Product update

Product Roadmap Update: H2 2023 - watch the webinar

Product Roadmap Update: H2 2023 - watch the webinar
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thank you to those who attended our Product Roadmap webinar with the Product team:@Aldair Borges @James.taylor @martin.kucera @Joanna Kozlowska @coudert.mathias  and to @Jason.Warnaar  for fielding a lot of questions around the content 💜

There was lots of great new features discussed in this session: 

Working around staff shortages:

• Configure data you collect during online check-in
  • Digitalizing the breakfast list

Eliminating financial inefficiencies

• Correcting closed bills & invoices
  • Correcting open bills
  • Billing screen enhancements
  • Guests pay early in online check-in
  • Enhanced restriction management

Diversify revenue streams & driving ancillary revenue:

• Hourly bookable services in Mews guest journey
  • Long stays: pro-rata and precise reporting

If you would like to view the roadmap webinar, send a direct message our Community Team @Mews Community Team  and we will send you a link.

We hope you found this session useful. If you have any questions around what was presented, add it to the thread below and the team will come back to you.

Thanks for taking the time to review the roadmap.

I also want to remind everyone of the Safe Harbour statement. This webinar and our discussion may include plans, predictions, estimates or other information that might be considered forward-looking. All forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. 

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We are working on answering the questions we didn’t have time for in today’s live session. They will be responded to and posted back by our Product team here in this thread.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Sarah.Masterton-Brown

Unfortunately i missed the session, looking forward to the video. 

Very keen to hear about hourly services, we have setup our first hourly service for bike hire. We';ve had to use the space category Team Area as it is one of the few that we are not currently utilising. Is there plans to add more space categories or allow custom names? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Sarah.Masterton-Brown

Very keen to hear about hourly services, we have setup our first hourly service for bike hire. We';ve had to use the space category Team Area as it is one of the few that we are not currently utilising. Is there plans to add more space categories or allow custom names? 

Custom names - or even a ‘custom category A’ & ‘custom category B’ & ‘custom category C’ would be an massive help; we are using ‘tent’ and ‘villa’ in an apartment style hotel as we have 4 variations of apartments and they need to be classified differently for reporting purposes.. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Missed questions & answers

Question

Will reinstating bills/invoices work if we have an integration with a third-party accounting software, like Xero?

Yes, we are currently validating it with Omniboost that manages majority of our accounting integrations, to ensure the flow will work smoothly with accounting integrations. We do not foresee any issues, as we are automating the steps users where so far doing manually - but we are working together with Omniboost team to validate this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question

We always have the problem with the product breakfast, sometimes We cannot sell it daily. I created with the period "once" but it's not good option .

Thank you for the feedback, we have options for both once charged products and products charged per person per night. In general the per person per night products would be the best option for selling products like breakfast daily. Whereas "once" charged products allow you to specify individual days where the product can be posted. This tends to be done manually by your staff based on guest requests.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question

It is possible to make keys for a room on a reservation where the reservation is not checked in and the room is dirty - are you able to fix remove that option?

This is currently possible to enable properties with large groups to cut keys in the evening and prepare welcome cards for the group. It is not likely that we will remove this feature as it is activly used in many properties.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question

PLANNING view: we need to manage OPTIONS & OVERBOOKING with extra lines under the planning!

For this use case, are you referring to planning for housekeeping?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question

The action log is not detailed and making it hard to find out if a guest is f.ex Checked in to a wrong room, changed rooms or more.Do you have any focus on that?

We are not currently looking to add this level of granularity to the action log this year. However, if you can share the use cases you'd like us to look into we will add it to our feedback page and look into the most upvoted ideas once we start developing additional granularity in the action log.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question
You showed a breakfast list plan, will this also available for half broad plans? 

The breakfast list plan will be available for both half & full board options. The first version of the report will have the ability to drill down on products. We are very happy to review your use case after the release and look into additional filters. Please send me a direct message if  you would like to be added to the beta release.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question

1.will there be more development and tools on auditing the action log and cash register? 2.looking forward to the mews-expedia xml connection!

We do not currently have plans to expand the action log in Mews Operations. However, based on your use case it seems like you may be referring to the POS, is that correct?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question

Is there a possibility to have a "do not post" button. So it won´t be possible to charge from POS to PMS when button is checked?

