News

Mews support: 2024 plans and priorities

• 28 February 2024
  • 15 replies
Mews support: 2024 plans and priorities
Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear Community,

We’re well into the first quarter of the year and I wanted to take this opportunity to update you on what our plans and priorities are with the Support function for 2024.
Our service to you is always a priority and it’s imperative that we continue to improve to make sure we provide the support you need, when you need it. 

We have identified some key problems that we will be addressing. Those being:

• Reactive support which is limiting and inflexible for our customers
  • Disjointed customer journey and the lack of a support portal for tracking and ticket updates
  • Manual processes leading to delays and inconsistencies

These problems are what we are focusing on solving and here is how we intend to do that:

Optimizing your support experience: We have already launched the first version of the Mews Digital Assistant, our state-of-the-art ChatGPT tool. There are more initiatives that we have planned: 

• Safe co-browsing: With our GDPR-compliant co-browsing tool, getting guided support is quicker and safer, ensuring your private information stays private. 
  • Your support portal: Track and manage your support tickets with ease in real time through your very own portal. Stay updated and informed, effortlessly. 
  • Multilingual support: We're breaking down language barriers with a secure translation engine, making French, German, and Dutch official support languages by this summer. 
  • Mews Digital Assistant: helping our support agents with manual tasks so that they can focus on what is most important—helping our customers. 

Understanding your needs: Through advanced sentiment analysis and using AI for insights, we're tuning into your needs more closely. This allows us to continuously improve our products and services, aligning them with what you expect and need.

Empowering our team to help you better: Our support agents are boosting their skills with specialized training and tools like Agent Assist automation. This means they're more equipped than ever to offer you top-notch support and focus on what matters most: your success. 

These changes are all about making your Mews experience smoother, more enjoyable, and hassle-free. We're committed to exceeding your expectations, so as we roll out these enhancements, we'd love to hear your feedback. 

We're just getting started on making your Mews support experience the best it can be. Stay tuned for more updates ✨ 

Warm regards,  

Stela, VP Customer Support

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Thank you for sharing the exciting updates and initiatives aimed at enhancing the support experience for Mews users. The commitment to continuous improvement is evident and appreciated.

I am particularly looking forward to the implementation of the support portal, which i hope will provide an enterprise view of all our tickets across our properties.This tool will undoubtedly streamline our interaction with the support team, providing us with a much needed oversight of our support requests.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Completely agree with @Mick, an enterprise overview of all tickets would be very helpful. Can't wait to see these changes. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi @Stela.Koleva this subject is now again(!) brought to the attention of users, but the only real change is that users are being pushed towards the chatbot. I would assume that the portal has priority over the chatbot, as it would give us admins the chance to really see what our users are struggling with - eventually decreasing the amounts of tickets opened. 

You have multiple admin users active on this community who are very willing to reach out to their respective end users to guide them, but we need the tools to do so. so as @Roy stated: definately looking forward to the support portal!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @mauritsbots , 

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback! You are absolutely right - not much is changing next week.

The Support Portal remains a top priority. We are currently in the final stages of evaluating vendors who can accommodate a much wider range of customer interactions beyond just support tickets. I will be able to share an update very soon.

Why did we implement chatGPT first?

This is such a great question! The decision was based on the need to streamline self-service for our customers. We have received extensive feedback that finding the relevant knowledge articles was difficult for many customers.

What immediate improvements are we working on?

• Relevance of the ticket responses. By implementing a mechanism to track which articles our customers have accessed before logging a ticket, we can ensure that we don’t provide redundant information. As we continue to improve the bot’s functionality, we will also be able to collect all the needed information to troubleshoot effectively during case creation, thus improving the speed of resolution and customer experience.
  • Continuous improvement of the chatbot. In a few days, for example, customers who submit tickets through the bot will begin receiving a confirmation email containing the transcript and ticket number.

I would like to thank you once again for your comment! Your ongoing feedback is invaluable for us at Mews as we strive to enhance our services. ✨ 

Warm regards,  

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello!

For our small team we try not to open any unnecessary support requests.

First, team members with questions shall try to figure out on their own with help.mews.com (or via “AI” ChatBot, that does not really do anything more than search help.mews.com for you, with the doubtfull addition of throwing some longer than necessary, only partially helpful replies at you ;-) ).

Second, they shall consult with their peers, if available.

Third, ask me what to do.

When a questions reaches me (or in larger organizations the team leaders, or maybe an internal help desk), and I (we) still cannot provide a solution, I research the community and help.mews.com. Only if I determine, that it is in fact a technical issue, or a missing feature, I will open a support ticket with support (or ask the community) .

So maybe it should be possible to allow admin users to set permissions for roles / users / user groups to actually submit tickets to support. I don’t know how you think about it, but mews support should be available fast for real problems, not be a replacement for in-house “how do I” do this or that …
The idea that each and every user may submit a support ticket is a plan for overloading support, IMHO.

