New here? Introduce yourself

• 1 November 2022
  • 76 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hey Community-friends 👋

We thought it might be fun to know who’s who, while we’re actively engaging on our community. I’ll start!

The name’s Sarah. You may already know me but if not, I’m looking forward to getting to know you in this community. 😊  I’m the Senior Community Manager here at Mews. You’ll be seeing my face quite a bit around here as I’m responsible for moderating the communications in this community. That means I make sure information flows fast between customers and the product team and that no question goes unanswered.

I’ve worked in the SAAS industry for 6 years building and managing successful customer communities 👬 before I landed here at Mews in January 2022 - so, I’ve already got the community T-shirt, so to speak 👕

I’m based in a leafy county called Surrey in the UK - not far from London. I am married and we have two young daughters who keep me busy. Zen for me is being in the great outdoors, running, hugging a tree or doing a spot of gardening. What is your zen?

Hit me up if you have any questions, concerns or just to say hi! 👋

Now it’s your turn to tell us a bit about you.

Oh and btw,  remember to complete your profile 😉

76 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Community! 👋

My name is Robin. I work at the HQ of Ligula Hospitality Group in the role of System & Distribution Coordinator (chain level). Ligula Hospitality Group is based in Sweden, where most of our properties are located - but we have hotels in Denmark and Germany as well. In my role, I am also acting as an internal support for all our 40+ hotels.

I have been in the hospitality business for about four years and have worked with various PMS systems, integrations, and partners.

I look forward to hearing more about you guys and am excited to see what wonders we can achieve with the help of each other in this community.

Best regards,
Robin

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Great to have you on board @Robin Gustavsson  I’m also excited to see what wonders can be achieved on this community 💥

Userlevel 3

Hi all!

Maybe I should introduce myself as well.

So, my name is Tobias, and same as @Robin Gustavsson I work at the HQ of Ligula Hospitality Group in the same role as him. System & Distribution Coordinator.

I have been working in the hospitality business for 10+ years now. Started of as night receptionist at a conference hotel, then worked my way over to dayshifts and from march 2022 I’ve had this role at the HQ.

Like @Sarah Masterton-Brown I’m also married and have 1 kid, a 4 year old little hurricane. Beside the family, my spare time goes to photography and boardgames.

It’s gonna be fun to be here from the begining and see what this community can bring to the table and what we can do with Mews.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Mews Community,

My name is Jill, I am an independent consultant for a boutique hospitality management company in Chicago, IL, USA. As acting Director of Hotel Management, I oversee everything from day to day operations, marketing and advertising, rates and revenue management, systems integrations and management, and more for my client’s hotels. 

I have been in the hospitality business for over 10 years, 6 with heavy focus on hotels and streamlining hotel technology/processes.

I look forward to connecting with everyone! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey hey, my name is Will. I work as an independent contractor with various hotels, mainly in the revenue management space, but I have also helped a number of hotels transition their PMS to Mews. My forte within Mews would probably be Rate configuration and management, PMS to Channel Manager integrations, Restrictions, and Reports. I also specialize in metasearch advertising. 

I live in Mexico City, but primarily work with hotels based in the United States. 

Looking forward to seeing what happens here. Good luck to all. 

WJ

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

G’day Everyone, 

My name is Mick, i live in Cairns, Australia. I have 2 young children aged 2 & 4. 

I have a love for hospitality & tourism and have dedicated the last 16 years to the backpacker / budget accommodation sector & have managed & led teams across every department, today i work in the IT department.

I have a strong understanding or property management systems, having worked with more than 8 different systems over the years. I've led 2 projects rolling out Mews to 60+ properties across 2 organisations, most recently to 33 YHA Australia properties last year. I am the subject matter expert within YHA, having developed procedures, best practice & internal learning plans for the business. We’ve built several integrations connecting different systems including a membership system using Mulesoft & Salesforce. 

Great to virtually meet you all! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hey @Mick  @JillMorgenthaler @Tobias Sörling  We meet again 😃 Great to have you here.
What a wealth of knowledge you all have - it’s quite something! Thanks for getting stuck in already 💪 I look forward to many more engaging conversations. ⭐

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jason and I’m a Customer Success Manager at Mews. I’ve been at Mews for about a year and half now and loving every second of it. I’m really excited to see the conversations in this community, see some friendly faces I recognize, and see what some of your best practises and tips are! 😄

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Everyone,
My name is Delphine, I am a consultant.
I try to help hotels in all their operational problems, such as changing their PMS.😜
I have worked for more than 10 years in different positions (from receptionist to operations manager of a group of 6 hotels in Paris).
I am looking forward to exchanging with you, to know your "Best Practice", your different questions

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone! 

Lucy from Mews here. I’ve been with Mews for almost 5 years now and have seen the company grow from team of less than 50 to now 600 team members. I work within the commercial department and I focus on the North American market. 

It’s exciting to see this community come to life and become a place for hoteliers to exchange knowledge and experience. 

Hello everyone! 

This is Abir from Mews 😃

I currently work in the commercial department with a focus on the UK and Irish markets. 

I joined Mews in 2021 as a Support Representative and moved to our Premium Support team shortly after. It has been nothing short of an amazing journey which nears almost 2 years now. 

