Solved

PayPal payment

• 22 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi there!
Has anyone implemented an integration for PayPal payments?
Or does anyone know, how to add this payment in addition to the payment via creditcard in the mews booking engine.

30% of our guests cannot pay with a creditcard. But here in Germay the use paypal. So that would be a game changer in rising the conversion rate in the booking engine.

Thank’s for suggestions.

Best regards
Kai

icon

Best answer by MarketaOupi 7 March 2023, 16:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi there!
Has anyone implemented an integration for PayPal payments?
Or does anyone know, how to add this payment in addition to the payment via creditcard in the mews booking engine.

30% of our guests cannot pay with a creditcard. But here in Germay the use paypal. So that would be a game changer in rising the conversion rate in the booking engine.

Thank’s for suggestions.

Best regards
Kai

Hi,

We accept paypal but via a different payment processor. You can take a look at woocommerce which accepts it or rather via stripe accepts it.

You would need your own stripe and woocommerce account.

What you would need to do is program your BE that when a guest chooses paypal, it would redirect to the woocommerce (e-commerce) shop and they could checkout like that. 

At the moment, we are using Mews payments which unfortunately does not accept paypal. But Stripe does.

Hope this rambling does help.

Dan

Userlevel 3

Hey, thanks for answering.

But how can you let the guest choose the payment and redirect to a different payment page in the MEWS booking engine ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey, thanks for answering.

But how can you let the guest choose the payment and redirect to a different payment page in the MEWS booking engine ?

I just answered this on the other page, but you could do this with some HTML coding… You would need a programmer/coder who could add a redirect button on the final page of the booking process which would lead you to the stripe.woocommerce page with paypal as an option. However, do not forget to cross settle when the payments go through and you would have to be on top of no payment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi Kai,

this is Markéta from Mews support 🙂

Thank you for this great question! 🌼

I wanted to let you know that you are not the first to mention PayPal and good news is, we are actually having conversations currently with PayPal to figure out how an integration could look like. 

Since it is not that easy, we expect more clarity on the solution in the next two months.

I hope this helps, once we know more, we will for sure inform you and post this info also in the Community! 🤝

Regarding the external solution, I am not able to advise as Dan is talking about redirecting away from Mews.

Thanks and have a great day! 🌞

Markéta

Userlevel 3

Hi Kai,

this is Markéta from Mews support 🙂

Thank you for this great question! 🌼

I wanted to let you know that you are not the first to mention PayPal and good news is, we are actually having conversations currently with PayPal to figure out how an integration could look like. 

Since it is not that easy, we expect more clarity on the solution in the next two months.

I hope this helps, once we know more, we will for sure inform you and post this info also in the Community! 🤝

Regarding the external solution, I am not able to advise as Dan is talking about redirecting away from Mews.

Thanks and have a great day! 🌞

Markéta

Hey, thats really good to hear!!!
If paypal will be ikmplemented we will no longer loose 20-30% od our bookings… ;-) Great!!!
Looking forward to hearing here from a new status…