New beta: Increase revenue with upgrades in Online Check-in

Show first post

159 replies

Hi @James.taylor ,

I’ve tried again this morning, and the upgrades options are still not appearing when proceeding to online check-in. Would you be able to have a look please ? Many thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @James.taylor ,

I’ve tried again this morning, and the upgrades options are still not appearing when proceeding to online check-in. Would you be able to have a look please ? Many thanks 

Hi @Laurence Lai, I apologise for the delay in coming back to you.

There is nothing specific that you need to configure, unless you want to exclude specific spaces from being offered as an upgrade.

Our data is suggesting that an upgrade has been offered to guests only a couple of times at your property. I can’t see any reason in your setup for not displaying upgrades more frequently. Could this be due to availability of higher category spaces or the price actually being lower for those spaces compared to what was paid? In these circumstances upgrades would not be offered.

If not, can you please send me a private message with some examples where you you would expect upgrades to be offered and they weren’t? I can then investigate further.

Thank you, James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@James.taylor ive just returned from annual leave, and i am told that its not working at Hotel Jakarta?

Also, when i myself check in online for a reservation, no option to upgrade is provided

hi @James.taylor it works now.

Do note that there is a small error on the ‘upgrade your stay page’. The check out time is incorrectly translated in the time format. At Hotel Jakarta we operate with 12:00 hrs check out, however the upgrade provides a very nice extra hour to 13:00 hrs. see attached:

Hi @mauritsbots, Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

I’m glad to hear the upgrades are appearing and we do see them being displayed for Hotel Jakarta as well.

As for the check-out time discrepancy, I’ll investigate further and see if we can resolve it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Femke.tijs and @Johannes K, I apologise for the delay in replying to you and enabling this.

Thank you for joining this group and wanting to try out this capability! I have enabled the settings related to upgrades so you can opt-out any spaces you need to.

I will plan to enable the experience for guests at the properties you mentioned tomorrow morning.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thank you, James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Femke.tijs and @Johannes K, I apologise for the delay in replying to you and enabling this.

Thank you for joining this group and wanting to try out this capability! I have enabled the settings related to upgrades so you can opt-out any spaces you need to.

I will plan to enable the experience for guests at the properties you mentioned tomorrow morning.

Thank you, James

Hi @Femke.tijs and @Johannes K, I have just enabled the online check-in upgrades experience for guests at the properties you mentioned.

Please let us know if you have any feedback or questions.

Thank you, James

Hi @James.taylor,
Thanks for your reply ! It’s finally working. The issue was the rates which were not configured properly yet on the selective date for the fictive booking. Have a great day ! 

We would like to add the Stanley Hotel to this Beta

Hi @James.taylor,
So, we made a few test bookings and encountered one issue. Our highest room category, Pool Lodge, can only accommodate 2 adults (no child, no baby). Nonetheless, if a family of 2 adults + 1 child booked a Suite, they can still choose the option to upgrade to Pool Lodge through the guest portal. Is is possible to suggest an upgrade to Pool Lodge only if the customer booked for 2 adults please ? 

Many thanks,  

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We would like to add the Stanley Hotel to this Beta

Hi @SDEUEL, thank you for reaching out to join this beta!

I have enabled the settings so you can remove any space categories you don’t wanted offered as upgrades to guests.

I’ll then enable this experience for your guests in online check-in by this time tomorrow.

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @James.taylor,
So, we made a few test bookings and encountered one issue. Our highest room category, Pool Lodge, can only accommodate 2 adults (no child, no baby). Nonetheless, if a family of 2 adults + 1 child booked a Suite, they can still choose the option to upgrade to Pool Lodge through the guest portal. Is is possible to suggest an upgrade to Pool Lodge only if the customer booked for 2 adults please ? 

Many thanks,  

Hi @Laurence Lai,

I’m glad to see Upgrades are now working for you, but not that you’ve had this issue.

The capability implemented should be comparing the number of people on the reservation and the capacity of the spaces before it gets offered as an upgrade option.

Can you please send me a private message with the reference to the reservation you tested and I can investigate further?

