Reports & Lists from Mews

• 28 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Dear community
Has anyone experience with creating individual reports from Mews (daily reports & lists in pdf format)?
Of course you can export a lot via filters and Excel, but for daily use in the departments this is not really convenience. We have already programmed some reports ourselves, but wanted to ask here how other hotels handle this. How do you create your daily lists and reports and with which lists do you work at all?
Thanks a lot

Kind regards

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Which reports do you want to work with?
Unfortunately, automatic creation only works via Excel at the moment.
@Mews are changes planned here?

We currently use reservation and manager reports in Excel. format. Sending them to other recipients can also be set up.

Userlevel 1

Dear Jasmin,
I’m wondering how other hotels or chains are using the reports from Mews. There are some simple reports like breakfast list, pick-up reports, detailed manager reports. housekeeping lists which are missing in my opinion.

And I can’t image that everyone is just using excel files instead of "real” reports. Are there tools which can created customiced reports for hotels & chains?

Thank you for your answer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Dear Jasmin,
I’m wondering how other hotels or chains are using the reports from Mews. There are some simple reports like breakfast list, pick-up reports, detailed manager reports. housekeeping lists which are missing in my opinion.

And I can’t image that everyone is just using excel files instead of "real” reports. Are there tools which can created customiced reports for hotels & chains?

Thank you for your answer.

Hi Revier,

i completely agree with you. Currently there are too many work-arounds that must be used on order to do daily tasks as breakfast list, pick-up reports… Furthermore, the excel reports that are available are sometimes even using wrong calculations (ie. REVPAR) and are thus only creating extra manual work…

@Sarah.Masterton-Brown is there maybe a way of having a meeting with someone responsible for the reports in mews, so we can solve these flaws?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Revier

We have had our challenges with reporting and have come up with a number of solutions to satisfy the business requirements. 

1. We use IntouchData which integrates with Mews and exports our data, we then build custom reports. It’s effectively a data warehouse which comes with out of the box reports and a drag & drop report builder.
  2. We have built a Salesforce integration utilising Mulesoft, all reservation data & customer data is synced to Salesforce, We are then able to see an overarching customer view with all reservation data and use the Salesforce report builder.
  3. We have trialed using PowerBI and extracting data from the Mews API

You could also achieve custom PDF reporting using Zapier, this could be a simpler approach if you just need a few reports. 

Step 1: Create a web hook endpoint in Zapier

Step 2: Setup a MEws Report Export which sends JSON to the Zapier endpoint

Step 3: Use zapier to format data as required

Step 4: Use a PDF creation service like PDF monkey to create the PDF

Step 5: Use Zapier mail to send the PDF to recipients

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Revier  @Jasmin H. PDF reporting format is on the radar. The feature request is here if you’d like to add your vote.
@Mick  you have some great solutions here - thanks for sharing.
@MatthiasH thanks for the question. Yes, we can set something up - a group discussion, with members of the product team to explore this topic further. 
To the community, if you would be interested in a session on reporting, like this post or comment below 🙂
Thanks

Userlevel 4

Agree that PDF would be great and that there are many reports missing so we are always trying to figure out workaround which take more time for our teams. 

We have another issue with the scheduled report intervals, all the options (previous day, month etc.) are all based on midnight to midnight. But we do not report revenue on this timeframe due to F&B outlets. When we manually export a report we can select the time period but we are really struggling that we cannot select the timings on scheduled exports. 

Has anyone come up with a solution to have a scheduled export based on a different timeframe other than midnight to midnight? (Always needing to find workarounds).