Restriction management improvements

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

65 replies

Hey everyone :)

@Kayleigh  @andreas  @RURURUDS  @Milou  @mauritsbots  @Jonas   @DirkVanGompel  @MatthiasH  @Eric Kröll

For those who I’ve not yet been introduced to, I’m Tom and I work as a Product Designer here at Mews, and I’m working together with Nienke to help improve restrictions in Mews.

We’re making incremental and iterative changes to how restrictions are created and deleted, and I have a prototype that I’d love to share with you - and of course to hear what you think :)

Here’s a link to the prototype

*The prototype is (mostly) interactive so please have a click around

What we’re proposing

• Create restrictions - Ability to choose when exceptions are replaced completely
  • Delete restrictions - Ability to target one or many rates and spaces for deletion
  • Review changes - Ability to review all changes before committing to them

What we’d like feedback on

1. How do you feel about the ability to set exceptions when creating new restrictions?
  2. How do you feel about the options available when deleting restrictions?
  3. How do you feel about the review screen?
  4. Anything else :)

Thanks! Tom

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Kayleigh  @andreas  @RURURUDS  @Milou  @mauritsbots  @Jonas   @DirkVanGompel  @MatthiasH  @Eric Kröll

For those who I’ve not yet been introduced to, I’m Tom and I work as a Product Designer here at Mews, and I’m working together with Nienke to help improve restrictions in Mews.

We’re making incremental and iterative changes to how restrictions are created and deleted, and I have a prototype that I’d love to share with you - and of course to hear what you think :)

What we’re proposing

• Create restrictions - Ability to choose when exceptions are replaced completely
  • Delete restrictions - Ability to target one or many rates and spaces for deletion

1. How do you feel about the ability to set exceptions when creating new restrictions?

Thanks! Tom

Hi Tom,

thanks for the update. We just gave the prototype a quick test.

Regarding the feedback points:

1. We would also really appreciate if you could add an exception based on the occupancy of a room type and also in general. At the moment we manually close rates, when we reach a certain occ in a hotel. Would definetly reduce the workload of our revenue team :)
  2. Nice to have feature, but not a must have. Again we would love to have a bin next to the restriction in order to delete it faster. (we often sort out the restrictions via filter options and are only left with the relevant restrictions at that point and have to click into each one instead of having a bin next to it.
  3. Lovely to have feature, that you can now double check on what you are adding/deleting. Takes a bit of nervousness away.
  4. THE BIN.

Greetings,

Eric & David

What we’re proposing

Thanks! Tom

Hi Tom,

thanks for the update. We just gave the prototype a quick test.

Regarding the feedback points:

1. We would also really appreciate if you could add an exception based on the occupancy of a room type and also in general. At the moment we manually close rates, when we reach a certain occ in a hotel. Would definetly reduce the workload of our revenue team :)
  2. Nice to have feature, but not a must have. Again we would love to have a bin next to the restriction in order to delete it faster. (we often sort out the restrictions via filter options and are only left with the relevant restrictions at that point and have to click into each one instead of having a bin next to it.
  3. Lovely to have feature, that you can now double check on what you are adding/deleting. Takes a bit of nervousness away.
  4. THE BIN.

Greetings,

Eric & David

Hi Eric & David,

Thank you for taking the time out to test this prototype, your feedback is highly valued!

With regards to your request for the ability to delete restrictions directly from the list view, this is something which we have in our product backlog for restrictions :) - it may be that we can soon prioritise this work, once our focus on the updates to the create and delete forms. But I agree that it would greatly speed up the workflow which you described.

We may also in future look at the exceptions which are provided, however for the time being those will likely remain as they are. This specific request is something which we are aware of so thank you for further highlighting this need.

Thanks, Tom

Userlevel 3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink : can you activate this beta feature for our Casselbergh® properties?

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Nienke Wilbrink 

Would you already have an update regarding the new “verify before you confirm” screen?

