Skip to main content
Tutorial

Streamlining Kitchen Operations: An Overview of the Mews Kitchen Display Application

• 10 July 2024
  • 4 replies
Streamlining Kitchen Operations: An Overview of the Mews Kitchen Display Application

Hi, community!

Welcome to the video. I'm Marko, a Mews Solution Architect, and today I'm excited to give you a quick overview of the Mews Kitchen Display Application.

In this session, we'll explore how this powerful tool can streamline your kitchen operations by acting as a virtual messaging board. I'll show you how it displays what needs to be prepared, how you can set up individual task queues or screens, and how multiple screens can be managed across various devices.

We'll also delve into configuring these screens to communicate with different points of sale, ensuring a seamless and efficient workflow in your kitchen.

Let's get started!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Nice one @marko.balazevic, KDS looks good!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @marko.balazevic ,
Thank you for the video! Where do I find the Task Queues screen you are showing at the beginning of the video? I don't have that option listed under Settings in my account. Also, do you have any indication on when you will be adding more features to KDS like course seperation and course away notifications?

Userlevel 2

Hi @Roy ! 
Thank you for your questions. You might find this KDS help article useful. 
To access the KDS settings from the backoffice, you need to navigate to the Settings menu and then use the address bar to reach to KDS settings by changing the URL from /admin#/settings/merchant to /admin#/settings/task_queues

The product team is working on surfacing the button for the KDS submenu on the front end, but temporarily, you will need to access it from the address bar. 

Regarding support for courses on the KDS, I can only say the team is aware this is a common request and it will be certainly actioned on once KDS gets into development focus. 
For now, it would be best if we gathered user feedback so the team has tangible data to back up the decision to focus on this initiative. 

Please feel free to upvote and add additional comments here.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Roy ! 
Thank you for your questions. You might find this KDS help article useful. 
To access the KDS settings from the backoffice, you need to navigate to the Settings menu and then use the address bar to reach to KDS settings by changing the URL from /admin#/settings/merchant to /admin#/settings/task_queues

The product team is working on surfacing the button for the KDS submenu on the front end, but temporarily, you will need to access it from the address bar. 

Regarding support for courses on the KDS, I can only say the team is aware this is a common request and it will be certainly actioned on once KDS gets into development focus. 
For now, it would be best if we gathered user feedback so the team has tangible data to back up the decision to focus on this initiative. 

Please feel free to upvote and add additional comments here.

Thanks @marko.balazevic !
I voted on the feature request, let me know if you need more feedback. Happy to arrange a call with the team in The Hague that uses KDS.