Creating a package with a product included in the room price

• 20 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

When creating packages most properties add the product price on top of the night price 🛌🍴 What happens if your product is already included in your night price (the one you set up in the rate) but you still need to show the ventilation on your accounting report? 📊 It is actually quite easy to set up!

The idea is to create twice the same product and add them both to the product rule. One product will have the actual price of the ventilation and be linked to the correct accounting category and the other product will have the price in negative and be linked to the accommodation category. Of course when creating the product the option “bill as package” should be ticked in both the product and the general bookable service settings. 🔧

Since the negative product will only be used for the package I recommend disabling both the options “offer to customer” and “offer to employees”. 🚫

Once both products are created we need to create the product rule :

Like that, on the accounting report it will be deducted for the night price and added as the product itself. Of course all of this will remain invisible to the guest as they will only see the total price of the package on their bill. 🛒

Did you know about this trick? How do you create your packages? 🤓

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

When creating packages most properties add the product price on top of the night price 🛌🍴 What happens if your product is already included in your night price (the one you set up in the rate) but you still need to show the ventilation on your accounting report? 📊 It is actually quite easy to set up!

The idea is to create twice the same product and add them both to the product rule. One product will have the actual price of the ventilation and be linked to the correct accounting category and the other product will have the price in negative and be linked to the accommodation category. Of course when creating the product the option “bill as package” should be ticked in both the product and the general bookable service settings. 🔧

Since the negative product will only be used for the package I recommend disabling both the options “offer to customer” and “offer to employees”. 🚫

Once both products are created we need to create the product rule :

Like that, on the accounting report it will be deducted for the night price and added as the product itself. Of course all of this will remain invisible to the guest as they will only see the total price of the package on their bill. 🛒

Did you know about this trick? How do you create your packages? 🤓

Hi Marie,

think it's a great topic to pick up in the community. A lot of clients of MEWS don’t know how to do it. However, there is one downside of this “workaround”. (I hope we all agree its a workaround till MEWS will add the function to include a product in the rate.)

Well, the downside is the accommodation revenue showing on the manager's report. 
Your manager's report will report inflated accommodation rates. 
As the negative posting in accommodation is calculated in “Product revenue” your accommodation rate itself on the manager report will be inflated by the included product. 
Also important to note that most of the API’s are picking accommodation revenue from the manager report. 
We have to work this way for group rates which are synchronized with our group tool (Pxier). 

So - my suggestion for FIT bookings would be to work only with the product. 

1. Create the breakfast product - do not choose any options. (which will include the product in your rate automatically)
2. Add the breakfast product via the product rule to your rate code. 

It will show the inclusive price on the booking engine. (see below, my price for Breakfats is 9.50€ in this example)
To see on different channels, make sure to map the product in the channel manager mapping. 

Hope this helps
​​​​​​​Claudia

Userlevel 1

Dear MArie,

Thanks for this explanation. However, I think this is a huge useless work. In my last PMS, when I wanted to make an offer out of a BB package rate, I only had to load the discount percentage and the discount was applied in the room revenue and in the breakfast revenu without creating any other new products.

I am in this situation now and the fact of not being ble to make any right discount without 10 different more actions is quite stressful.

Regards,

Maria

Hi Maria

How does it appeare in the invoice?

Best regards

Vivien