Solved

Diagnose Kaba Saflok - Ambiance keycutter error codes

• 19 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are using the Saflok / Kaba / Dormakaba Ambiance system and the keycutter with MEWS and experiencing problems.  

Does anyone know how to fix these specific error codes from MEWS when trying to cut keys but failing?

• Error code:  “"Get reservation data failed..."
  • Error code:  “"Message does not contain "KA|"

icon

Best answer by Sarah.Masterton-Brown 23 January 2023, 16:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

More info on our MEWS PMS <> Ambiance errors.  Has anyone experienced errors like this with a key cutter? 

There seems to be a pattern to when the key cutter command from the PMS to the Ambiance system fails and the PMS says "Get reservation data failed..."

1. Brand new customers who have never stayed before almost always work and the keycard is programmed correctly.

2. Existing and returning customers, including our own personal customer profiles which we used as tests, do not seem to work and results in the "Get reservation data failed..." error

3. Brand new customers sometimes do not work if there are multiple reservations with the same customer profile or name; the 1st check in may work, but the rest of the check in might not work.

• We cannot find a truly definitive 100% airtight pattern yet. 

• If we find a solution, I’ll post it to let future users know what to try.  

• If anyone has an integration with MEWS PMS <> Kaba Saflok AMBIANCE and has experienced problems like this, please let me know here or direct message me.  I’m working with MEWS support on this too but we have not found a fix yet. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @AndrewN  Thanks for noting this down here. 
I’ve taken a look at your support ticket this morning and spoken with the team. As you can see from the responses on the ticket, it’s in discussion with Dorma Karba and we’re now waiting for their response.
If anyone else is experiencing issues, best thing to do is raise a support ticket so our engineers have visibility of who this is impacting and keep you in the loop on the outcomes. 
When this is resolved, I’ll loop back to this thread. Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Does anyone using MEWS Connector for making keycards experience an error if the guest name has two or more latin/accented text characters in it?   

Characters like é or è

For instance:

• our keycutter gets an error if the guest name is Hélène. That does not work.
  • If the guest name is changed to Helene, it works.
  • If the guest name has just 1 latin character, like Hélene, it also works.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

This generates this error code for us:  

• Error code:  “"Message does not contain "KA|"

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @AndrewN,

I just came across this thread and what you mention is currently correct.

Our team is discussing this at the moment, trying to find a solution, but this looks like an error on the integration side, that these characters are not supported.

I will monitor this and update you once we know more! 

Have a great day 🍀

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you so much.