KIOSK Problems and wishes

Show first post

43 replies

Userlevel 4

I would love to join, please share the details. We have a few properties using kiosks but a few issues at the moment. 

Hi Everyone 👋, Happy Monday!

It’s great to see such enthusiasm in this thread to discuss how we can keep improving the Kiosk product. I work in Product at Mews in the Guest experience team and I’m keen to hear your feedback.

To help us best prepare for and structure a call, can you all please aim to share your specific feedback in this thread by the end of the day Thursday? We can then collate this and arrange a call to discuss it further with you all.

Thank you for setting up this conversation and I look forward to hearing more about your experiences! 🙂

@Mariusz Siwkowski @Mick @AndrewN @DanS. @Sanne @c.rex @Caroline Cremer @claudio.berger @ClaudiaM. @Julia @Robin Gustavsson 

I see I waited to long because all my questions are already on the spreadsheet :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Caroline Cremer ,

hihi - sorry 😉

Userlevel 3

I would love to join in as well if it is not too late :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi everyone 👋,

Thank you for adding your feedback into the document @Mariusz Siwkowski setup.

We’ve started going through the feedback and will follow-up soon with a plan for a call with everyone!

Have a great weekend! 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @James.taylor , perfect 😊

Thank you very much. 

I am super happy that we move forward in this topic.

Have a lovely weekend.

Best

Mariusz

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Everyone 👋,

I just wanted to let you know that we’re still working on preparing a session with you all, so please keep an eye out for some more information soon!

In the meantime, please do keep sharing any other feedback in the thread or on the sheet.

Thank you, James

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @James.taylor,

Any ETA on the proposed call?

We have had some challenges with the Android software and the app recently.

It took some time to resolve, so wanted to have a better understanding.

We also have been challenged around local legislations and the flexibility around collecting customer data. Some of the property feel rather exposed as they can’t control what data they want to collect.

@DanS., not sure which supplier you have been looking at and your budget, but we have 3rd party deploying kiosks for us and so far have been quite happy with them.

The access to customization is quite great and they have been able to build complex flows for us. Feel free to reach out to me for more info, understanding the posts here are for the Mews product.

Thanks,

Igor

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @James.taylor,

We also have been challenged around local legislations and the flexibility around collecting customer data. Some of the property feel rather exposed as they can’t control what data they want to collect.

@DanS., not sure which supplier you have been looking at and your budget, but we have 3rd party deploying kiosks for us and so far have been quite happy with them.

The access to customization is quite great and they have been able to build complex flows for us. Feel free to reach out to me for more info, understanding the posts here are for the Mews product.

Thanks,

Igor

Pls let me know the suppliers info and we can go from there. Thanks a lot.

Dan

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @James.taylor,

Thanks,

Igor

Hi Igor,

We’re looking to setup the call for early March, but I hope to confirm a specific date as soon as I can!

Any details you can please share on the data some of the properties want to collect would be great context for the discussion!

Thank you,

James

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi All. I’m pleased to confirm the date for this workshop as 14th March 10am-12pm CET.
For those who expressed an interest here in this thread, I will send you the link to the event separately (as a private message in this community), and you’ll be able to add it to your calendar. Please let us know if you can attend via the button on the event link.

Looking forward to seeing you there. 🙌

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Sarah,

thank you for your message. I am happy to join 😊

Thank you in advance

Best

Mariusz

Userlevel 1

Hi All. I’m pleased to confirm the date for this workshop as 14th March 10am-12pm CET.
For those who expressed an interest here in this thread, I will send you the link to the event separately (as a private message in this community), and you’ll be able to add it to your calendar. Please let us know if you can attend via the button on the event link.

Looking forward to seeing you there. 🙌

Hi Sarah, please if you could add me to the call. 

mee too

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Everyone 👋,

Thank you again for the great participation and discussion in the Kiosk community workshop on Tuesday! We appreciate having such an engaged group of customers that want to see the product improve 👏

I’ve summarised the key discussion points below along with some items where we will do some further work before following up!

Have a great weekend and please keep an eye out for further follow-up in the near future.

Feedback already in-progress or planned to be worked on

• Improvement to Kiosk payments and enabling of pre-authorisations - Coming soon!
  • New Kiosk design to reduce key friction points - First steps planned
  • Customer configuration of the data requested from guests - Legally required fields to begin with, but planned to expand in future
  • Planned capability to increase your ancillary revenues through room upgrades and early check-in fee

Feedback requiring more work by Mews

• Capturing the billing address was a clear need - Mews to plan how to start addressing this based on the discussion and schedule a follow-up with interested customers
  • Use cases for additional services in Kiosk (e.g. parking, bike rental, etc.) - Separate meeting to be set up by Mews to discuss use cases
  • Consider greater capability with products based on feedback for categorisation (e.g. with breakfasts) and inventory management - Collaborate with relevant teams in Mews to understand development plans.
  • Unlocking way-finding for the guest on their own device once they’ve completed check-in
  • Opportunity discussed for a hybrid staff-led check-in with Mews Operations and registration card on a tablet

Information for participants

• If there is any difference between what legally required data is requested from guests and what you expect, please do share this with your Customer Success representative as this can be updated if it’s incorrect.
  • Please see the guide for using multiple settlement rules in Mews that we promised to share.
  • If you observe ID scanning issues in Kiosk please do share examples including which IDs are failing and an issue date for the document if one is present.

Beta testing

Thank you to everyone that volunteered to be involved in Kiosk beta testing. We have you all noted down from the meeting chat and will follow-up in future with capabilities to pilot. 

Prioritisation Exercise

The highest priority items you shared in the chat are below. We will use this feedback to help inform our future planning.

• Business Address (x3)
  • Mandatory email address for all guests (x2)
  • Custom required fields (x2)
  • Groups (more than one guest to check-in under the same booking)
  • Not freezing when processing a group
  • Pre-authorisation

@Mariusz Siwkowski @Mick @Michal @Uffe @Sanne @JanaD @IgorK @claudio.berger @Sam @c.rex @Julia @Hendrik Renken @m.salim @Robin Gustavsson 
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Happy Friday everyone 👋

I hope you have all been doing well!

I know quite a few of you wanted to participate in any Kiosk beta programs, so I wanted to share that we have opened our first one in the Mews Community. You can find some details here.

This beta is for the improved payments and pre-authorisation capability that we shared during the workshop and will only be relevant if you’re using Kiosk with a Mews terminal. Please do reply in the above post if you’re interested to sign-up!

Have a great weekend and I plan to reach out again soon for some of the follow-up discussions from the workshop 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge

Seeing this thread now. 
we are quite interested as we have been unable to use the kiosk because of the lack of billing address. 

thanks i

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Seeing this thread now. 
we are quite interested as we have been unable to use the kiosk because of the lack of billing address. 

thanks i

@Ethros  I’ve added your name to the thread for this program in the Beta Program Group. I recommend you join the group so you can keep up to date with this and other programs we’re running :)