Forcasting in Mews: On the books report

• 15 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Mewsers,

I wanted to check which report everyone is using to make your forecast / analytics.

Currently, we are using the reservations-report. However, this has a terrible lay-out and can barely be used to make a proper forecast or other analyses.

Thank you in advance.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I would recommend looking for a revenue management marketplace integration. If I’m allowed to make product recommendations here, I would suggest taking a look at OTA Insight’s Revenue platform. It’s relatively low cost and works well for the needs of small independent hotels. Within Mews itself, I can’t think of any other way to do it than what you’re already doing - exporting various detailed reservation reports and doing a lot of manual work in Excel. Good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Will,

Thank you for your input.

We do have the connection with OTA insight (however, not for the Rev. insight yet), so I’ll check with them if they could assist us further with our needs.

It’s just pity that the absolute industry standard as an ROB report isn’t available in mews and that extra paid integrations are necessary for things like this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hey @MatthiasH Please feel free to add your vote to this feature request around this topic. 
Would be interesting to see what others are doing in the meantime. @Eric Kröll  @RaziMews @Georg Gaag  Perhaps you can weigh in here on what processes you have in place. Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We use a manually made excel sheet and we drop numbers in from an exported excel manager report from previous years. 

Forecasting is technically using historical data to assume future revenues. OTA insight def works and we “look” to it, buuuuut any drastic change in the market (i.e. unexpected weather, cxl of a fair), can throw that in for a loop. 

Does anyone else adjust their forecast every quarter or that is just me? (Version Q1, Version Q2, etc...). Of course, we have the master one made before the year starts, but anyone else adjusting?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @DanS. ,

Thank you for your input and your opinion about OTA insight.

We do use historical data for forcasting. However, it can always happen that pick-up is much higher than anticipated. Secondly, trends have shifted hugely in our area since covid. Thus historical data has already proven to be outdated due to this. Therefore, a ROB report for the next 365 days would be required to easily follow-up on key-dates.

Userlevel 2

We use Duetto for both our pricing automation and forecasting. The algorithms adjust very quickly post-COVID and it takes a lot of the burden of doing excel forecast. We also put our pricing on autopilot for 90 days out so we only focus on short lead time and special events.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the tip!