Nested rate dependencies ?

• 22 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi there!

Currently when a rate is setup as based upon another rate (base rate) it is only possible to setup one fixed adjustment. However, since we offer rates with and without breakfast, occupancy based adjustments need to be different between rates with and without breakfast (for example).

Wouldn’t a setup option be nice that allows to not derive all room / occupancy prices from the base rate,  but only derive the base rate by a certain adjustment and setup the occupancy adjustments and room type adjustments.

So like:

Base rate: xyz-Rate (← the one the new rate is derived from)

Options:

• A: derive only base rate (room type and occupancy adjustments can be set in the derived rate, just as in a normal rate, only base rate itself cannot be set manually)
  • B: derive base rate and room rates (only occupancy based adjustment can be set in the derived rate, base rate and relations of rates for room types is derived from base rate)
  • C: derive all rates (the currently only available option - only fixed adjustments for all prices based on base rate)

That would allow properties with varying meal-plan options included in the rate to maintain only ONE leading base rate and derive all other rates automatically once setup!

What are your thoughts?
As there are some developments going on for rate setup (cancellation policies), maybe that would fit to the topic ;-)

if I am completely off, and there is a way to achive that now, let me know - I am ready to learn new tricks ;-)

Regards,

Jean-Philipp.

PS: I would like to add, that I titled it nested rate dependencies, because I first thought that it would be an approach to nest rates like this
level 0: base rate with breakfast, flexible
      → Level 1: derived rate without breakfast, flexible (base rate only derived, occupancy adjustment different from base rate, option A)

→ Level 2: secondary (based on Level 1) derived rate without breakfast, non-refundable, fixed adjustment (option C)

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello @j.spiess 

Well, to me, you can have your base rate without breakfast (let’s call it “Flexible”) and create a first other one for breakfast included for a one person occupancy (“Flex BB1”), then a second for 2 person occupancy (“Flex BB2”), etc..

When it is done you just go on the pricing setup of Flex BB1 and Flex BB2, click on the “edit pencil” 

and then make an absolute asjustment for the value of your breakfast (10€ for example)

You put 10€ for Flex BB1 and 20€ for Flex BB2

Then when you adjust only your base rate ‘Flexible”, the other 2 will take into account the base rate adjustement and their own absolute adjustment at once.

Don’t know if there is a simpler way or if it exactly is what you were asking as an answer to your question, but hope it will be of any help to you anyway 😉😅

Let us know

Bye bye

Stephane

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @j.spiess 

Well, to me, you can have your base rate without breakfast (let’s call it “Flexible”) and create a first other one for breakfast included for a one person occupancy (“Flex BB1”), then a second for 2 person occupancy (“Flex BB2”), etc..

When it is done you just go on the pricing setup of Flex BB1 and Flex BB2, click on the “edit pencil” 

and then make an absolute asjustment for the value of your breakfast (10€ for example)

You put 10€ for Flex BB1 and 20€ for Flex BB2

Then when you adjust only your base rate ‘Flexible”, the other 2 will take into account the base rate adjustement and their own absolute adjustment at once.

Don’t know if there is a simpler way or if it exactly is what you were asking as an answer to your question, but hope it will be of any help to you anyway 😉😅

Let us know

Bye bye

Stephane

Well, thank you for your input! However, that would work only standalone for simple setups, but it’s a hack and would require a LOT of rates plans for each occupancy, and it doesn’t work well with occupancy priced rate uploads to channel manager… can’t map more than one rate to a single CM Rate plan. After all, that’s what the occupancy based adjustments are there for. I would want to change one problem with another ;-)

Basically, my suggestion would be to make this setting available to derived rates, to override the correspondig setting from the base rate:

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Yeah I get what you mean @j.spiess 

That is the same “bump” I came accross while testing it on the demo version

Unfortunately, as we are in a one way integration with our CM Cubilis, we don’t have that kind of issue. Indeed the setup ia already programmed on our CM and the CM just transfer the reservation to Mews

Then to have correct food costs and/or room revenue we just play with product rules applying for specific rates each time a reservation using that specific rates through the mapping arrives.

Maybe there is another, less heavy-specific to your case-workaround but you would have to wait for someby else’s help

Sorry I can’t be more helpful 😥

Wait and see 😅

Stephane