Update

We’re excited to announce that a new Mews Kiosk is coming in early October!

• 20 September 2023
  • 7 replies
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We’ve been working to significantly enhance the Mews Kiosk for both customers and guests over the last few months. We’ve focused on addressing key friction points we’ve discovered from many customer visits and calls, as well as elevating the design to something you can proudly position prominently in your lobby! 

How is the new Kiosk design going to help you? 

• An improved guest experience through elevated design and animations 

• Enhanced branding with video and images that reflect your property 

• New dynamic registration card that can be configured to match your business needs 

• Increased ancillary revenues by automatically capturing early check in fees and redesigned product promotion during check in 

• Simplified experience to find a reservation with only a last name required and the control for you to disable or enable this in the Kiosk settings to match your business needs 

• Enable future direct communication with guests as the reservation owner email is now required for check in, helping you convert temporary online travel agency emails to real ones 

👉 Get early access - (exclusive to community members)

We’ve seen the Mews Community grow significantly over the last few months and appreciate how much you’ve all contributed to make it a valuable place for fellow community members. As valuable members of the Mews Community, we’d love to give early access to the new Kiosk to any customer that would like to enable it ahead of the October launch. 

If you’d like to take advantage of this early access, please join our early access group HERE for how to get involved. 

The new Mews Kiosk represents a significant step forward from today’s product, but we won't stop here. We will continue working to improve the Kiosk and always welcome your continued feedback and experiences. 

You will see further communication about the new Kiosk soon with plans for a webinar in November being finalised, so please keep an eye out for more news soon! 

In the meantime, if you have any questions or there’s something you’re excited to see coming in the new design, please share them in reply to this post. 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Great new features 💡

Looking forward to join and giving feedback

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@James.taylor

The new UI is great and we also like the function to check in without reservation number which fasten up the process

This question might not be releated to the new kiosk App & more general.

We have feedback that guests doesnt have to pay at arrival as soon as a company adress have been added in the billing. Logic might be that for rhis guest the company is paying. Which is not correct (in general). This causes some irritation as we require the billing adress and assign it to the reservation in advance (If we are aware of it). But when we assign it the guest doesnt need to pay altough he should have to pay. Can we set a different trigger for this action? 

Hi there, 
There is a (vertical) picture of a palm tree shown on our kiosk now. 

I do not find where this picture is uploaded and how to change it with a picture related to our hotel.

I searched the help with Kiosk Picture but… no info. 

Could you help me please? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Linus.Bihn,

I apologise for the delay in replying, I have just returned from holiday.

Kiosk will not ask the guest to pay if there is a company assigned to their bill. The reason for this logic is for pre-paid OTA bookings where the bill is under the guest, but assigned to Expedia, as an example. In this instance the guest should not be asked to pay as they have already paid Expedia.

I appreciate that this comes back to the feedback you’ve shared previously about having a suitable method to capture company details from guests, while still charging the guest for the stay at the Kiosk. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi there, 
There is a (vertical) picture of a palm tree shown on our kiosk now. 

I do not find where this picture is uploaded and how to change it with a picture related to our hotel.

I searched the help with Kiosk Picture but… no info. 

Could you help me please? 

Hi @Benoit T, thank you for raising this.

The palm tree image is a default placeholder in the Kiosk app and won’t be found in Mews Operations. It is only displayed when no customer image has been provided.

You can add up to three of your own images in the Kiosk configuration page which will replace the default images. This is mentioned at the very end of Step 2 in the Setting up your Mews Kiosk help article.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @Linus.Bihn,

I apologise for the delay in replying, I have just returned from holiday.

Kiosk will not ask the guest to pay if there is a company assigned to their bill. The reason for this logic is for pre-paid OTA bookings where the bill is under the guest, but assigned to Expedia, as an example. In this instance the guest should not be asked to pay as they have already paid Expedia.

I appreciate that this comes back to the feedback you’ve shared previously about having a suitable method to capture company details from guests, while still charging the guest for the stay at the Kiosk. 

Hi @James.taylor ,

i totally agree to the logic of the expedia / PrePaid OTA Bookings that you mentioned. In this case the guest doesnt need to pay and should not be asked prior to arrival. But in this case there is no comapny assigned to the bill.  Only the travel agency is assigned to the reservation. The billing details stay empty: See for example this reservation in Styles Hotel Nördlingen : 5090-04-00031904

Additinal you can setup routing roules for prepaid reservations, right?

So this cant be really the trigger in my opinion. 

Assigning a company doesnt mean that the reservations doesnt have to be paid onsite/ by arrival. This is a daily work from front office staff to prepare and check the reservations

I am also happy to jump on a call with you about Kiosk App as we have now worked a few weeks with it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Linus.Bihn,

I apologise for the delay in replying to this.

I’ll contact you to find some time to discuss this further as well as any other feedback you have on the Kiosk.

Thank you,

James