We would like to make understanding rebates easier for you and your staff!

Userlevel 2
Badge

We are looking into possibly changing the language that we use for rebates. We want to make it as simple as possible for our Front Desk staff to understand what it is they are doing when they hit the rebate button as well as educating them through the process when doing a rebate. 

Could you let us know which of these terms you would think is best for the “rebate” button?

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @nikidebruyn,

It may also be interesting to add the Invoice number of the original invoice / bill next to “Rebate” (or whatever it will be called in the future). This would make it much easier for all departments to follow-up on rebates, track revenue or answer questions from guests and partners.

Userlevel 3

I would argue using

Credit note, and Debit note

this is what we normally use to define. Both internally with Front office staff and externally with our accountant. (please also include the bill nr. as Matthias suggested)

If not possible keep Rebate. 

Hi agree with both Matthias and Uffe,

and actually credit note makes more sense.

Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks so much for these suggestions! I will definitely take note and see what we can do re invoice number on rebated bill. @Grazia Satalino @Uffe @MatthiasH 

QQ. Do you use the term credit note instead of the word rebate in your business?

Userlevel 3

Yes we do.

Rebate was a new word for us when migrating to MEWS. 

There are still some (however few at this point) who has to “translate” rebate to Creditnote before understanding the process

Hi yes we do use mostly credit note, but with mews we had to adapt to rebate instead.

Thank you 

Grazia

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks so much for your answers @Grazia Satalino @Uffe 

Userlevel 1
Badge

leave as is

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for your feedback @River House 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @nikidebruyn

We have found the rebate concept to be confusing & difficult to train across our properties. 

My questio is indirectly related  to your question. Apologies for going a little off topic ;)

Is there any reason that Mews does not have a VOID option available for an invoice? Voiding an invoice would cancel the entire invoice & put the line items both revenue & payments back to the billing screen to be dealt with again. 

It is similiar to a rebate, however when we rebate an invoice we are forced to do a number of manual postings to get the invoice back to where we need it. 

I look forward to your response. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

A good point! A Void function would  make a lot of sense!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks so much for your feedback @Mick @River House Let me do some digging on the impact of this idea on fiscalization with my team. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @nikidebruyn

I just wanted to check-in on this thread and see if how your internal discussions went, are you able to provide any thoughts on this?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Mick We are currently working on reworking automation of rebates flow. You should be hearing more on it soon

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Thank @nikidebruyn, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Do you plan to further enage consult with the Mews community on the changes before making them?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Our team would be happy to set up a call with you to show you our plans @Mick, can I pass on your details?