Saving invoices in PDF? Why?

• 27 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Community, 

We noticed that a lot of hotels are saving invoices in PDF format. And I was wondering why? and also what would be the frequency of this process? should it be daily or could it be weekly or monthly? 

Thanks 

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hey @willjordan  @Jasmin H.  @Nina  @SabineSchr  @claudio.berger Does this apply to you? Would be great if you can share your way of working here to help @coudert.mathias fully understand your processes. Thanks 💚

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m not sure if you are referring to sending guest bills, but the hotel prefers to download bills and email them directly to customers as an attachment. There is a lot of hesitancy around using Mews’ mail templates and Mews generated correspondence because of the lack of customization, personalization, and transparency. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Mathias,

we are not saving the PDF files and i don’t now why there should be the reason to save it. Because it’s saved in the guest Profil.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @coudert.mathias,

There are the following situations where we would download the invoice.

1. Sending the invoice to a company where extra information is to be mentioned in the email.
  2. Sending an invoice to an invoicing emailbox where the subject must follow a certain format.
  3. Uploading the invoice to an extranet for processing (FIT-contracts and such).
  4. The guest does not trust the emails coming from [email protected] (especially the .li part) and only want to open the invoices coming form our own email-address.
Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for all of your reply. 

Indeed when asking about “downloading bill in PDF” I meant 
This option, from the billing screen. 

Thanks

Userlevel 3

Hi Mathias,

Glad you asked this question. I’m currently in the process of downloading all our invoices one by one. Hell of a job!

I’m located in Tirol, Austria. I’m happy to say we work with one of the more modern accounting offices around here. They actually allow us to send them invoices in pdf format. Digitally! Around here that’s very forward thinking :)

Nearly every hotel owner here is printing every invoice and dragging it to their accountant every month.

Long story short, even though we book our turnovers directly from the accounting report. Our accountant still wants to have a copy of each individual invoice at the end of the month. 

A simple “download all invoices in PDF format” function would save us a lot of time ;)

Userlevel 3

Seems a bit silly but we use it to get a preview of how it will look from the guest perspective. 

we occasionally use it to send an email, from our own email address as described by other users as well, however this is rarely the case

Hi Mathias, 

We have problems connecting our printers since we work from a server, therefore we are using the pdf format a lot. 

Additionally, we download the invoices to clarify any questions from accounting in order to discuss it better. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Mathias

Two reasons in my experience:

• Hotels having troubles to connect printers through Mews Connector
  • Fiscal requirement to store invoices. In my experience, Mews is not yet accepted as digital store of invoices by certain countries and hotels are therefore required to store a downloaded copy of the invoice for fiscal control purposes