New here? Introduce yourself

• 1 November 2022
  • 81 replies

Show first post

81 replies

Dear Community, hello to each and every one of you 😊

My name is Francesca, I’m italian and I’ve spent almost half my life living in France and Switzerland pursuing my career in hospitality for fifteen years.

Before joining Mews as a Technical Account Manger I’ve lived the operational side of hospitality in Hilton, Accor and Mövenpick among others, and I still think about my days at the front desk as the ones that taught me the most in life 😄

I’m looking forward to being part of this community, and am so excited and happy to see you all here.

cheers!

Hi! Karola, owner and landlady at Hindsæter (hindseter.no), a historical alp hotel in the mountains of Jotunheimen, Norway, 17 rooms/ alp suites. Newly onboarded and happy with a state of the arts system. Just between “omg will I ever manage” and “omg - all these fantastic opportunities”.

I love to be outdoors, cross country skiing, hiking, running, with or without doggy. Having a Beer sommelier certificate and do tastings and special recommendations for the guests.

No scandinavian group yet I see - so just wonder if there is someone else in Norway in the same situation?

Best regards, K.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi! Karola, owner and landlady at Hindsæter (hindseter.no), a historical alp hotel in the mountains of Jotunheimen, Norway, 17 rooms/ alp suites. Newly onboarded and happy with a state of the arts system. Just between “omg will I ever manage” and “omg - all these fantastic opportunities”.

I love to be outdoors, cross country skiing, hiking, running, with or without doggy. Having a Beer sommelier certificate and do tastings and special recommendations for the guests.

No scandinavian group yet I see - so just wonder if there is someone else in Norway in the same situation?

Best regards, K.

Welcome Karola, happy to have you! 

I just googled the Jotunheimen national park and it is absolutely stunning! 😍

Looking forward to your inputs in the community.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Best regards, K.

@Karo  Welcome 👋
You are among friends.  We have other managers and owners here from properties in Norway.
Say hello to  @Anette Aale @oyvindeikaas @Haakon  @Finse1222 @dbarnesen @Bente

Thought I’d connect you all here. Feel free to start a separate conversation between you.
You say you’ve just onboarded @Karo . Perhaps someone has some hints or best practice to help you navigate these OMG moments.
Can someone give Karo some guidance in things that you wish you knew when you first started off with Mews?

Hei @Karo! and thanks @Sarah.Masterton-Brown for reminding me to engage a bit more in here 😁

I’ll be in the Scandinavian group with you! I have onboarded Det Lille Hotel (also in De Historiske) in 2022, have a good amount of experience now especially relating to Mews in Norway, integrations with the different systems here etc. We have also made some cool integrations of our own so reach out if you need any help or tips 😁

Snakkes.

Best regards, K.

Hei @Karo! and thanks @Sarah.Masterton-Brown for reminding me to engage a bit more in here 😁

I’ll be in the Scandinavian group with you! I have onboarded Det Lille Hotel (also in De Historiske) in 2022, have a good amount of experience now especially relating to Mews in Norway, integrations with the different systems here etc. We have also made some cool integrations of our own so reach out if you need any help or tips 😁

Snakkes.

Best regards, K.

Hi @dbarnesen thx for nice reply, I am gonna reach out to you on pm too... The main interest for me is related to accounting, we have an extern accounting office which uses a program without integration in Mews, so I wondered what kind of reports are the best ones to give to them, if one would usually just send them those reports or if the best practice is to give them a log-in. Would help to get some ideas here as that means money saved for the accounting office to find out...