Solved

new kiosk app

• 4 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi there! Today the new kiosk app has been uploaded on our tablet and since then the camera icon for scanning ID´s does not show up on the screen! This makes it very difficult for us to check-in people properly. Anybody else that suffers from this problem? Thanks for your answer. Christina 

icon

Best answer by James.taylor 4 October 2023, 16:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @samoanprincess, thank you for asking this in the community!

We’ve had some challenges with ID scanning in the new Kiosk which are actively being worked on. This is why the button is currently missing.

We are targeting the ID scanning to be available again on the registration form in Staff mode within the next two weeks.

For Guest mode, we’re working to move this earlier in the flow to the find reservation step. This is aimed at reducing the time to check in for a guest-led check in.

Also, based on your message, I suspect your Kiosk was configured during the factory set up of your device. We’d now encourage you to set up your tablets as you would any other device and then install the Kiosk app from the Play Store.

Userlevel 3

Oh. OK. 2 weeks are a looong time. I do not get the point with the configuration. The new kiosk has been updated automatically on our reception kiosk. Should I update again?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Oh. OK. 2 weeks are a looong time. I do not get the point with the configuration. The new kiosk has been updated automatically on our reception kiosk. Should I update again?

@samoanprincess We are working to make the ID scan available in the new design as soon as possible and I will let you know once it is.

There’s no need to update the Kiosk again. For the configuration of Kiosk, we now recommend customers to install the Kiosk app from the Play Store as you would for any other tablet app, rather than during the setup of the device.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@samoanprincess We are working to make the ID scan available in the new design as soon as possible and I will let you know once it is.

There’s no need to update the Kiosk again. For the configuration of Kiosk, we now recommend customers to install the Kiosk app from the Play Store as you would for any other tablet app, rather than during the setup of the device.

hi James, please inform u here also when the id scan functionality works again as this is causing quite the nuisance in our properties. a great feature is that we can actually decide what fields to use so the solution was easy (be it unwanted)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @samoanprincess and @mauritsbots

The option to scan an ID in Staff mode of the Kiosk is now available in v4.3.0 of the app.

If you update your devices you should now see the option available.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @samoanprincess and @mauritsbots

The option to scan an ID in Staff mode of the Kiosk is now available in v4.3.0 of the app.

If you update your devices you should now see the option available.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

hi James

Scan ID is not working? It is basically not accepting the two id cards we are trying? (Drivers license). is that a known issue? it stays on this particular page, with the circular icon in the middle without actually going anywhere?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @mauritsbots,

I’m sorry for the delay in replying to this, I was away on holiday until this week.

I’ve looked at the data and it looks like some of your properties are now successfully scanning IDs in v4.3.0 of the Kiosk.

Are you still experiencing the issue you mentioned or is this now working? If you still have this issue, can you please share with me for which property?

Thank you,

James