Solved

Mews IBE on own Domain without widget

• 2 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi everybody,

For our three properties in three different cities, we are currently using the Mews IBE as an overlay widget on our website in an multiple enterprise version. Bookers stay on our Domain. This enterprise version does have limited functions, though, that are available in the standalone version (e.g. suggestion of alternative travel dates, if low availability and more).

Since there is no release date available, when those new functions are also available on the widget enterprise version, I want to switch to the standalone version (htts://app.mews.com/distributor...).

I would like to avoid that a new window opens with the mews Domain and would rather like to have this on the same page with our URL or if not possible in another way with a subdomain like booking.bigmamahotels.com. Background is that a domain switch can lead to a trust issue as from the guests perspective mews has nothing to do with the hotel they want to book. That would result in a conversion decline. 

Any ideas or best practice solutions?

Question for the Mews team: 

When do you plan to bring the Distributor functionalities to the Enterprise Version of the Widget?

Thank you and kind regards

Tobias

PS: Also started a discussion whether or not an external Domain can be a conversion killer. Might be interesting for some of you: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/tobiaskoehler_hotel-ibe-conversion-experts-wanted-activity-7036980062021148673-Fvgd?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

icon

Best answer by Mick 3 April 2023, 04:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Question for the Mews team: 

When do you plan to bring the Distributor functionalities to the Enterprise Version of the Widget?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @tobiaskoehler

On the configuration page of each booking engine in Mews you can find the script that will invoke the single property booking engine. 

As an example, on our homepage we have the enterprise booking engine invoked by script and each property page has multiple booking engines, all room types, private rooms, share rooms all being invoked by separate scripts which presents the booking engine as an overlay. 

I agree with you that utilising the Mews distributor link is not ideal and could be a conversion killer.

There is also some extra cool functionality which can be used when invoking the booking engine, like setting dates, space types, vouchers etc.. If you wanted to use a date picker on your site or have the booking engine load on webpage for an email campaign or promotion. Here is the guide

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @tobiaskoehler,

thank you for raising this interesting question! 🍀

I just had a meeting with our developers team regarding your question. 💡

So first of all, they mentioned to me, that the widget and the standalone BE have the same functions, there is no difference there, so I believe there was some misunderstanding since you mention switching to the standalone version.

What is true, currently when using the multi property BE, restrictions are not being taken into consideration in the calendar, only the availability is. We are planning to improve this in the future, but I do not have any specific date for you.

Using a standalone BE on your own domain or subdomain is currently not possible, that is why we have the widget, but it would be great if you could leave a feature suggestion on our feedback page.

I believe what Mick suggest is a good solution, having both the “single property” BE for each property and also “multi property” BE for the whole group.

Sorry I could not come with some golden solution, but as per my today´s meeting we are moving in the correct direction, so give us some more time ⏰

Have a great afternoon! 🌺