Skip to main content

North American Beta: New Ledger Reporting & Trial Balance Reconciliation

Hey North American community 👋

We are super excited to invite you to the Beta Pilot program for our standalone Deposit, Guest, and City Ledger Reports, plus Trial Balance Reconciliations! 

We know how important it is for our ledger system to align with industry standards and to make data reconciliation easy and efficient.  That’s why we are thrilled to introduce our new ledger reporting framework, which follows double-entry accounting principles and provides seamless data reconciliation through Trial Balance.

Benefits for You ✨

• Instant Access to Ledger Balances: Get a clear overview of your assets and liabilities. 

• Reservation-Centric Ledgers: Easily oversee the total reservation cost and pending payments, ensuring no revenue goes unpaid. 

• Clear Payment Identification: Know whether payments are for the current or future stay, aiding in cash flow forecasting. 

• Time Efficiency: Minimise daily time spent on data reconciliation. 

• Fast and Accurate Data: Make informed business decisions with up-to-date information. 

How to Participate 🙋🏾

• Customers in North America: Please share your property name in the comments to this thread. We will start enabling  Beta in your Live environment in July. Meanwhile, you can familiarise yourself with the Beta pack, which will guide you on how to use the new features.

• Customers in Other Locations: Stay tuned! Following successful testing in North America, we will extend the Beta to other regions.

We have ambitious plans for further improvements, but we need your feedback to make them even better. Let's create the future of ledgers together! ✨

Have a look at the Demo walkthrough video 👈🏻

Pease ask any questions or share any feedback in this thread 

33 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Joanna! This is exciting news, would love to be part of the program. One of our properties is Locale Victory Park - Dallas if you’re able to add us.

Staypineapple Hotels would like to be involved in the Beta as well.  Very exciting Joanna!

Robin Koetje

Staypineapple Hotels

Userlevel 1

Please add Stadium Hotel

Userlevel 2

Hi Joanna! These are great  news, and of course that we would love to be part of the program. 

Our properties are : Nomade Tulum, Nomade Holbox and Be Tulum

Thanks

Userlevel 3

Hello 

Hotel Maison Cassandre 

would like to be involved in the Beta as well. 

Merci

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
  • Customers in Other Locations: Stay tuned! Following successful testing in North America, we will extend the Beta to other regions

Definately! am keen on helping our financial teams to gain better insights from MEWS direct!

Userlevel 1

The Stanley Hotel would like to participate in the Beta

Faraway Martha’s Vineyard would also love to participate

Thank you

Arthur

Hi Joanna. Hotel Vienna would love to participate in the beta for the new ledger reporting. TY. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Joanna, 

we would be interested to try this in one of our US properties. However, before we commit, can you please reach out and talk to our HO Finance Team about the new screen and features? 
Just from what you describe it's hard to say if this is functioning the way we would expect it. 

Please hit me up via email and I’ll arrange a call including our finance Team. 

Cheers

Claudia

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Joanna, 

this sounds good. We would be happy to test one of our US properties. however, can we first speak to you and the team to get all information to the finance team, before beta testing? 
Feel free to reach out via email and I will get you connected with Finance. 
Many thanks
Claudia

Userlevel 1

Please add Stadium Hotel

Hi @Joanna Kozlowska,

Have you started rolling out the beta already?

Thanks,
Julio

Userlevel 4

Hey everyone, we will start the rollout early next week. Will update this thread when done :) 

Have a lovely weekend,

Joanna

Userlevel 4

Hey everyone 👋🏼

Hope you had a nice weekend. We will start Beta tomorrow - if you haven’t done so, please familiarise yourself with the attached  guides on how to link payments to either reservation or the invoice &  how to use the new ledger reports. 

More updates tomorrow,

Joanna

Userlevel 4

Hey   @jrturner91 @Robin Koetje @JulioDiaz @gonzalogomez @SDEUEL @pizart1120 @michalf 

👋

Beta is now rolled out to your Live environments - please share any comments or feedback in this thread. We are also more than happy to jump on the call with you if you have any questions or would like to share feedback that way.

