News

Reflecting on our Product Roadmap session

• 8 February 2024
  • 4 replies
Reflecting on our Product Roadmap session
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Did you get the chance to attend our recent webinar, Mews Product Roadmap: What's coming next? Whether you were able to participate live or not, not to worry – we've jotted down some highlights and recorded the session to make sure you don’t miss a thing.  

This webinar explored many of our upcoming features and initiatives, including: 

• Enhanced payment processing: We're making payments smoother with more options like SEPA and integrating Mews Payments into our POS system. Now, one device covers orders and payments, simplifying your workflow. 

• Space upgrade promotions: Boost your earnings by offering room upgrades at check-in. Our Beta program was a hit, showing promising results, and we're expanding this feature to make it available for everyone soon. 

• Back-office efficiency: We're automating user setup and off-boarding, plus centralizing configurations for multi-property management. 

• Financial operations made simple: We're refining guest bill amendments to be intuitive for everyone and enhancing accuracy for your finance team. 

• Reporting analytics research: Help shape the future of Mews reporting analytics by participating in our brand-new research initiative within the Mews Community.

• Mews Community Beta Program: Get early access to features and influence future updates by joining the Mews Beta Program.  

In case you missed the session or would like a refresher, we've got you covered. The webinar recording and the full Q&A (featuring responses to the questions we didn’t have time to answer), is now available exclusively for our Mews Community members. To access, send a direct message to @Mews Community Team and we’ll send you a link. 

Lastly, how did we do? We’d love to hear your feedback on our roadmap session by submitting this form – so that we can make every webinar better than the last.  

Thank you again for your participation and for helping us build a better Mews. 

----------------------- 

We're excited to share our product roadmap, a forward-looking guide intended to inform you about our envisioned product direction. Please note, this is for informational purposes and should not be viewed as a binding commitment; the specifics may evolve. Decisions based on this roadmap are made at your discretion, and we're here to support you as our plans unfold. 

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Sarah

Will the space upgrades promotions info / features be available to third party integrations through the API?

You integrate with a lot of upsell and guest communications platforms so it would be amazing if we could still access this feature if that is how we are interacting with our guests.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Sarah

Will the space upgrades promotions info / features be available to third party integrations through the API?

You integrate with a lot of upsell and guest communications platforms so it would be amazing if we could still access this feature if that is how we are interacting with our guests.

Hi @Hel.L  

We already do enable integration partners to upgrade a reservation to a higher space/resource category via the API (by updating the reservation). It works the same as if done manually on the timeline.

If you have something in mind, especially if you have an integration partner in mind, our Product Manager @sylvia.tang  would love to hear more about it.

Userlevel 1

Hi Sarah

Hi @Hel.L  

We already do enable integration partners to upgrade a reservation to a higher space/resource category via the API (by updating the reservation). It works the same as if done manually on the timeline.

If you have something in mind, especially if you have an integration partner in mind, our Product Manager @sylvia.tang  would love to hear more about it.

Hi Sarah & @sylvia.tang ,

I think where I was going with my question was regarding the ability to validate availability for upgrades before offering them to the guest (which I assume this feature would do in it’s native execution).

As a small property with only 1 of every room type that is something that would have to be checked before it’s offered otherwise we would, more often than not, alienate a lot of guests.

We work with Akia, and based on how far they’ve bent over backwards to make other complex guest automations work for us, I don’t doubt that they might be able to find a convoluted way to validate availability on their end…  But if you are already setting up checks for that natively, then being able to pass upgrade inventory availability through the API directly, I imagine would streamline 3rd party implementation immensely.

H

hi @Hel.L I see! 

We do have some options in the API that partners can use to verify availability:

• Use the parameter (“CheckOverbooking”) when updating the assigned room of a reservation - this asks Mews to validate whether there is availability for upgrades, and prevent overbooking a category.
  • There’s also the possibility for Akia to first check for availability of specific room categories for the selected dates. And then if there is indeed availability, offer guests to purchase room upgrades

I’ll share your notes with our Technical Partnerships team so we can work with Akia and see if this is something that could be extended in their integration :)