In Mews, if you set the Customer Classification to "cashlist" it will inform the POS that they should not send charges to this customer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question

Will all the upcoming features - we talked about during the Q&A - be available for beta testing beforehand? Sign up for beta via Community beta testing group?

Yes, all up coming features will be available for beta testing. As we move closer to the beta release. We will begin publishing the beta testing groups in the community.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question

The online-check-in prepayment is already possible but it´s not working properly due VCC or prepayments via OTA´s. A link to scheduled payments might help?

The early payment capability in Online Check-in gives guests the option to pay for automatic scheduled payments instead of the system processing these at the configured time. Guests from online travel agencies are not offered this option due to the complexities with pre-payment and VCCs you've highlighted. We're always keen to speak to customers, so please let us know if you'd like to have a call to talk more about your use cases.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question

About MEWS DISTRIBUTOR: Why don't you automatically provide the conversion rate for the guest journey?

Thank you, this is a good question. We are assessing how we can share more data within Mews for how the guest experience is helping your business. We would be keen to speak with you further about this, so please let us know if you have time for a discussion.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question

Is there a plan to improve adding/checking accompanying guests? Currently we get a lot of duplicates and it is often very time consuming for front office staff.

If this is referring to during the Online check-in, then yes. We have plans to enhance the upcoming configuration of check-in fields to enable you to specify what data you'd like to collect from which guests; the reservation owner or accompanying guests.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Question

Is there any plan to develop PDF reports ? For example reservations report.

No, at least not for now, for several reasons. Our goal is to provide the best visualization and usability to reduce the time you need to perform your tasks. Including an extra step would mean that we are not achieving our goal! Also, the exporting options that we are providing are intended to interoperate with other tools (excels, third parties,...) And finally, in the near future, we´ll improve the user management capabilities so every person will access only to the data they are allowed to, improving the overall security (pdf is intended to be printed and paper is one of the most insecure ways to store information)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Question

Is there a possibility to have a "do not post" button. So it won´t be possible to charge from POS to PMS when button is checked?

In Mews, if you set the Customer Classification to "cashlist" it will inform the POS that they should not send charges to this customer.

OMG @Aldair Borges  this just blew my mind….. I did not know it! I will tell everybody right away. Also, I tried to find any info in the help section. There is no real explanation of the customer classifications and explaining how some of them work like “blacklist”, and “cash list” might be a good idea to add it. And then mention No Post - everybody in hospitality will understand what it is :-) 
A little learning for me today. Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey all, it's fantastic to have back the product webinar! Looking forward to the next one! 

THANKS

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Question

OMG @Aldair Borges  this just blew my mind….. I did not know it! I will tell everybody right away. Also, I tried to find any info in the help section. There is no real explanation of the customer classifications and explaining how some of them work like “blacklist”, and “cash list” might be a good idea to add it. And then mention No Post - everybody in hospitality will understand what it is :-) 
A little learning for me today. Thanks

:) I’m glad we can still surprise you @ClaudiaM.  We’ll get some help content added around this. Thanks for in feedback. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Question

Will reinstating bills/invoices work if we have an integration with a third-party accounting software, like Xero?

Yes, we are currently validating it with Omniboost that manages majority of our accounting integrations, to ensure the flow will work smoothly with accounting integrations. We do not foresee any issues, as we are automating the steps users where so far doing manually - but we are working together with Omniboost team to validate this.

@Aldair Borges This looks very exciting, what is the timeline on this? 

Hi @Sarah.Masterton-Brown

Hi @Mick, yes, we have noticed some hotels started offering bike rentals after the release of hourly services. We recently opened a new ticket in our feedback portal to track the demand for the new category to be added. If you want to see bikes on Mews, please, let us know there and I will contact you when we add it. https://feedback.mews.com/forums/918232-mews-operations-pms/suggestions/46925464-new-resource-type-to-be-supported-bike

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Question

@Aldair Borges This looks very exciting, what is the timeline on this? 

Hi @Mick ,

Thank you for your questions and excitement around this feature! 

We are working on the first step towards more flexibility currently, which is enabling address changes to closed bills and invoices. Afterwards we will continue with other changes to the closed bill and invoices, such as price and item changes. 

We are currently still in the early stages of development, so it is difficult to put a date on it. However, if you would like to stay up to date on any progress, or be the first one to try it out, please feel free to follow the beta testing conversation: 

This is where I will make sure to give updates and previews, so you won’t miss out on any :D 

Hope to have sufficiently informed you! 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke