Solved

Upsell via Kiosk - how to inform your teams

• 14 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi all,

We are using Kiosk in our hotels, but mostly as a digital registration card, but are now also testing upsell possibilities whilst using Kiosk (basically turning on the ‘before check-in’ promotion).

But now we found that there is no information whatsoever to the team if and when a guest has selected these upgrades, causing complaints as we failed to deliver the requested product. 

Apparently this is per design? Who designed this for a hotel where no staff is involved and the check-in process is completely indepedent from a team member?

I found this feedback request; 

https://feedback.mews.com/forums/918232-mews-operations-pms/suggestions/43637643-notification-upsell-kiosk

I'm keen on understanding how some of you work with this setting. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by MarketaOupi 20 July 2023, 10:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @mauritsbots,

thank you for another great question! 💐

I raised this question with the team and it created quite an interesting discussion with a lot of teams involved.

Long story short, you are right, the notification is totally missing and we will work on a solution.

I do not have any specific date, but this will get definitely prioritized 🙌

Have a great day, 😎

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Great to read!

Userlevel 4

Hey, We have added a message to the thank you message stating they can collect any additional items from reception when convenient or see reception if they added a late check out. 

Unfortunately for late check-out the keys need to be re encoded so they still need to come back to reception if they add this product. 

Hope this helps, 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey, We have added a message to the thank you message stating they can collect any additional items from reception when convenient or see reception if they added a late check out. 

Unfortunately for late check-out the keys need to be re encoded so they still need to come back to reception if they add this product. 

Hope this helps, 

weird no? why upsell ‘a cold beer in your room’ when nobody from staff is informed to bring one 🤷🏻