Routing rules improvements - Call for feedback

Userlevel 1

Is your property using routing rules? These are (typically) used to move items from guest bills to company owned bills to settle business travels, big company events etc.

And they are one of the things we are now working on to make them more efficient and useful.

Our goal is to improve transparency of routing, minimise the need for manual routing when the reservation is updated or modified, and make routing easier to configure and maintain for properties with multiple services and large numbers of company profiles in the system.

Are you familiar with routing rules? Are you setting them up, either regularly or occasionally?
If the answer is yes, we need your help!

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @tomas_kluz,

the useberry testing crashed on me three times unfortunately. I am unable to select companies in the process / it doesnt register and i cant move forward. At some point I am unable to navigate at all and get stuck on the screen.

Not sure if anyone else is having the problem.

Greetings,

Eric

Bonjour Partenaire,

Depuis que vous avez amélioré la possibilité de transférer les chambres  vers un compte société Master débiteur en deux clics, je n’ai plus d’intérêt à utiliser la règle de routage.

Bonne journée

Damien Kieffer du Green hotels

Userlevel 2

@tomas_kluz i made the test on La maison Champs elysees and routing rules is not working 

I got the same issue as @Eric Kröll 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Eric Kröll and @wahiba,

I am sorry the test does not work for you! I am trying to investigate the problem, but so far it seems to be working in different browsers. I will let you know if I figure it out.

Is anyone else having the issue? Or can please someone confirm if the test worked for them?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@tomas_kluz  I was able to complete the test without issues 👍🏼

Userlevel 1

@Eric Kröll @wahiba 

I think I might have discovered what the problem was. Could you please give it one more try and let me know? I am very sorry for the complications!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Eric Kröll @wahiba 

I think I might have discovered what the problem was. Could you please give it one more try and let me know? I am very sorry for the complications!

Was working fine now. Just completed the survey without any problems.

Threw in some thoughts at the end, which might be relevant to solve before the feature gets released.

Greetings,
Eric

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Finished the survey and added some feedback! 

Userlevel 1

Big thanks for everyone who tested out the prototype! We collected a lot of useful feedback from you 

We are going to analyse the results and use them to iterate the solution. Stay tuned for updates!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @tomas_kluz !

I would like to provide some feedback about the company billing functionality, but it’s not necessarily directly a routing rule thing, but it fits the topic:

when posted stay items are automatically transfered to a company bill by a routing rule the company bill is named always the same, thus when you are actually making the payment at check out for example you have to do it in the customer bill (because company bills don’t allow all types of payment charges). You need to move the payment once charged to the assosciated company invoice. However, if you have lots of open bills for a company or travel agent you need to find the right one (because it does NOT automatically suggest the one that is assuciated with the current active customer / reservation billing screen. To find the right bill faster we currently rename them before moving the payment charges (like “Company ACME” to “Company ACME - Guest Donald Duck”) to allow us to find the right bill to move to.

I suggest that in a rounting rule there should be the option to automatically rename the newly created bill to “Company - Guest - Stay Date” for example. Alternatively the “move to” functionality could be more intelligently helpfull in preselecting the company bill that is actually related to the currently open reservation.

Not related to the above: another option could be to define summary bills for each routing rule, so that all charges for example a moth, a quarter, a year, etc. are transfered to the same bill, so that a summary bill can be produced mothly or per quarter etc…

Best regards,
Jean-Philipp Spieß.