Solved

Prevent check-in with outstanding balance

• 19 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi fellow users!

We want to prevent check-ins to be completed if there is an outstanding balance. we are operating Hostels and all our bookings should be pre-paid. 

We’ve tried using the “preauthorization required” under visit option, but that didn’t work as expected. 

any other solutions before I raise this as an improvement request. 

thanks!

Michael

icon

Best answer by smehia 3 January 2024, 11:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @M_belanger,

thank you for your question! 🍀

I wanted to ask for a specification, which part of the system did not work?

We tested it in Demo, and where a reservation did not have the Preauthorization and as an employee trying to do the check in, we got a notification that prevented us from checking it in.

Of course, you can still check it in if you tick the “Check in without a valid preauthorization” box, but that would be more of an internal process than system malfunction 🤔

Thank you for any details 😎

Userlevel 2

Hi @MarketaOupi, thanks for the update. The thing is that we don’t require a pre-authorization, we need the balance to be fully paid. 

Ideally what we need then is a different option to “Require Zero balance to check in”

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello @M_belanger 

Well unless there is an update on the visit options like the possibility to “require payment for start” like it already exists for the preauthorization, it is not possible (to my knowledge at least 😉)

I see you put the request on the Product Idea Forum https://feedback.mews.com/forums/918232-mews-operations-pms/suggestions/47576282-zero-balance-required-for-check-in 

Maybe you can ask to the community for the idea to be upvoted and then get the attention of the admin and developpers at Mews 😃

See ya around

Stephane