Solved

How do you sell products without adding to a Guests Profile without utilising a POS.?

• 13 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

We have a customer profile setup called ‘House Account’ this is shared across the enterprise & when a member of the public walks by & wants to purchase a product, we use the house account to process the sale. 

The House Account is now very slow to load, due to a large amount of closed bills & payments. 

We were suggested to create new house accounts each month, but unwilling to do that as the database will get messy very quickly. 

If the guest is staying in house with us, we are encouraging staff to look up the guest to add the sale however some sites are very busy & if the guest purchases washing powder, bottle of water etc.. it is quicker for the staff to add to the generic house account rather than getting the guest details to add to their account. 

Really keen to hear if you have experienced this challenge & what you’ve done to overcome it. 

icon

Best answer by DanS. 14 December 2022, 11:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@DanS. @Mickael @Georg Gaag  Do any of you have similar challenges too and how do you manage it?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

So much to unpack here… ;)

For bike rental for example, we made a bike rental profile and we post all bike rentals there. It’s helpful that we do it there bc the bike company who shares revenue, makes it easy for all of us to balance the invoice at the end of the month.

We have Game Rooms so we made a Game Room profile and post all revenue there. 

Even walkins for the Bar we have an account.

The reason we would never post anything to a generic account is due to the fact that REVPAG is becoming more and more important in KPI’s therefore, if we post their water to a generic account, we won’t get a clear reading (or so i believe).

Mews is very profile centric rather than reservation focused. The reason being, more data per guest, means more personalisation in pre/during/post stay and for future returning guests.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Unfortunately we don’t have a good solution. We also work with an “Item Guy” profile for those little things. 

Since we are a seasonal business, it’s ok. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Thanks @DanS. & @Georg Gaag appreciate your answers. Sounds like were in the same boat & taking the same approach. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Mick! An idea that comes up in my mind is to create a custom link that directs directly to the billing screen of the profile. I’m not sure if bypassing the dashboard of the guest profile would help with the speed (and I unfortunately don’t have a demo profile that’s this full to test on 😅), but it’s worth a shot!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Mick! An idea that comes up in my mind is to create a custom link that directs directly to the billing screen of the profile. I’m not sure if bypassing the dashboard of the guest profile would help with the speed (and I unfortunately don’t have a demo profile that’s this full to test on 😅), but it’s worth a shot!

That’s actually a quite nice idea! 😀

I am not sure if those links expire at some point, but I don’t think so. You can save this link in the bookmarks bar of the browser. 

Thanks for sharing your idea @Jason.Warnaar!