Restriction management improvements

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

65 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Nienke,

Thanks for adding this feature in our staging environment!

Is a great help, please add also to our LIVE instances. (YUST Antwerp & YUST Liege)

Let me know when active so I can inform local teams.

Have a great weekend.

Dirk

Would love to be part of this beta program 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi all: @Kayleigh @Tobias Sörling @andreas @RURURUDS @Milou @mauritsbots @Jonas @Mick @DirkVanGompel @MatthiasH @Eric Kröll ,

Hope you’re all doing well! 

Please be informed that soon the Bulk Delete functionality will be added to your restrictions list view (for all involved in the beta testing). 

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Userlevel 3

@Nienke Wilbrink 
Thank you so much for the update. Is it possible not to be enrolled in that or is that being added anyway?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Nienke Wilbrink 
Thank you so much for the update. Is it possible not to be enrolled in that or is that being added anyway?

Hi @Tobias Sörling ,

Thank you for your question! That is currently not possible. What would be the use-case for that not to be added? 

Looking forward hearing from you :) 

Nienke 

Userlevel 3

@Nienke Wilbrink 

Hi @Tobias Sörling ,

Thank you for your question! That is currently not possible. What would be the use-case for that not to be added? 

Nienke 

Hi again Nienke,

as I mention during our call this morning. I’m afraid that the deletion of a restriction will delete for example what restrictions I have created on a exact rate in a rate group.

Is it guaranteed that this wont happen. Then im all aboard.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Would love to be part of this beta program 

Hi @MLL ,

Thank you for your reply! Could you please share which property/properties I can enable to beta testing this feature?

Looking forward to hearing! 

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Nienke Wilbrink 

Hi @Tobias Sörling ,

Nienke 

Hi again Nienke,

as I mention during our call this morning. I’m afraid that the deletion of a restriction will delete for example what restrictions I have created on a exact rate in a rate group.

Is it guaranteed that this wont happen. Then im all aboard.

@Tobias Sörling I will send you a private message :D 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi all: @Kayleigh @Tobias Sörling @andreas @RURURUDS @Milou @mauritsbots @Jonas @Mick @DirkVanGompel @MatthiasH @Eric Kröll ,

Please be informed that soon the Bulk Delete functionality will be added to your restrictions list view (for all involved in the beta testing). 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

I just did a test with the delete function, at it works well I have to say.

Allthough, there is a delay of almost 2min before you see it reflected in the calendar view.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Nienke Wilbrink can you add WestCord Hotel Eindhoven to the test group? We are newly opening and this would be a MASSIVE help with the initial loading of restrictions etc

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@MatthiasH , Thank you for your feedback! We are currently looking into the calendar view loading time. I understand the inconvenience of this most definitely. 

Happy to hear the Delete function works well for you :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@mauritsbots ,

Great to hear you’re loving this feature! Please be informed that I have enabled the property in Eindhoven for beta testing as well. 

Userlevel 3

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

Allthough, there is a delay of almost 2min before you see it reflected in the calendar view.

@MatthiasH how does it work? As in when you use it does it delete all restrictions for that day. We have for example a rate that is closed for certain room types, if I want to delete all restrictions for tomorrow I don’t want this restriction to go away.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

@MatthiasH how does it work? As in when you use it does it delete all restrictions for that day. We have for example a rate that is closed for certain room types, if I want to delete all restrictions for tomorrow I don’t want this restriction to go away.

Hi @Milou

It's pretty easy actually. 

You can select for which rate(s) and room type(s) you want to delete a restriction within a period. So you can definitely keep some restrictions. I would suggest that you reach out to @Nienke Wilbrink for any questions or manuals as she's the prod. manager responsible for this feature. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Milou ,

Thank you for your question. I have reached out to you in a private message :) 

Thank you so much @MatthiasH for jumping in and sharing your knowledge! 

Warmest regards, 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi all: @Kayleigh  @Tobias Sörling @andreas  @RURURUDS  @Milou  @mauritsbots  @Jonas  @Mick  @DirkVanGompel  @MatthiasH  @Eric Kröll ,

We’ve now updated the copy for both the Create and Delete restrictions forms, and we’d love if you could review the proposed updates (when you have the chance to do so).

Please can you open the link below and use the arrow keys on your keyboard to switch between each of them. We’d then like to hear your thoughts on the updated copy used, and how clear you feel this now is.

Link to prototype

Looking forward to your invaluable feedback!

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

I just had a look and this seems almost identical as to the current Bèta version. However, I don’t get the addtion of “all of the above” as you already have “all rates” and “all spaces”. Aren’t these duplicates then?

Userlevel 3

Hi guys, 

Can I offer up a thought here?

I think this rule-based restiction management is making things unnecessarily complicated.

I doubt that Mews looks through every rule each time a request is made. These rules will be translated into a database which should contain, per rate and per room type, approximately the following data for each day:

Day 20.06.23
Rate Flexible
Roomtype Double room
CTS no
CTA yes
CTD no
MinLOS 3
MaxLOS no
MinADV 7
MaxADV no
etc. etc.

