Tutorial

Table booking with inclusive package from PMS

• 22 April 2024
  • 3 replies
Table booking with inclusive package from PMS
Userlevel 2

Hello Community!

Today we invite you to join Marko, our Solution Architect, in this quick video as he shows how Mews integrates seamlessly with Resdiary to enhance guest experiences.

Discover how this integration simplifies sharing guest room info and dining preferences, and see firsthand how easy it is to manage table bookings directly from the PMS interface.

Liked this content? Comment below and share your thoughts! 💡

3 replies

Userlevel 4

hi @marko.balazevic thanks for the video. 

Is it possible for the guest to book tables during the guestjourney in the MEWS booking engine? Or is this planned? 

thanks

Christian

Userlevel 2

Hi @c.rex! 
Thank you for your feedback. 

You are raising a great question. The short answer is, it is not currently possible ‘out-of-the-box’. 
It might be possible with custom development to combine Mews Booking Engine API and ResDiary Consumer API into a single flow, but I’m not aware of any examples I could point you to. I’m waiting for inputs from my colleagues so to further elaborate on this option. 

Examples that I’ve seen so far keep these two reservation journeys separate (see how The Gallivant does it).

Another option would be to embed a ResDiary booking widget into the Booking confirmation email template and invite guests to reserve a table. 

I hope you’ll find this helpful and please do not hesitate to reach out with additional questions. 

Userlevel 4

Hi @c.rex! 
Thank you for your feedback. 

You are raising a great question. The short answer is, it is not currently possible ‘out-of-the-box’. 
It might be possible with custom development to combine Mews Booking Engine API and ResDiary Consumer API into a single flow, but I’m not aware of any examples I could point you to. I’m waiting for inputs from my colleagues so to further elaborate on this option. 

Examples that I’ve seen so far keep these two reservation journeys separate (see how The Gallivant does it).

Another option would be to embed a ResDiary booking widget into the Booking confirmation email template and invite guests to reserve a table. 

I hope you’ll find this helpful and please do not hesitate to reach out with additional questions. 

Thanks @marko.balazevic please keep me updated, if there are any integration plans in the future ;-)