Join the Beta program: Kiosk payment improvements and pre-authorisations

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Mews has been working to improve how Kiosk payments work and to extend the capabilities to include pre-authorisations.

If you’re using the Mews Kiosk and have it paired with a Mews payment terminal, then you could join existing participants of this beta program and get early access to this new capability!

What’s changed? The Mews Kiosk now recognises the settlement rules configured by each rate group. This means you can benefit from a more robust payment experience with a reduced risk of double charges and missed payments.

If desired, you can configure your settlement rules to take a pre-authorisation during check-in. Kiosk will now request this from the guest during the check-in flow and process through the Mews terminal without staff intervention, saving time for your front of house team.

Please post in the thread below if you’d like to participate in this Beta or just want to learn more. 

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Yes, want to learn more!

Userlevel 1

Yes please - interested in how this work with advance payments and auto deposits especially

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thank you @mauritsbots @Louise Bown, I will follow-up with you both to share more on this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@James.taylor  please add @Ethros  to this program too. Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thank you @Sarah.Masterton-Brown

@Ethros I’ll follow-up with you to coordinate a time to discuss further.

Userlevel 1

Hi, i would like to learn more about the beta of kiosk!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi, i would also like to join the beta group

Userlevel 2

Yes, would like to join the beta of kiosk 2.0!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thank you @SimonR, I will contact you directly to arrange a time for us to share more details.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi James, also interested to participate with Styles Hotel Karlsruhe Messe and use the new features.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Linus.Bihn, sorry for missing your message above.

This capability was enabled for your properties at the end of May. Tea contacted me directly about this and I believe she was coordinating with you.

I’d be happy to discuss with you how this has been going.

Userlevel 1

Hi, We would join this beta at Gitstapper Hof

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Maikel Heinen, thank you for reaching out! I’ll message you directly to find a time to talk through the capability and how it works for Gitstapper Hof.