Feedback

Seeking Insights: Are You Using Shared Logins for Mews?

• 4 January 2024
  • 3 replies
Seeking Insights: Are You Using Shared Logins for Mews?
Userlevel 3

Hello Mews Community 👋

I’m reaching out to our community to gather some insights into a specific practice – the use of shared logins for accessing Mews. Are any of you, perhaps within your front desk team or reservations department, utilising a common login for efficiency or convenience?

The reason behind our curiosity is twofold. Firstly, we are deeply interested in understanding the various use cases for this practice. We recognise that every team has unique workflows and challenges, and sometimes shared logins can be a practical solution for certain scenarios.

Secondly, we're looking to learn more about the challenges this practice helps you overcome. Is it primarily about saving time? Or maybe it simplifies training for new team members? Whatever the reasons, your insights are incredibly valuable to us.

This information will play a crucial role in our ongoing product discovery process. By understanding your needs and the practical solutions you've devised, we can better tailor our product development to serve you more effectively.

We assure you that any information shared will be used purely for internal product development purposes. Our goal is to continuously improve Mews, making it as user-friendly and efficient as possible for all our clients.

Please feel free to share your experiences and thoughts either in the comments below or perhaps I can schedule a 30-minute video call with you to get into the details.

Thank you for helping us make Mews even better!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi @jesson.atherton with WestCord Hotels we make a rule NOT to share login details to ensure we have a complete audit trail for changes, postings etc.

However, we do find it difficult having to force employees to use their private e-mail address as login.

Providing access to team members should be made possible using a username+password option to be set by Admins without the need to provide an e-mail address. Ideally there would be an e-mail address connected to several of these ‘anonymous’ accounts, eg the hotel generic one, to allow for a password reset. 

The current setup using 2FA is also flawed, as it allows users to turn OFF 2FA when the 2FA is not set to mandatory. I've said this before: based on IP address the MEWS website should be made accessible to specific users outside of the property - a receptionists has 0 need to login from home..

Userlevel 3

Hi @mauritsbots,

Thank you for highlighting these points. I have updated the opportunities we keep a record of for future development options.

I presume you have not enforced MFA. Have you found some limitations with using the mandatory MFA feature?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @mauritsbots,

Thank you for highlighting these points. I have updated the opportunities we keep a record of for future development options.

I presume you have not enforced MFA. Have you found some limitations with using the mandatory MFA feature?

Yes, but we will discuss.