News

Mews Support: What we achieved in 2022 and what's in store for 2023

• 9 January 2023
  • 0 replies
Mews Support: What we achieved in 2022 and what's in store for 2023
Userlevel 1

As I approach my first Mews anniversary in mid-January, I thought it was the perfect time to kickstart a quarterly Support update to everyone in our community. Support touches everyone here in one way or another so it important I keep you updated as to our progress and plans. I would also love to get your viewpoints and feedback. It is important that we are listening and being guided by your collective voice.  

A year in Support flies by and upon reflection this has been a year where we have significantly invested in improving our support experience. I am hoping that if you are in regular contact with Support you will have noticed that increasingly you are hearing from different voices on the team. Since January 2022 we have more than doubled the size of the team. This growth has happened across all regions with us bolstering the European, US and APAC teams. We also expanded the team welcoming the Mews POS Support Team which we have also grown by over a third in the last 6 months. Hiring awesome talent was just the beginning and our focus on their enablement has been ongoing throughout the year. 

We still have work to do to provide you with a consistently remarkable support experience. You have my assurance this is our priority focus, and you will continue to see improvements across all areas you interact with support. For your insight some of the key initiatives we are driving forward are: 

Embedding support in the Mews Platform: 

• We recently released the embedded case form so, you can raise a ticket directly from wherever you are in the platform. Based on your description of the issue, the form will suggest relevant material from our rich content in the Mews Knowledge base. Should none of the articles assist, you can go ahead and submit your issue right from the form. The structure of the form helps ensure we have the information we need to better progress the case from the start. You also have the option to add attachments (Supported file types are .xlsx, .xls, .docx, .doc, .pdf, .zip, .rar, .har, .csv, .xml). By submitting the ticket this way, we also get some insight shared around the URL (page) it was raised from and the browser used so we do not have to ask questions relating to these to progress the investigation.  
  • We will continue to iterate on the form with the aim to embed support where and when you need it. Please give the case form a go when you raise your next support cases. We would love to hear your feedback on how we can continue to evolve this experience for you all.  

Phone support 

• I am a huge fan of our connecting with you via phone or remote screen-sharing session to expedite troubleshooting. We have been working with the team to enable them better to engage more directly with you. We have added several regional lines also to make it easier for you to connect with us via phone if you encounter an issue you need immediate assistance with. The numbers can be found here in the how to find us section.  

• We are exploring options for chat support as I know from my discussions with many customers engaging support this is a high preference for how you would like to engage with us.  

Product Knowledge & Training 

• In addition to our enabling newer team members, we have focussed on ensuring the team stay aware of the latest and greatest features we release on a regular cadence. It is vital we keep our knowledge sharp, and this will be a consistent focus.  

I will provide an update quarterly to keep you aware of the latest news from Support. I would love to hear your feedback and thoughts either in discussion for the wider audience or via PM. Please do not hesitate to reach out.  

Colin Leech, VP Customer Support, MEWS

0 replies

Be the first to reply!