Skip to main content

Let's talk about the invoice statements and automated invoice reminders

Hey community 👋

As a sneak peak, I am happy to share we are working on Accounts Receivable module and ability to generate invoice statements and  automated reminders.

To better understand your needs, I would love to speak to those of you who are responsible for issuing invoices and tracking / chasing payments - even if you are doing so outside of Mews.

Please feel free to leave a comment if you are/your colleague is interested in speaking to us next week - so I can then reach out and schedule a 30-minute call.

Looking forward to connect with you! 

Joanna

Hi Joanna,

definitely interested here.

Ivo

@Ivo Great to hear! Do you have any availability for Wednesday 4th of September? Please share with your e-mail address (either here or e-mail me at [email protected]) and I will set the call! Thank you :) 

Hi @Joanna Kozlowska

We would love to be involved! Our groups manager are keen to discuss, do you have an availble time slot between 9-5AEST?

Regards

Mick

Hi @Joanna Kozlowska! this sounds promising! We would love to be involved 😀 I have asked some of my finance colleagues in the hotels if I can involve them and will get back to you soon. Hopefully we are not too late. 

Have a great weekend! 🌞

Regards, Sanne  

Hello!

Although I would not consider myself an expert in that field, let me share some ideas for this, provided invoice tracking is done from within mews:

• when sending an invoice, automatically include a payment request link in the email that contains the invoice. Once payment has been done online send a payment confirmation and mark the invoice as paid. Payments could be made by the usual stripe/adyen payments and alternative payments like SEPA withdrawal, for example
  • for bank transfers in the SEPA (EU) Region a payment reference number and QR Code could be included on the invoice. Then the identifing data (reference number) of wire transfer payments could be automatically extracted from the bank account (camt.054 file) and loaded into mews for automatic processing and balancing of invoices
  • I believe for certain regions digital invoices (XML or whatever format is required) will be required in addition to the PDF in the future, and this XML again should include information for automatic payment processing (reference id, account numbers, etc.)

Since we our selves only have to handle a couple of invoices  a month, we do it manually outside of MEWS, but for larger volumes of invoices (as I had to deal with in another business) automatic allocation of payments (be it wire/bank transfer or online payments) to open invoices was crucial for efficient handling.

Regards,

JP.

Hi @Joanna Kozlowska! this sounds promising! We would love to be involved 😀 I have asked some of my finance colleagues in the hotels if I can involve them and will get back to you soon. Hopefully we are not too late. 

Have a great weekend! 🌞

Regards, Sanne  

@Sanne not late at all - but ideally we would have a call this week or early next week. Please e-mail me directly at [email protected] with your availability :) 

Hello!

Although I would not consider myself an expert in that field, let me share some ideas for this, provided invoice tracking is done from within mews:

• when sending an invoice, automatically include a payment request link in the email that contains the invoice. Once payment has been done online send a payment confirmation and mark the invoice as paid. Payments could be made by the usual stripe/adyen payments and alternative payments like SEPA withdrawal, for example
  • for bank transfers in the SEPA (EU) Region a payment reference number and QR Code could be included on the invoice. Then the identifing data (reference number) of wire transfer payments could be automatically extracted from the bank account (camt.054 file) and loaded into mews for automatic processing and balancing of invoices
  • I believe for certain regions digital invoices (XML or whatever format is required) will be required in addition to the PDF in the future, and this XML again should include information for automatic payment processing (reference id, account numbers, etc.)

Since we our selves only have to handle a couple of invoices  a month, we do it manually outside of MEWS, but for larger volumes of invoices (as I had to deal with in another business) automatic allocation of payments (be it wire/bank transfer or online payments) to open invoices was crucial for efficient handling.

Regards,

JP.

Hey @j.spiess , many thanks for your feedback!

The first two point is something we plan in the near future, starting with including the invoice link on the invoices 😀 I know your volumes would not require handling invoice payment in Mews, but if any other customers are interested in this, please stay tuned as we will be announcing Beta soon :) 

@Joanna Kozlowska happy to have a chat with you. 

@Joanna Kozlowska happy to have a chat with you. 

Amazing! Please drop me an e-mail with your availability for next week at [email protected] and we will take it from there!

@Joanna Kozlowska great i just resend my email with the latest avail.