Super excited to see the Mews Community grow and become a medium of shared knowledge, experience and best practices relevant to hoteliers world-wide! 

Looking forward to our exchange  🚀

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi everyone,

my Name is Eric and I work for harry’s home & Adler Hotels (12 hotels across Germany, Austria and Switzerland) where I work closely with the front office teams as a processes manager.

With my colleagues I had the honor of setting up MEWS for our hotels, with most of them being live switches. I am also doing the trainings for our new receptionists.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas and best practices with y’all!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone,

my name is Nina and i’m working for a private design hotel in Stuttgart / Germany.

I was also responsible for the MEWS Set up in our hotel. We opend last year on 1st September.

I’m looking forward to exchange with you and learn some of your best practices.

Kind regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hey to all our new community friends: @Nina @Eric Kröll  @delphine 👋  Great to have you here.
There are outstanding community questions here if you can lend a helping hand and really get into the community spirit. 🌈

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all 👋

My name is Raphael. I live in Switzerland and mainly commute somewhere between Basel, Zurich and Davos.

As a hotel technology enthusiast, I support and advise mostly small and individual hotels with Swiss Urban & Mountain Hospitality AG. I have already conducted numerous hotel software evaluations and have carried out and accompanied various MEWS implementations. 

The main focus is on process optimization, creating digital guest experiences and the efficient use of human resources in times of staff shortages.

I have been in the hotel business for more than 10 years and also have a degree from a well-known Swiss hotel management school and a specialization from a university of applied sciences in digital transformation in tourism.

I look forward to the exchange here with the MEWS community 👏.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hey @Raphael Simcic  Welcome to the Mews community 👋 Thanks for sharing that info. I hear of staff shortages a lot in our industry. If you’d care to share some of your formulated secrets in efficient use of HR to navigate this challenge, we’d love to hear them! Just create a conversation here

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey all

If you like to discuss about staff shortage and how do you manage it with your tech stack, I would appreciate to share your best practices here...

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Mews community, 👋

I am managing myNext in Austria. All of our properties are only open during summer months, because they are usually student residences. 

Enthusiastic about technology in general, I like to implement hotel tech in my daily job.  

Looking forward to this community. 😀 If you like, we can also connect on LinkedIn

Userlevel 1

Hi all, 👋

My name is Colin and I’m VP Customer Support here at Mews.  I’m so excited to see the Mews Community come to life with everyone’s exchanges.  Looking forward to contributing regularly and learning a lot a long the way. 

Userlevel 3

Hi everybody,

looking forward to a fruitful exchange here. Happy to see so many experienced Mewsers already.

Best

Tobias

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi everybody,

looking forward to a fruitful exchange here. Happy to see so many experienced Mewsers already.

Best

Tobias

Welcome @tobiaskoehler  Great to have you here. 🤗

Userlevel 1

Hola a todos. Mi nombre es Gonzalo y soy parte de  IT de una cadena basada en Mexico con planes de expansion mundial. Gran iniciativa

Userlevel 2

Dear Community,

my name is Simone.  In 2013 I moved with my family from Cologne to the north of Germany.😍
Our Boutique Hotel Gut Bielenberg and the Elbe Boardinghouse are located directly on the Elbe River ⛵between Hamburg and the North Sea.

In our houses I am actually responsible for the area of sales and marketing.
However, since I am also the owner, I somehow work in all outlets and areas.😎
I look forward to an exchange with you, because sometimes you have a quick question or can no longer see whats right in front 🤔 and then it's great to get a quick tip.

Hope to get in contact! Is there a german group too?

Best regards Simone

Userlevel 5
Badge

HI all!

Joining from the Tropical climes of beachside Colombia at the independent hotel Playa Koralia.

Joining MEWS is a big step forward for us as we are very unconnected.  While we are 30 years old as a hotel, we are not with any OTAs or 3rd party booking engines.  

In today’s world of connectivity - and the explosion of hotels in our area from 3 to 300! - we need to get up with the times. 

Rate management (RMS) is the place we are really looking to learn.  We have had the most basic of plans for the past decades.  These new technologies seem quite amazing!

Much of what we are finding is new to us; and I appreciate this community support so much.

Happy to help out wherever I can!

Ethan

Ethan R. | Partner

HOTEL PLAYA KORALIA

+57.310.642.2574

+57.317.510.2289

[email protected] | www.koralia.com | Instagram

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Dear Community,

my name is Simone.  In 2013 I moved with my family from Cologne to the north of Germany.😍
Our Boutique Hotel Gut Bielenberg and the Elbe Boardinghouse are located directly on the Elbe River ⛵️between Hamburg and the North Sea.

In our houses I am actually responsible for the area of sales and marketing.
However, since I am also the owner, I somehow work in all outlets and areas.😎
I look forward to an exchange with you, because sometimes you have a quick question or can no longer see whats right in front 🤔 and then it's great to get a quick tip.

Hope to get in contact! Is there a german group too?

Best regards Simone

Hey @SimoneFuhrmann Welcome! Hopefully this community can make spinning all those plates a bit more manageable. You ask about a German group - we don’t have one yet but let’s put this one to a vote soon - good idea. In the meantime, feel free to ask any question, whether specific to your region or not, in the open forum 😊