Skip to main content

Streamlined payment flow & linking payments to reservations

Hey community! 🙂

Exciting news! We've streamlined our payment processing flow, making it easier to handle payments, while also giving ability to link payments to reservation.

Here's what's in it for you:

• Streamlined user journey: Manage all payment actions from one intuitive screen, reducing clicks and accelerating the payment process.
  • Effortless Billing: Speed up Front Desk operations with simplified payment identification for bill closure and refunds, reducing wait times for guests and enhancing staff efficiency.
  • Streamlined Operations: Enhanced back-office operations for quicker payment reconciliation, leading to smoother overall management.

Linking payments to reservations is also setting up the foundations for our new ledger reporting framework - interesting updates ahead!

How can I get started?

• Reply to this thread with the property name (and if it's either in demo, or live) you’d like added to this Beta! We will start enabling these improvements to Beta pilots from next week 

If you have any further questions or the feedback, please comment below!

Please add Hotel Le 830 to this beta ;)

Thanks

Olivier

Please add Stadium Hotel - Live

Thank you!

Please activate this feature on our live Mews site. Thanks!

We´ld like to join. Küstenperle Strandhotel & Spa

Thanks 

Leif

Sounds really interesting. I just recently digged into payment requests because it seems like a interesting option for thir party integrations. A problem i found there is that a payment request has no relation to anything which you tackled with this updated.

I may be wrong but instead of linking the payment request to an reservation it would be worth looking into linking that with a bill directly? In that case the bill could be closed automatically after the request is fulfilled which would be a big + automation wise.

hi @Joanna Kozlowska we are experiencing in WestCord Hotel Leeuwarden a massive list of ‘ payment requests’ in the billing screen of one reservation (113699). Can you take a look please and let me know whats happening? 

Sounds really interesting. I just recently digged into payment requests because it seems like a interesting option for thir party integrations. A problem i found there is that a payment request has no relation to anything which you tackled with this updated.

I may be wrong but instead of linking the payment request to an reservation it would be worth looking into linking that with a bill directly? In that case the bill could be closed automatically after the request is fulfilled which would be a big + automation wise.

Hi @jones.eth, many thanks for your feedback!

We now allow to create payment request directly from given bill, so the payment will appear in the right bill. The reason we want to link payments to the reservations is to create the correct data for ledger reporting that we are building; any payment linked to a future reservation would be automatically posted as a deposit on the Deposit ledger. 

Hi @jones.eth, many thanks for your feedback!

We now allow to create payment request directly from given bill, so the payment will appear in the right bill. The reason we want to link payments to the reservations is to create the correct data for ledger reporting that we are building; any payment linked to a future reservation would be automatically posted as a deposit on the Deposit ledger. 

That sounds really interesting. I am looking forward to see what is possible with that handling 🤩. Any plans to support other payment option than credit card in the payment request or is there already something i didn’t know about?

Hi @Joanna Kozlowska ,

thank you for adding to the beta, but we have an issue.

All payment requirements are displayed with every guest invoice. Quite horrible, I think it is a bug!?

Best wishes

Leif

Could you enable this for JustStay Hotels please as well?

We´ld like to join. Küstenperle Strandhotel & Spa

Thanks 

Leif

Enabled, please see the link to the Beta guides :) 

Please activate this feature on our live Mews site. Thanks!

Enabled, please see the link to the Beta guides :) 

Hi @Joanna Kozlowska ,

thank you for adding to the beta, but we have an issue.

All payment requirements are displayed with every guest invoice. Quite horrible, I think it is a bug!?

Best wishes

Leif

Hi Leif,

Could you please share more information about what is happening, ideally with screenshots,  by e-mailing me at [email protected]?

Many thanks for the feedback!

Hi Joanna,

it has resolved itself. The easy way. ;-)

If it comes up again, I’ll send the information.

Thank you.

Hi !

Please activate this feature on our demo  : Hôtel Valdys la Baie

Thanks,
Floriant

@Joanna Kozlowska  please add YUST Antwerp and YUST Liége
thank you

@Joanna Kozlowska  please add YUST Antwerp and YUST Liége
thank you

Enabled :) 

Hi Joanna,

If I’m too late no worries, I thought I had replied to this Beta Thread.  Staypinepple Hotels would like to participate in this Beta if possible.

Robin Koetje

Staypineapple

Hi @Joanna Kozlowska,

how long will the beta tests go on before it is enabled in all properties?

Bern is super happy with the feature by the way.

Greetings,
Eric

Hey community🖐🏼

We are starting the global rollout of the feature!

Next week we will release it to all customers in North America, week after to Benelux region, and then across all other LEs.

Have a great end of the summer,

Joanna