Thank you,

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @SDEUEL

I wanted to confirm that the upgrades experience is now enabled in the online check-in for your property.

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Thank you, James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi everyone 👋

I know it’s been a while since we’ve shared an update here.

Based on some of your feedback, we’re working to improve the upgrade capability to better identify the upgrade amount on the guest’s bill. We will share more on this in the coming weeks. 

In the meantime, if you’re using the Mews Kiosk, we’re now able to extend this pilot to offer your guests an opportunity to upgrade their room during a Kiosk check in!

This works exactly the same as for Online check in with the addition that only rooms ready to be checked in to are offered to guests.

What will this look like in the Kiosk?

How can I try this out?

If you’d like to extend your upgrade pilot to include the Kiosk, please let me know with the property name you’d like to include and make sure you’re using the latest version of the Kiosk app (v4.3.0 at the time of writing). 

Please also share any questions or feedback you have about Upgrades in the Mews Guest Journey.

Userlevel 3

@James.taylor would you be able to add Hotel Ve Mechelen as well for the online upgrade beta?

Thank you for your feedback!

Hi James, 

would love to try out the kiosk upgrade for via Amsterdam. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@James.taylor would you be able to add Hotel Ve Mechelen as well for the online upgrade beta?

Hi @Milou, I’m sorry for the delayed response to your request.

I’ve now enabled the settings for Hotel Ve Mechelen. Due to the delay, I’ll wait for your confirmation before enabling the experience for guests.

Thank you,

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi James, 

Hi @Johannes K, I’m sorry for the big delay in replying to you.

I can enable the upgrades in Kiosk for you on Monday. I’ll wait for your confirmation before acting due to the delay in my reply.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you,

James

Userlevel 3

Hi @Milou, I’m sorry for the delayed response to your request.

I’ve now enabled the settings for Hotel Ve Mechelen. Due to the delay, I’ll wait for your confirmation before enabling the experience for guests.

Thank you,

James

Hi James, 

No worries and thank you! You can go ahead and enable the experience.

Milou.

Hi James, 

Hi @Johannes K, I’m sorry for the big delay in replying to you.

I can enable the upgrades in Kiosk for you on Monday. I’ll wait for your confirmation before acting due to the delay in my reply.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you,

James

Hi @James.taylor 

No worries at all, you can just activate it whenever :)

Best 

Johannes 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Johannes K, I apologise for the delay, but I have now enabled upgrades in the Kiosk for Via Amsterdam as requested.

Your devices need to be on v4.3.0 or above of the Kiosk app to see this.

Please let me know if you have any issues or feedback.

Thank you,

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi @James.taylor, any news on when we could see statistically when a guest has upgraded? its quite the work to filter the action log on a daily basis :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi @James.taylor, any news on when we could see statistically when a guest has upgraded? its quite the work to filter the action log on a daily basis :)

Hi @mauritsbots, I know it has been some time since this was raised, I apologise for that. We’ve had some technical challenges in separating out the upgrade fee to better show which reservations were upgraded and the amount generated from upgrades.

We’re currently evaluating an alternative approach to achieve this and I hope to be able to share more details, most likely in the new year.

Userlevel 1

Hi James, I’d be very interested! Please let me know what I need to do to activate this. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi James, I’d be very interested! Please let me know what I need to do to activate this. 

Hi @Bernie, thank you for joining this group and I apologise for the delayed response.

I have enabled the settings for you now, so you can disable upgrades for any individual spaces if needed. Please let me know once you’re ready to continue and I will enable the experience in online check in for your guests.

Thank you,

James

Hi @James.taylor,

I would love to test out this beta feature. We have been using Oaky and Revinate, and prefer to use the generic possibilities in Mews. The main feature missing was room upgrades (and more configuration options in products. Eg: segmentation, availability before arrival...)

Can you please enable this functionality for C-Hotels Andromeda? 

Thanks a lot,

Tomas Sergeant, Flow Hospitality Group

Hi James, we would love to try this feature at Samesun Venice Beach.

Thanks, Phil :)