New beta: Increase revenue with upgrades in Online Check-in

Show first post

159 replies

Userlevel 3

@James.taylor

It is working and we have done a test booking. So it is easy to use and secure as I think the guest needs to give an extra payment confirmation.

In MEWS it works well, the upgrade is automatically done. However it is not very clear for the reception that an upgrade has been chosen, so my question is would there be a way to inform the reception about this? 

Especially if the booking is not made with the own booking engine, how is this done in the system with prepaid bookings, virtual credit cards etc.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi @Milou, thank you for the feedback!

We will investigate ways to better show staff that a reservation was upgraded.

For bookings that are prepaid or have a VCC, the guest is still offered an upgrade option if there is one available. The payment is dependent on the settlement rules for that reservation, but will likely have a balance to settle on their bill on arrival if the reservation is 100% prepaid. 

Is there at this moment a way to easily see how often guests actually order an upgrade this way? Or a report in which this is visible?
I would be interested to have this upgrade option enabled for Grand Hotel Casselbergh. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @mauritsbots, I have just enabled the upgrade experience for guests at Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam.

Please let us know if you have any feedback or further questions.

Thank you, James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Is there at this moment a way to easily see how often guests actually order an upgrade this way? Or a report in which this is visible?
I would be interested to have this upgrade option enabled for Grand Hotel Casselbergh. 

Hi @Egon Lagrou, thank you for commenting on this beta program. At the moment it is only visible in the action log of the reservation when an upgrade in Online Check-in has happened.

We are looking at ways to better show this on the reservation and how we can enable reporting on these upgrades.

I can enable this for your property if you’re still interested to try this out?

Userlevel 3

Hi @Egon Lagrou, thank you for commenting on this beta program. At the moment it is only visible in the action log of the reservation when an upgrade in Online Check-in has happened.

We are looking at ways to better show this on the reservation and how we can enable reporting on these upgrades.

I can enable this for your property if you’re still interested to try this out?

@James.taylor : please enable this for Grand Hotel Casselbergh (not for the other 2 properties within our group). Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

please enable this for Grand Hotel Casselbergh (not for the other 2 properties within our group). Thanks in advance.

@Egon Lagrou, I have enabled the settings for upgrades for Grand Hotel Casselbergh as requested. Please exclude any specific spaces you don’t want offered as upgrades and I will plan to enable the experience for your guests by the end of the day tomorrow.

Thank you for joining the Beta!

Userlevel 3

please enable this for Grand Hotel Casselbergh (not for the other 2 properties within our group). Thanks in advance.

@Egon Lagrou, I have enabled the settings for upgrades for Grand Hotel Casselbergh as requested. Please exclude any specific spaces you don’t want offered as upgrades and I will plan to enable the experience for your guests by the end of the day tomorrow.

Thank you for joining the Beta!

All space categories can be available for an upgrade, so I left the settings for all space categories like they were.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Egon Lagrou, as you’re not making any space adjustments I’ve enabled the experience for guests now.

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Userlevel 4

Hey, we would like to test the beta with Paulinen Hof Seminarhotel

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @c.rex, apologies for the delay in replying to you.

I have enabled the new settings for Paulinen Hof Seminarhotel so you can opt-out any specific spaces if required.

I will plan to switch on the experience for guests by the end of tomorrow, but please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Userlevel 4

Hi @c.rex, apologies for the delay in replying to you.

I have enabled the new settings for Paulinen Hof Seminarhotel so you can opt-out any specific spaces if required.

I will plan to switch on the experience for guests by the end of tomorrow, but please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Hi James, thanks for the infos. Feel free to push the go live button

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi James, thanks for the infos. Feel free to push the go live button

Hi @c.rex, I have just enabled the experience for guests.

Please let me know any feedback you have about the experience.

Userlevel 1

Hi, We would love to use the new feature at Gitstapper Hof.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi, We would love to use the new feature at Gitstapper Hof.

Hi @Maikel Heinen, thank you for joining this group!

I have just enabled the upgrade settings for your property so you can make any adjustments.

I will plan to enable the experience for guests tomorrow morning.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Userlevel 4

The new feature ist great! 

It would be awesome to get a notification if a guest upgrades himself. And it would be important to be able to evaluate the number and sums of the upgrades

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Maikel Heinen, I have just enabled the upgrades experience for guests completing online check-in at your property. Sorry for the delay in getting this enabled.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The new feature ist great! 

It would be awesome to get a notification if a guest upgrades himself. And it would be important to be able to evaluate the number and sums of the upgrades

Thank you @c.rex for sharing your feedback!

We are currently looking at how we can better show which reservations have been upgraded, so please watch this space!

A follow-up to the suggestion for a notification; would you plan to take a particular action if you had a notification that a guest had upgraded themself? 

Userlevel 3

@James.taylor would it be possible to opt-in with Hotel Botanique Breda as well?

Thank you.

Hi @James.taylor ,
Would it be possible to enable this option for Palm Hotel & Spa please ? 
Thank you 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Milou and @Laurence Lai,

Thank you both for wanting to add properties to this beta program. I have enabled the additional settings for your properties so you’re able to make any adjustments to individual spaces.

I will plan to enable the experience for your guests first thing Monday.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime though.

Thank you and have a great weekend! 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Good morning @Milou and @Laurence Lai, I have just enabled the upgrades experience for your guests this morning.

Please do share any feedback or questions you might have here! 🙂

Good morning @James.taylor,

Thanks for enabling this feature ! I can have access to the new options regarding the upgrades in MEWS back-end. Nonetheless, I have just made a test booking, and when sending the “Before arrival” e-mail and proceeding to online pre check-in, there’s no option for upgrading… Is there any option that I must activate somewhere please ?

Thanks for your help, 

Laurence  

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@James.taylor ive just returned from annual leave, and i am told that its not working at Hotel Jakarta?

Also, when i myself check in online for a reservation, no option to upgrade is provided

Hi @James.taylor,

Bit late to the party but could you perhaps enable this in the demo enviroment for VIA Amsterdam. 

Would love to see how it works in a hostel enviroment. 

Best

Johannes 

Good afternoon,

Would love to try this out. Would you be able to enable this for Paleis Hotel?

Kind regards, 

Femke

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@James.taylor ive just returned from annual leave, and i am told that its not working at Hotel Jakarta?

Also, when i myself check in online for a reservation, no option to upgrade is provided

hi @James.taylor it works now.

Do note that there is a small error on the ‘upgrade your stay page’. The check out time is incorrectly translated in the time format. At Hotel Jakarta we operate with 12:00 hrs check out, however the upgrade provides a very nice extra hour to 13:00 hrs. see attached: