Skip to main content

Increase revenue with upgrades in Online Check-in

Are you looking for ways to increase revenue? Do you find yourself with available capacity for higher priced rooms?

We’re excited to share this opportunity to join the Beta for our new upgrade capability in Online Check-in. Guests can now be offered available higher priced spaces when completing their online check-in to help boost your revenues and make their stay a little more special.

How does it work?
During Online Check In, Mews will check if there are any spaces in a higher category available. If so, the guest will be offered the upgrade and will be charged the new category price minus the price already booked.

• Mews will only offer an upgrade to single reservations - groups are not supported.
  • Mews will not offer an upgrade if there is a restriction in place or there is no availability.
  • Mews will not offer an upgrade if the higher category is cheaper than the price already paid.

You'll be able to set individual space categories where you would not like a guest to upgrade to. E.g. to avoid upgrades to accessible rooms. This can be found under “Options” in the “Space category” settings. Upgrades made by guests will be shown in the ‘Action log’ of the reservation.

oEDIT] There is also a new setting “Enable space upgrades in online check-in” under the “Visit options” in your bookable service. This is selected by default when we enable the capability, but can be disabled if required.

What do guests see?

Upgrades during online check-in

How can I get started?

1. Reply to this thread with the property you’d like added to this beta
  2. I’ll enable the new settings so you can remove any space categories you don’t want offered as upgrades
  3. After 24 hours, I’ll enable upgrades to start appearing in the Online check-in for your guests (or after a longer time if requested)

Please ask any questions or share any feedback you have below.

182 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey!

Thats a great feature!

Could you please activate it for Landhotel 3Kronen?

Thank you so much,

Felix

Hi @felix.poellmann, thank you for joining this community group to try out the space upgrades capability.

I will plan to enable this on Monday morning at your property and will confirm here once it’s live.

Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have and have a great weekend!

James

Hi @Heidi, thank you for the comments and feedback. I’ve added some replies below, but please let me know if you’d like to discuss anything further.

How can i run a report to see how many kiosk upgrades / online upgrades there has been made?

I’m afraid we don’t have a report embedded in Mews for this yet. The best way to identify an upgraded reservation is from within the action log of the reservation, but I appreciate this is not easy to get an overall picture.

ok - To the future we need to get some data - how many upgrades we are selling fx per month. 

And how does the upgrade look like in online check in? Thank you!

You can see how upgrades look in online check in in the original post of this thread.  

Can you also activate these to on Hotel Scheelsminde? Thank you! 

Hello James, can you also add Hotel Nørre Vosborg? 

I can add both of these properties. I’ll plan to enable this on Monday 15th July in the morning and will confirm here once they’re live. 

Thank you so much! We are ready!

This picture is from Peak 12 Hotel. Could you design the look at kiosk so we could have the 2 categories on the same page? The text is the same as online booking - could this be done shorter to upgrade? Nobody has time to read this - why they should choose this upgrade.

And the picture in this upgrade is the last one in online booking. Please take the first picture. Thank you James! 

Thank you for this feedback regarding the Kiosk experience. I’ll share this with the team and look at whether we can make some adjustments to the experience.

-Thank you James! 

To last; can you please active only online check ind at following hotels: 

Boutique Hotel Herman K 

Boutique Hotel Royal 

Boutique Hotel Villla Provence 

Can you please active only online check ind and kiosk at following hotels: 

Aalborg Airport Hotel 

Airport Hotel, Billund

Then we have all 9 hotels in Beta. Thank you! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @felix.poellmann, I hope you had a good weekend.

I’ve enabled the upgrades capability in online and Kiosk check in for your property as requested.

Please do share any feedback or further questions you might have here.

Thank you,

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Heidi, I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

I have enabled the upgrades capability in all your properties for online check in and the below properties for Kiosk:

• Hotel Scheelsminde
  • Hotel Nørre Vosborg
  • Aalborg Airport Hotel
  • Airport Hotel, Billund

Please note that you’re able to enable or disable the upgrades capability yourself. For Kiosk, this is found in the Kiosk configuration settings. For online check in, this is one of the “Visit Options” within the bookable service.

Please do share any further feedback or questions you might have.

Thank you,

James

Userlevel 1

Hi, can we add this to the MEWS kiosks for Smarthotel Oslo?

Have a great friday!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Vegard Kaspersen, stepping in while my colleague James is away. 

I have enabled Room Upgrades in Kiosk for Smarthotel Oslo. Please note that you’re able to enable or disable the upgrades capability yourself. For Kiosk, this is found in the Kiosk configuration settings.

Thank you

Hello 

Could you enable it for Made in Catherine ? 

Thanks!