of space upgrades.

Please can you confirm which property you would like to enable this for and I can start the process.

Thank you,

James