Solved

Date of birth

• 20 October 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello

We have just Migrate from Amadeus-Hotel Concepts to Mews and we are experiencing a weird bug

Indeed while scanning the id to complete the guest profile (or by completing it manually), it appears that all guests borned before 1961 are considered by Mews as being born in the year twothousands...It means that if you are born in 1960, it captures 2060 as the year of birth and therefore you cannot save your guest profile as there is an error message poping up

We are in a dd/mm/yy configuration ans have not try another one as we want to stick to it (more common in Europe)

Did somebody already enounter that issue and find a solution?

If so, I would be glad if you could help. And if the question as already been answered previously in another topic, please accept my apologies in advance ;-)

Waiting for your reply 

Best regards to all of you Mewsers  

Stephane

icon

Best answer by MarketaOupi 24 October 2023, 15:10

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi @smehia dd/mm/yy wont work for europe im afraid as automatically windows/microsoft changes it?

What we did when migrating from IDPMS to MEWS (2020/2021 so maybe bit outdated) we actually inputted the dates in the excel first with the formatting of date (yes, this way it cant be imported) but then we copied the whole COLUMN where the dob was listed, and pasted it into WORDPAD.

There, we replaced the “-” to “/” with the replace function, and from there (first change the formatting in the COLUMN of the import file back to text) it works just fine. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @smehia,

Not sure of you already transferred all reservations from IDPMS to Mews but we partnered with Omniboost. A company that can transfer your reservations from IDPMS to Mews through an API connection and will also convert date of birth to the correct format. 

Otherwise I would go for the suggestion of @mauritsbots 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Well that was fast, thank you for your help

Will try and see if it works on a day to day basis upon check-in

Thanks again

Userlevel 3

Hi there

this was oddly familiar. We had this issue a long time ago, however that has been fixed since, and I have not yet heard anything from our FO team. 

I do however distinctly remember this issue, however the fix eludes me. I will post in here if we remember how to fix it, but we did for sure have the same problem a long time ago with the ID scanner. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thank you @Uffe 

If you do remember, I’m sure this would help

We tried the solution proposed by @mauritsbots but in a small structure like ours where everything (or almost) is handeld by the Front Desk it is too much time consuming

Meanwhile we will avoid the “Back to the Future” effect by not filling in the birth date when it’s problematic

Regards and thanks to you all

S. 

Userlevel 3

I have tried going through any documentiation I had left, however my colleagues and I agree that it must have been end of 2021 or beginning of 2022

unfortunately our emails for closed cases have since been deleted, as we did not need them anymore, and our autoarchive policy got to them. 

I am sorry I could not be of more help, but I am 99% certain that we did not have it 60ies but with 30ies

@Sarah.Masterton-Brown maybe you can help our memory with mews internal documentation? what did we do to resolve this issue?

ps. It could be that we changed our tablets around that time and this may have resolved the issue, but I am not 100 on anything that far back

I can at least let you know that we are using the scanner for every guest that is not checked in online and this is not an issue with our iPads. We do have other issues that are more minor, with the scanner, however not this issue. anymore.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Well @Uffe 

I just checked and it does it also for the 30ies all the way to the 60ies

Even when I select the date manually for the correct year, Mews changes it back wrong

Maybe going with the dd/mm/yyyy format would fix that issue, but I don’t have any idea where I can or even if I could do that. Any idea, anyone ?

Thanks for your patience

S

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Uffe , thank you for helping out to Stéphane. I was trying to find your ticket regarding the date formatting, but with no luck, was it with Absalon hotel? I went through all the tickets from those dates.

@smehia I am checking this internally and will get back to you! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @smehia,

can you please try to use different culture as a workaround for the user profile? For example France?

This should help, let me know!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello @MarketaOupi 

I’ve tried your workaround solution but it still does not work…

Thanks anyway for your help 😉

Regards

S.

Userlevel 3

Unfortunately I will have to give up then, 

If Marketa cannot see the tickets then I have no idea where to find this either. 

We did have this issue with the Absalon and our property Andersen Hotel

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello @MarketaOupi and @AngelikaD 

Following your e-mail, I’ve tried again the solution proposed by Marketa. I thought I had to modify the property setup to French (France) (which was not solving anything - hence my previous message), not my own user profile…which i just did

Now it works fine indeed. I will have to have my colleagues change their own profile the same way and it will finally work for everyone

Nevertheless, that is indeed something that needs to be worked on by your development team 😉

Hopefuly, soon the housekeeping/space status assignement will be reworked and I won’t have anything else to complain about, or will I ? 😁

Now I’m just being a “jerk” 😎, but there is always space for improvment, isn’t there? 😁

Thanks anyway and see you around on the forum

Regards

S.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thank you @smehia for letting us know it works!

And of course there is always space for improvement, we are aware of it and working on it! 😎

Have a great day!