It looked great during the demo, and we would love to use it in the real environment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Egon Lagrou ,

Thank you for your reply and interest in the Beta program. Please be informed that the feature has been enabled in your property. 

Looking forward hearing your thoughts :) 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @MatthiasH ,

We have indeed added the preview screen to the flow already :) 

Looking forward hearing your thoughts on it!

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Userlevel 2

Hello 

can you activate the mult select restrictions in maison Albar le champs elysees?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hello 

can you activate the mult select restrictions in maison Albar le champs elysees?

Hello @wahiba ,

I have enabled the feature for the property! Looking forward to your feedback :) 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Dear Beta Testers, 

Hope you are all doing well! 

We are in the final stages of development and getting ready to release the bulk create, bulk delete, and splicing functionality soon. 

First of all, thank you all ever so much for your feedback and help the past weeks. Your input and pro-activity has been invaluable to us! 

Before we release the functionality, I would love to hear whether there are any points to mention with regards to how you found working with the new forms and the logic. Please do not hesitate to speak up :) Any feedback is welcome! 

One last part that will soon be added is the following to the delete forms to target related rate restrictions for deletion.:

As well as for Space deletion:

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Dear Beta Testers, 

We are in the final stages of development and getting ready to release the bulk create, bulk delete, and splicing functionality soon. 

First of all, thank you all ever so much for your feedback and help the past weeks. Your input and pro-activity has been invaluable to us! 

Before we release the functionality, I would love to hear whether there are any points to mention with regards to how you found working with the new forms and the logic. Please do not hesitate to speak up :) Any feedback is welcome! 

One last part that will soon be added is the following to the delete forms to target related rate restrictions for deletion.:

As well as for Space deletion:

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

I have to admit that we’re a big fan of the new improvements!

However, the updates of the calender view are still delayed by a few minutes.
If you change or delete a restriction, it takes about 2min before you see this reflected in the calender view. Newly added restrictions are visible immediately.

Is this something you can still look into?

Regards,

Matthias

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Dear Beta Testers, 

One last part that will soon be added is the following to the delete forms to target related rate restrictions for deletion, as well as for spaces. 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

I have to admit that we’re a big fan of the new improvements!

However, the updates of the calender view are still delayed by a few minutes.
If you change or delete a restriction, it takes about 2min before you see this reflected in the calender view. Newly added restrictions are visible immediately.

Is this something you can still look into?

Regards,

Matthias

Hi @MatthiasH ,

Thank you for your feedback and happy to hear you are such a fan of the restriction forms! 

We are aware of the restrictions calendar performance, and the loading time of it being slow. It is something we would love to look into in the near future. However, we will shift focus to another area of the product (Changes to invoices and closed bills - as I saw your reaction there :D) for the upcoming time. 

We will get back to the calendar as I see extreme value in making that overview more powerful as well! 

Hope to have sufficiently informed you! 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Userlevel 1

To support you to set up your restrictions in Mews, we are working towards increasing restriction management within Mews! 

What does that mean:

• Bulk create restrictions for various variables; such as rates, rate groups and spaces. 
  • Bulk delete restrictions.
  • … and more to come! 

I am happy to inform you that we opened beta testing in the live environment already for bulk creation of restrictions * and will soon be adding bulk deletion of restrictions to the test as well. 

*For properties managing restrictions in Mews, not YET properties managing restrictions with an integration. 

Sounds good? Let me know if you would like to join the beta testing for these, and potentially upcoming initiatives by commenting below 😁

Hey, we would like to join the beta testing!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Kathlyn ,

Thank you for reaching out! I have enabled the functionality for your property. Looking forward to hearing your feedback :) 

Warmest regards,

Nienke 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi all,

Hope you are doing great! 

I would like to thank you all for your honest input and feedback the past weeks. I am happy to inform you that the feature has launched successfully in the Netherlands, and we are now getting ready to release the improvement in the rest of the world within 2 weeks. 

Once again, thank you ever so much for the collaboration and looking forward to working with your feedback in the future! 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke