Solved

Suite 8 to MEWS PMS migration

• 29 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Good afternoon comunity,

I am looking for some experience in the migration from Suite 8 to MEWS, specially in terms of future reservation migration.

Anyone has this situation?

icon

Best answer by j.spiess 1 March 2024, 09:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello!
We have migrated from Suite 8 in January.
I have exported future reservations and guest profiles directly from the Oracle database with a specially crafted SQL Script. This way we could easily insert them in the import file and import them on the go live date. For this you need someone who is able to work with SQL queries directly on the database with some knowledge of the database structure. But it’s definitely possible!
However, this works only for reservations made directly in Suite8 - for channel manager reservations you will have to ask your channel manager to push all reservations to MEWS on the go live date. We tried it with the import file, but the mapping of the inidividual reservations to the channel manager is not possible with the import file - future modifications cannot update the imported reservation - thus push them from the channel manager - it’s the olny reliable way.

Be sure to have all your TravelAgent Contracts, rates and routing rules ready! Ask you channel manager what they send for each source, so that you can map them correctly right from the start before the great push… :-)

One thing that took us some time to adjust was the different approach to houskeeping managment. There is nothing that compares to the Suite8 housekeeping reports, the MEWS app is (from my point of view) not very usable for housekeeping staff, and you need them to have their own account, and so on… if you used Hotel Mobile App from Suite8 now, find some third party app in the marketplace that works for you instead of the mews app on mobile … we settled on “Sweeply” for now...

Feel free to reach out to me ;-) Good luck and all the best!

Regards,

Jean-Philipp.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @enrique.bellon 

We offer this as a service - export from the Suite 8 database (all fields and information possible) and import to Mews over Connector API.

The advantage of the import over API is that you can cover 1-n data relations. For example with the Excel import, you can only import 1 address, an average rate per reservation (not daily rates) etc - over the API, you can correctly migrate them.

Be aware that you will loose historical data (cannot be migrated to Mews, so you want to look for a CRM) and make sure that you understand how long you still need to keep Suite 8 for fiscal purposes (could be longer).

Otherwise Jean-Philipp covered very well some important points in his post above.

Best, Marc