Solved

Stay Products, price overrides

Userlevel 4
  • Superstar Contributor
  • 62 replies

Hi all,

After advice please on the price override function on stay products. We are so happy we have this function now and are using the override to update prices rather than updating the base price, so that future reservations who already booked are not affected by the price change. 

Where we struggle is that on the products page there is no indication that a price has been overridden and the price override has an expiry date. 

Has anyone got a solution for keeping track of your price overrides on products? (other than manually tracking) and solution to be aware when the price override is expiring? 

Thanks, Sam

icon

Best answer by MarketaOupi 3 May 2023, 15:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi Sam! 

thank you for this great question! 🍀

Regarding your first remark, that you can´t see that a product price has been overridden - I am discussing this internally with our product managers, if a column could be added to the screen, or if there is another suggestion. 

Next you mention that you struggle with keeping track of the overrides - did you know there is an action log available, when you are inside the product pricing details?

This will bring you to the action log, where you can see the overrides along with the dates.

In my screenshot I have selected the exact product, that I was interested in. If I leave it blank, I will be able to see all the overrides, but not only products, but rates as well.

Does this help? 

Have a lovely day! 🌻

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi Sam!

I discussed the option of adding the info about overrides to the main product page, but currently that is not planned.

The argument behind it is that the override can be far in the future for one date and could create confusion.

But feel free to add this to our feedback page and in case more properties vote for your idea, this can be reconsidered 🙂

I hope the other suggestions helped 🙌🏼

Userlevel 4

Hi Marketa,

Thanks for looking into it, although not what we are looking for. 

Unfortunately price overrides can only be set for 1 year so as some point our child prices will expire, somehow we need to keep track of which products and expiry dates - not all products and hotels were set at the same time. 

Thanks,