Have a great day,

Joanna

Userlevel 4

Hi, 

I promise it is the last one today 😀 I would like to share the Demo walk through of the new ledgers and ability to link payments & charges to the reservation and simplified invoice payment flow, so that you can have more visual overview of all the changes.

All the best,

Joanna

Userlevel 4

Hey  @jrturner91 @Robin Koetje @JulioDiaz @gonzalogomez @SDEUEL @pizart1120 @michalf

Happy Monday!

I hope you're having a wonderful day. We're eager to hear about your experience with the beta features you've been testing. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions, please share them in this thread or feel free to email me directly at [email protected]. I'm also happy to hop on a quick call if that’s more convenient for you.

Thank you so much for your time and input!

Joanna

Hello team and thank you!  My property is Hutton Brickyards in Kingston NY. The property would like to take part in the New Mews Beta program. If you could send me any new tutorials on this it would be greatly appreciated. If you could enable for us that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Tim. 

Userlevel 4

Hello team and thank you!  My property is Hutton Brickyards in Kingston NY. The property would like to take part in the New Mews Beta program. If you could send me any new tutorials on this it would be greatly appreciated. If you could enable for us that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Tim. 

Hey Tim,

Great to hear from you - tutorials are attached as files to this post and there is also a link to a demo walk through. I will let our team know to enable you this feature!

Userlevel 4

Thank you. 

Tim. 

Hey Tim,

Great to hear from you - tutorials are attached as files to this post and there is also a link to a demo walk through. I will let our team know to enable you this feature!

Beta has now been enabled for you! 

Userlevel 1

Gravity Haus Moab would like to participate! Thank you!

Hi, 

Could you please add our property, Les Lofts Vieux-Québec in Quebec City. 

Thank you !

Userlevel 4

Gravity Haus Moab would like to participate! Thank you!

Enabled :)

Hi Joanna,

Thank you so much for having this beta for the Ledger Reports.  I met with our Accounting Team and we came up with some initial notes for you:

1) Deposit Ledger
* More of a Mews functionality note rather than a Deposit Ledger issue, but we need to be able to have companies have payment methods so we can show the company not the customer associated with it for all the reservations bills owned by that group/company.  we end up with a lot of profiles on the Deposit Ledger, or Accounting Ledger for that matter, with one guest’s profile name rather than the company paying for the rooms as we cannot associate a credit card payment method with a company.  our work around right now is to create customer profiles for the companies to “house” the payment method if it’s a company credit card, but I don’t think that is the spirit of the functionality of having companies and customer profiles.

* Arrival/Departure Dates are not populating for all accounts on the Deposit Ledger.  assuming this has to do with accounts that have more than one stay associated with it.

2) City Ledger
* Would like to see linking to the billing for the account, similar to the Deposit and Guest Ledger

* Wil not a critical ask, whould be great to have the options to show the balances in the traditional Current - 30 -60 -90 - 120 column formats for the timeframe due.  this is not only visually helpful, but can provide totals as well for quick reporting

4) Trial Balance
* Need full detail of the Accounting Report, plus the net change of the ledgers (Deposit/Guest/City).  this is so a full daily journal entry  could be generated from the Trial Balance.  the other way this could be accomplished is to provide the net change numbers for the 3 ledgers at the bottom of the Accounting Report

* Not clear on what the Balance Brought Forward number represents?

* Assuming we can only see the day before yesterday's trial balance file becuase of our 1 day editable accounting history window, correct?

*Need webhook-automation similar to other reports so we can automatically pull that data to our data base from the Trial Balance.

I hope this feedback is useful, and please reach out if you would like to discuss anything further.

Thanks - 

Robin Koetje

Staypineapple Hotels

Userlevel 4

Hi, 

Could you please add our property, Les Lofts Vieux-Québec in Quebec City. 

Thank you !

Enabled :)