Solved

Passport scanning is not possible. Has somebody else an idea, how we can solve this problem?

• 3 November 2023
  • 11 replies

Passport scanning is not possible. Has somebody else an idea, how we can solve this problem?

icon

Best answer by James.taylor 10 November 2023, 14:32

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @mewsmaniac,

I believe that since the Kiosk was updated in October, it’s not possible to scan anny passports.

Let’s hope this gets fixed soon :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @MatthiasH & @mewsmaniac,

The function is available again in v4.3.0 of the Mews Kiosk. I tested it this week and it's working properly. You do need to set the check-in form requirements correctly for the button to appear. Basically making the ID check required on the check-in form in Guest Experience under Property Settings.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @mewsmaniac & @MatthiasH,

Also, thank you @Roy for replying to this query 🙏

To add to Roy’s message, the ID scan button should be available on all devices using v4.3.0 and above when in Staff mode. However, this should only require a change on the check in form if the default form doesn’t ask for ID details from guests. If your registration form in Kiosk asks for ID details from guests then the button should already appear.

Please let me know if there are any issues with the button appearing or if you have any further questions.

Thank you, James

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for adding @James.taylor. It seems that it is nessecary to make the field required for The Netherlands. We couldn't see the ID scan button without changing this in the settings.

Hello @James.taylor,

Thank you for your feedback. Firstly, I would like to say that we have the latest Kiosk version installed. The ID Scan button is also visible. Only when we scan the ID card nothing happens even after 10 minutes. What could be the reason for this? Could someone from the Mews team take a look at our configuration and give us a tip?

Kind regards

Michael Piontek

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks for adding @James.taylor. It seems that it is nessecary to make the field required for The Netherlands. We couldn't see the ID scan button without changing this in the settings.

Hi @Roy, thank you for sharing this.

I investigated a little further and it seems the default configuration for the Netherlands does not require identity document details in the Netherlands. This is why the button did not appear for you until you changed the settings to ask for ID details.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@mewsmaniac, thank you for sharing this and I’ll follow up in the message you sent me privately.

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@James.taylor  in 4.5.0 (25001773) the scan button is not in guest mode? Can you check and confirm?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@James.taylor  in 4.5.0 (25001773) the scan button is not in guest mode? Can you check and confirm?

Hi @mauritsbots, the ID scan button on the registration card is only available in Staff mode in the new design of the Kiosk when ID details are configured as required from guests.

In Guest mode, ID scan is no longer an option on the registration card as our data showed it was significantly slowing down check ins. If you’re interested to have this back in Guest mode, we’re piloting a new position where an ID scan is used to find a reservation. Please let me know if you’d like to try this and, if so, for which property.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @mauritsbots, the ID scan button on the registration card is only available in Staff mode in the new design of the Kiosk when ID details are configured as required from guests.

In Guest mode, ID scan is no longer an option on the registration card as our data showed it was significantly slowing down check ins. If you’re interested to have this back in Guest mode, we’re piloting a new position where an ID scan is used to find a reservation. Please let me know if you’d like to try this and, if so, for which property.

hi James,

finding the reservation based on last name and confirmation number works fine for us, but we definitely want to have all guest details (id number eg) on file before allowing them to check in. Ideally even with guest details of ALL guest attending.. using the card to find a reservation seems adding difficulty to the check in process?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi James,

finding the reservation based on last name and confirmation number works fine for us, but we definitely want to have all guest details (id number eg) on file before allowing them to check in. Ideally even with guest details of ALL guest attending.. using the card to find a reservation seems adding difficulty to the check in process?

Hi @mauritsbots, the ID details will still be required based on the legal environment or the check in form configuration (I checked this for Fashion Hotel and it seems that it’s configured for ID details). At the moment this will only be for the main guest in the Netherlands. Guests need to manually enter the details during Online or Kiosk check in, they’re not able to scan the ID when using Guest mode.

Configuring the Check in form in Mews for additional guests is the next improvement we want to make, but will likely be later next year.

If I’m missing something or you want to discuss this further I’d be happy to do so in a call.