Solved

Payment rounding

• 5 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Mewsers,

This is a question for properties in Belgium or the Netherlands (or pretty much every country where payment rounding is a thing). With payment rounding I mean that all payments are rounded to the nearest  5 (ie. € 7,93 becomes € 7,95 and € 13,41 becomes € 13,40).

As Mews does not support payment  rounding as a feature, we have created a product for this. This to ensure that all transactions are registered correctly for accounting.

However, we are wondering how other properties are coping with this legal requirement.

icon

Best answer by MarketaOupi 6 June 2023, 15:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @MatthiasH  This very topic is being discussed in our DACH-group - take a look and feel free to respond to @josef.lapka  from our Product team.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @MatthiasH  This very topic is being discussed in our DACH-group - take a look and feel free to respond to @josef.lapka  from our Product team.

Hi @Sarah.Masterton-Brown ,

Can you please reopen this post?

My issue was about something else than the tax calculations.

In Belgium (and some other EU countries) we are obliged to round the amount to the nearest 0 or 5 for cash payments. More information can be found here: https://economie.fgov.be/en/themes/sales/payments/mandatory-rounding-cash

This has nothing to do with tax calculations, but is only based on cash payments.

Thank you in advance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @MatthiasH  Thanks for the correction. I have indeed marked this one as open for others to add to.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @MatthiasH,

I hope you are doing great! 🌻

I reopened this topic with our product team and also opening a research ticket with the document you provided us! 🙌🏼

Once I have some more news, I will let you know! 🌟

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @MatthiasH,

I hope you are doing great! 🌻

I reopened this topic with our product team and also opening a research ticket with the document you provided us! 🙌🏼

Once I have some more news, I will let you know! 🌟

Hello @MarketaOupi ,

Thank you 🙏🏻