Autofill for Mews booking engine

• 2 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I realised that the Mews booking engine does not use labels for the form (first name, last name, email address, ...). Autofill won't work properly.

Most browsers support autofill and I think Mews should make use of that. It will bring more convenience for guests.

I posted this as an idea in the Mews feedback forum. If you like, feel free to vote. :) 

https://feedback.mews.com/forums/918733-mews-guest-journey/suggestions/46136098-autofill-for-mews-booking-engine

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

G’day @Georg Gaag

What browser are you using?

I use Chrome and when i click into the First Name, Last Name, Email or Phone Number fields google Chrome auto fill makes suggestions & if i select one, the fields are populated. 

Screenshot below displaying the auto fill popup

Userlevel 3
Badge

Oh yeah, you are right! 

I am using 1Password to autofill forms and only 1Password doesn’t work properly. On iOS Safari, it actually works. :) 

I have contacted 1Password support to see what they say. 

Update 2023-01-13: The 1Password support has replied: 

After speaking with our development team, 1Password has specific limitations when using "iframes". As a first step, they've made a suggestion to pass on to the developers of this page to not use an iframe element without a src attribute. As they noticed that was missing from the code.

I have forwarded this feedback to [email protected]