Get your Digital Key questions answered during our live Q&A

Get your Digital Key questions answered during our live Q&A
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

It’s likely that you’ve heard about Digital Key, our new contactless key solution that gives guests the power to unlock their rooms from their phones (without staff intervention).  

And, with something so new, it’s also likely you’ve got questions about what it is and how it works.  

To get answers to all your Digital Key questions, join us in the Mews Community on June 18th from 12-2pm CET for an informal Q&A session with James Taylor, our knowledgeable Product Manager. 

James will be ready to answer all your questions, whether you're interested in the technical details, implementation process, or potential impact on guest experience. 

Can't make it live? No problem. Drop your questions in the comments below ⬇️ before the session, and James will make sure to address them. 

Not yet a Mews Community member? Signing up is quick and easy. Register today to join the Q&A and start posting your questions. 

James looks forward to answering your questions here on June 18th. See you then! ✨ 

Add this event to your calendar

Apple       Google       Office 365       Outlook       Outlook.com       Yahoo

10 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi @Sarah.Masterton-Brown , when do you expect to have this live for SALTO locks?

am also looking forward to a timeline on Salto.

More information about the usage with common doors, luggage rooms, fitness access, etc., would be nice as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Ivo we are using Salto as well and are already waiting for it to be done 😊

I think the handling will be the same as with the regular doors at the moment. So if you allow specific rooms to use the elevator and / or floor they could use the digital key in the future.

If you don´t want to give everyone acess to p.a. the fitness and want to manage this in MEWS i think you need to create a bookable service by hour and add fitnesscapacity as “spaces”. So lets say you want max. 5 guests using the fitness you need to create 5 fitness spaces. Thank a guest could book it by him/herself and can get the digital key for it. Please note this spaces need to be payed extra. 

However: To use the digital key the door locks need to be online and you need the correct Salto licence.

Beside that the digital key solution from MEWS will cost something as well.

Best

Mariusz

What is the cost of the service? And do you recommend any provider is we are thinking to change our locks?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Tom987 we are waiting for the costs as well - so I cannot share that. Sorry 😊

As we are using Salto we are upgrading to BLUEnet. This means reagarding to your doors you need to check if only parts of the lock or all need to be changed. As well you need GATEWAYS where you connect the door locks to (i think max 16 door locks per gateway). They need to be connceted via LAN to network.

Buying is not with Salto directly but a support partner near your property. 

I hope this helps.

Best

Mariusz

This is great news! Are y’all roadmapping other digital key formats into this as well?

PIN code format systems are big for us (RemoteLock, KeyCafe). SALTO Space/KS and Brivo would be at the top of my wishlist as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@joemangoni check out Bob W Hotels. I was staying with them last week at Amsterdam and the used Salto PIN to enter the Hotel, Floors and Room. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/SoRSUvSM2ujd4yzP9

I do not know which solution they are using

Best

Mariusz

Thank you @Mariusz Siwkowski for sharing your experience and knowledge!

In general; will Digital Key open the road for Apple / Google wallet as well?

Hi @Sarah.Masterton-Brown , when do you expect to have this live for SALTO locks?
​​​​​

am also looking forward to a timeline on Salto.

More information about the usage with common doors, luggage rooms, fitness access, etc., would be nice as well.

@Ivo we are using Salto as well and are already waiting for it to be done 😊

We will be working on SALTO SPACE next, we’re currently discussing the best integration format with the Salto Team. Once we have a delivery date locked in, I will update this thread.

This is great news! Are y’all roadmapping other digital key formats into this as well?

PIN code format systems are big for us (RemoteLock, KeyCafe). SALTO Space/KS and Brivo would be at the top of my wishlist as well.

Supporting Pin Codes and showing these in the Guest Portal is something we’ve been looking into but I don’t have anything else to share on this yet. We’ll be sure to reach out if we have any questions around our designs. 

In general; will Digital Key open the road for Apple / Google wallet as well?

Absolutely. Supporting Wallet credentials will be developed the moment the door lock systems and the operating systems allow it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Exciting! Unfortunately I can’t make it, so I’ll share my question here; what is the timeline on development with Hotek for digital keys?