Maybe a solution would be to make a support portal available for property admin unsers only, where a more direct, priorized access to technical support is possible. The ChatBot “AI” and basic support can still be made available to all useres with a lower priority, or/and the option for admins to view and escalate a “normal” user genrated ticket to a more severe ticket.
I know it from Oracle Support (not that this a very good example of decent support, but most of the times I really had a technicall issue, I was contacted by them within hours most of the times) in a similar way, only useres with access to the support portal could open tickets, and for each ticket a severity could be attached to it, thus if it was urgent, I was reasonably assured to get someone to respond really soon).

Just my 2 cents…

Regards,

JP.

Userlevel 3
Badge

So far, I have the feeling that the new Digital Assistant is a joke. 

• You are not able to send attachments
  • You are not able to see past conversations
  • There is no transcript in the email ticket (see screenshot)
  • The categories to select from don’t cover everything and there is not “Other” option

I mean, how can Mews launch something in this state? 

I remember the times when we had the Intercom chat and it was just 100 times better. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear @Georg Gaag 

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback!

You should be able to find a copy of the transcript right underneath the dotted line in the email ticket. The Support agent working on your ticket will contact you shortly with further information and a couple of questions to help us troubleshoot the missing transcript.

The capability to incorporate attachments was enabled a few moments ago.

We will carefully review the additional suggestions, including the addition of a category for "Other" and the ability to view previous conversations, and we will make every effort to incorporate these into future updates to the chatbot.

I sincerely appreciate your insightful feedback and look forward to future comments.

Warm regards,

Stela Koleva

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Stela, there is nothing under the dotted line. 

I don’t see the option yet to upload attachments, but it’s great to hear that you are working on this. 

Userlevel 4

So far, I have the feeling that the new Digital Assistant is a joke. 

• You are not able to send attachments
  • You are not able to see past conversations
  • There is no transcript in the email ticket (see screenshot)
  • The categories to select from don’t cover everything and there is not “Other” option

I mean, how can Mews launch something in this state? 

I remember the times when we had the Intercom chat and it was just 100 times better. 

We are also missing the transcript but because the case number is not on the support reply anyway, this email is no help 😂
I agree with the feedback regarding the subjects, we really need the original query to be included in the support reply. Currently I have multiple tickets with the same subject line so I do not know what the replies are referring to. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @Sam ,

Thank you so much for your feedback. 

Would you be so kind to open a ticket for the missing transcript? My team will resolve this issue for you as soon as possible. Do not hesitate to reach out to me directly, if there is anything I can help with.

We are considering ways to improve the update email. I will provide further information, along with an update on the Support portal, very soon.

Warm regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

I want to open a ticket for the missing transcript. These are the options I can select: 

From my point of view, nothing fits and there is not “Other” option. 

The only option I have is to select a random one. 🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @Georg Gaag .

Thank you for your prompt action. Selecting a random option is perfectly OK at this point. I have  forwarded your ticket to our technical team. 

Thank you very much for your patience while we are improving the bot.

Warm regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks for sharing this outlook in Support for this year. 
We are looking forward to the support portal, this would take away several pain points for our organization and was requested since a while :-)

I know you guys trying to improve your support constantly, and I know you will be back to the amazing and extremely satisfying support MEWS offered 5-6 years ago. 

Currently, it is a little chaotic, and I have to agree with all the points mentioned in the previous post. 
Nevertheless, I am confident you guys can come back to the amazing support MEWS had before Covid. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Personally, for me the AI Chatbot decreased my satisfaction with support. 

• During the chat, I have to choose a subject. Often, the subject I am trying to log a case about does not fit in one of the suggested subjects, so I’ll just choose something – otherwise I am not able to continue.
  • After ending the live chat, I receive a casenumber. I have to write down this casenumber, because I do not receive a transcript of the chat or an email with a summary of the chat.
  • Once Support replies by email, the subject of their reply looks like ‘New Chatbot Case / API and Integrations’. And then, they might ask if we are still experiencing the issue. Usually I have a few open cases. But looking at the subject, I have no idea what this case is about, since I may have several cases open with this subject. Also, sometimes no casenumber is mentioned in this email and there is no thread/transcript from the Chatbot visible. So I have my casenumber written down, but I’ll never use it. I have to reply to Support asking what this case is about.

The chatbot works perfectly answering regular questions (which are available at help.mews.com anyway), but for Support it still needs some work. 

As an admin for several properties, I really miss the overview of all open cases - logged by users in the hotels as well. I am very much looking forward to the Support Portal! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Sanne Thanks, you comment is on point! 

I think this happens, when companies want to do something with AI in the first place and not focus on the customers needs. 

From my point of view, there are just so many things that are not acceptable at all. 

By the way: Also with the old support via email, you did not see your original message in the ticket, but at least the subject line. I reported this about two years ago, but it never changed (Mews Support Case 00058371).