Instead of creating a ‘rule’ which then needs complicated structures to allow for editing.
Why not simply make a form where we can set values for a specific date range?

You could set a MinLOS of 3 for each monday of the year.
Then set a MinLOS of 0 for each Monday in the month of July.

Easy.

And the calendar gives you an overview of which restrictions have been set for which days/rates/room types.

The calendar overview could use some work to make it more clear though.
Have a look at how Siteminder displays their restriction calendar, that works great ;)

Kind regards,

Andreas Westenbrink
Oftang GmbH

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi guys, 

Can I offer up a thought here?

I think this rule-based restiction management is making things unnecessarily complicated.

I doubt that Mews looks through every rule each time a request is made. These rules will be translated into a database which should contain, per rate and per room type, approximately the following data for each day:

Day 20.06.23
Rate Flexible
Roomtype Double room
CTS no
CTA yes
CTD no
MinLOS 3
MaxLOS no
MinADV 7
MaxADV no
etc. etc.

Instead of creating a ‘rule’ which then needs complicated structures to allow for editing.
Why not simply make a form where we can set values for a specific date range?

You could set a MinLOS of 3 for each monday of the year.
Then set a MinLOS of 0 for each Monday in the month of July.

Easy.

And the calendar gives you an overview of which restrictions have been set for which days/rates/room types.

The calendar overview could use some work to make it more clear though.
Have a look at how Siteminder displays their restriction calendar, that works great ;)

Kind regards,

Andreas Westenbrink
Oftang GmbH

Hi @andreas ,

Thank you for your detailed and valuable feedback! 

Essentially the above is what the current form does, but I understand your comment fully.

With regards to the calendar view, this is something we are looking into working on in the future as well to create a more visual overview of the restrictions most definitely. I will take a look into SiteMinder, thank you for guiding me that way! 

I really appreciate the above, thank you for thinking along with us!

Warmest,

Nienke 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi all: @Kayleigh  @Tobias Sörling @andreas  @RURURUDS  @Milou  @mauritsbots  @Jonas  @Mick  @DirkVanGompel  @MatthiasH  @Eric Kröll ,

We’ve now updated the copy for both the Create and Delete restrictions forms, and we’d love if you could review the proposed updates (when you have the chance to do so).

Please can you open the link below and use the arrow keys on your keyboard to switch between each of them. We’d then like to hear your thoughts on the updated copy used, and how clear you feel this now is.

Link to prototype

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Dear Nienke,

how does the “review changes” feature work in the proposed prototype?

Anyway, quick feedback from our revenue department:

Feature really helps a lot, but there are 2 things which are missing. Firstly a garbage bin would be nice, when having the list view and being able to delete restrictions straight from there. At the moment you have to opend the restriction and delete it from there. Secondly, when adding new restrictions it would be nice to add more active from/active until dates for specific events like festivals/concerts/etc. where you dont have specific weekdays.

Greetings,
Eric

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Link to prototype

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Dear Nienke,

how does the “review changes” feature work in the proposed prototype?

Anyway, quick feedback from our revenue department:

Feature really helps a lot, but there are 2 things which are missing. Firstly a garbage bin would be nice, when having the list view and being able to delete restrictions straight from there. At the moment you have to opend the restriction and delete it from there. Secondly, when adding new restrictions it would be nice to add more active from/active until dates for specific events like festivals/concerts/etc. where you dont have specific weekdays.

Greetings,
Eric

@Eric Kröll ,

Thank you for your insights! Great to hear that the feature is helping for your Revenue department! I will bring back your points of attention internally and discuss it there. Thank you for your feedback :D 

Warmest, 

Nienke

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink

Thank you, this is great & a big time saver. 

We note that when we create a restrciton for multiple rate plans & mulitple space categories it creates individual restrictions fo each one. Example a CTS restrtction for 4 rate plans & 2 Space categories it creates 8 restrctions. 

Is there a plan to change that to create 1 restriction which includes multiple rates & space categories?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink

Thank you, this is great & a big time saver. 

We note that when we create a restrciton for multiple rate plans & mulitple space categories it creates individual restrictions fo each one. Example a CTS restrtction for 4 rate plans & 2 Space categories it creates 8 restrctions. 

Is there a plan to change that to create 1 restriction which includes multiple rates & space categories?

Hi @Mick ,

Thank you for your feedback! This is currently not in our direct plans, but definitely something we can consider. 

Thank you for sharing :) 

Warmest regards.

Nienke

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink could you please activate this for us? State Hotel. Best, Luke 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink could you please activate this for us? State Hotel. Best, Luke 

Hi @Luke.R ,

Thank you for your interest in this beta test. Please be informed that I have enabled your property to the beta test. 

You will be able to work with the new form as of now :D 

Looking forward to your feedback!
Warmest regards,

Nienke