Restriction management improvements

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

To support you to set up your restrictions in Mews, we are working towards increasing restriction management within Mews! 

What does that mean:

• Bulk create restrictions for various variables; such as rates, rate groups and spaces. 
  • Bulk delete restrictions.
  • … and more to come! 

I am happy to inform you that we opened beta testing in the live environment already for bulk creation of restrictions * and will soon be adding bulk deletion of restrictions to the test as well. 

*For properties managing restrictions in Mews, not YET properties managing restrictions with an integration. 

Sounds good? Let me know if you would like to join the beta testing for these, and potentially upcoming initiatives by commenting below 😁

This topic has been closed for comments

65 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Nienke; would this also work when part of our restrictions (i.e. MLOS2) is managed by an integration, but other restrictions (such as closing excl. breakfast or certain roomtypes) by MEWS?

Userlevel 3

This is by far one of the best “time saving” inventions for us! :-)

Please Nienke, check your e-mail cause I e-mailed you this morning about this

Userlevel 3

@Nienke Wilbrink I would be very interested to take part in this beta! I spend many hours each season to set up a CTA and a CTD restrictions manually for each property, and each week. A way to bulk create and edit these would be very welcome :)

We’re listed as “Oftang GmbH”.

kind regards,

Andreas

Userlevel 3

@Nienke Wilbrink  We would like to sign up for this beta as well!

UDS hotels

Genki Takahashi

Userlevel 3

@Nienke Wilbrink I would definitely be open for beta testing this new improvement. It would save us a lot of time during the day!

Kind regards,

Milou

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi Nienke,

Want to join! Kindly activate WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam and WestCord Hotel Schylge.

Thanks for confirming once done

Userlevel 1

Great news! Was waiting for this too. We would like to be part of the beta testing as ahead hotel.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink

This sounds amazing! We'd like to get in on the beta program! 

Please count all of our properties in! 

Userlevel 2

Hi  @Nienke Wilbrink ,

Would be very nice to manage restrictions in a more efficient way, but do you have a bit more documentation about this?

Or can you quickly release it on our demo account, just to have a quick look and inform our staff corectly!

Thanks

Dirk

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi Nienke; would this also work when part of our restrictions (i.e. MLOS2) is managed by an integration, but other restrictions (such as closing excl. breakfast or certain roomtypes) by MEWS?

Hi @Kayleigh,

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, this is currently not yet possible. However, I am happy to inform you on our progress once we have enabled the function for this use-case! 

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

This is by far one of the best “time saving” inventions for us! :-)

Please Nienke, check your e-mail cause I e-mailed you this morning about this

Hi @Tobias Sörling ,

Great to hear your enthusiasm on the topic! I have reached out to you via email :) 

Nienke 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Nienke Wilbrink I would be very interested to take part in this beta! I spend many hours each season to set up a CTA and a CTD restrictions manually for each property, and each week. A way to bulk create and edit these would be very welcome :)

We’re listed as “Oftang GmbH”.

kind regards,

Andreas

Hi @andreas,

Thank you for your reply! Please be informed that I have enabled your property for the beta testing of bulk creation. 

Looking forward to your feedback! 

Nienke 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Nienke Wilbrink  We would like to sign up for this beta as well!

UDS hotels

Genki Takahashi

Hi @RURURUDS ,

Thank you for your reply! Please be informed that I added all 3 properties to the live beta testing. Looking forwards to your insights!

Nienke

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

Looks great. This is a huge time saver !!!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

looking forward to giving this new feature a spin!

Can you activate harry’s home Wien-Milleniumtower with the beginning of June?

Once I get feedback from our revenue department after testing, we are happy to enable it in all our properties.

Greetings,

Eric

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Nienke Wilbrink I would definitely be open for beta testing this new improvement. It would save us a lot of time during the day!

Kind regards,

Milou

Hi @Milou ,

thank you for your comment! Please be informed that I have enabled the Restrictions Bulk create for the I Hotel.

Looking forward to your feedback. 

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

hi Nienke,

Want to join! Kindly activate WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam and WestCord Hotel Schylge.

Thanks for confirming once done

Hi @mauritsbots ,

Great! All done. Looking forward hearing your thoughts on this feature. 

Nienke 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Great news! Was waiting for this too. We would like to be part of the beta testing as ahead hotel.

Hi @Jonas ,

I have enabled Ahead Burghotel with the restrictions feature. Looking forward to your thoughts! 

Nienke 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink

This sounds amazing! We'd like to get in on the beta program! 

Please count all of our properties in! 

Hi @Mick 

As discussed in a private message :) 

Nienke 

Userlevel 3

Thanks @Nienke Wilbrink, for enabling the beta for us. We had a look and it’s definitely an improvement!

One important question though, when you implement the new ‘restriction deleting’ function, will we be able to do the following?

Create a CTA restriction for each monday for the whole year 2024.
Then delete the CTA restriction for one specific monday (let’s say monday the 1st of april) only.

Or do we then still have to create two seperate restriction rules?
One for 01.01.2024 to 30.03.2024.
And another one for 02.04.2024 to 31.12.2024.

Currently this is proving to be our main cause of manual labour in restriction management. If you set up a restriction and later want to change something for a specific date, you end up creating endless additional restriction rules and can get ‘lost in the forest’ quite easily.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi  @Nienke Wilbrink ,

Would be very nice to manage restrictions in a more efficient way, but do you have a bit more documentation about this?

Or can you quickly release it on our demo account, just to have a quick look and inform our staff corectly!

Thanks

Dirk

As discussed in a private message :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

Once I get feedback from our revenue department after testing, we are happy to enable it in all our properties.

Greetings,

Eric

Sure thing @Eric Kröll, I have set myself a reminder and will get back to you once enabled! Looking forward to your feedback. 

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thanks @Nienke Wilbrink, for enabling the beta for us. We had a look and it’s definitely an improvement!

One important question though, when you implement the new ‘restriction deleting’ function, will we be able to do the following?

Create a CTA restriction for each monday for the whole year 2024.
Then delete the CTA restriction for one specific monday (let’s say monday the 1st of april) only.

Or do we then still have to create two seperate restriction rules?
One for 01.01.2024 to 30.03.2024.
And another one for 02.04.2024 to 31.12.2024.

Currently this is proving to be our main cause of manual labour in restriction management. If you set up a restriction and later want to change something for a specific date, you end up creating endless additional restriction rules and can get ‘lost in the forest’ quite easily.

Hi @andreas ,

Thank you for your comment and great to hear the improvement! 

This is something we call “Splicing” and is on it’s way together with the bulk delete. We are currently working on it in the list view. I will update here when this function is ready to test :D 

Hope this is helpful!
Nienke 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

Greetings,

Eric

Hi @Eric Kröll ,

Hope you’re well! Could you please confirm that I can enable the feature for the property mentioned above?

Looking forward hearing from you!
Warmest regards,

Nienke 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

Greetings,

Eric

Hi @Eric Kröll ,

Hope you’re well! Could you please confirm that I can enable the feature for the property mentioned above?

Looking forward hearing from you!
Warmest regards,

Nienke 

Hi Nienke,

hereby confirmed.

Greetings,

Eric