Solved

How to set up restrictions on products

• 19 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello,

We currently are selling products (as upsells with the room reservation) and we would like to be able to restrict to some days of week the display of the products on Mews booking engine.

Does anyone know how to do this?

icon

Best answer by Mick 21 April 2023, 05:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi ibaltag,

as far as i know - and from my discussions with mews.. the answer is simple: its not possible

Hi mauritsbots,

I had the same answer from Mews. I have posted to see if anyone has found a work around.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

what you could consider is maybe schedule something via zapier - that task is send every time it is sold with a counter for how many are booked for that day? that would give at least give some kind of insights into the amount booked?

Thank you, I’ll check it up :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @ibaltag

As mentioned it is not possible to restrict a product by day right now, although i agree it would be a great enhancement. I found the below 2 feature requests that if you haven’t already would be good to throw your votes on. 

https://feedback.mews.com/forums/918232-mews-operations-pms/suggestions/39189169-restrict-dates-for-products

https://feedback.mews.com/forums/918733-mews-guest-journey/suggestions/45278224-product-restrictions

A possible work around could be to create a rate plan, product & product rule and then use a restriciton to that rate plan. This won’t give the guest the option to add or remove the product but will essentially offer it as a package and with your restriction you could prevent it from showing on certain days of the week. This may work for you, here is the Product rule guide & restriction guide.

Thank you Mick, I have just voted for both posts :)

I am alreay using packages as you have suggested. However, I would like to sell only products that can be added to the booking. I hope we’ll be able to customize product restrictions soon!