Let's talk about sell limits

• 30 August 2023
  • 59 replies

Show first post

59 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey @Nienke Wilbrink , this looks the part and very complete & clear! I will wait for the live version to be available. And i cannot wait for the connections to be included on them too so we can sell the last room direct.  

Thanks, Femke 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @Nienke Wilbrink , this looks the part and very complete & clear! I will wait for the live version to be available. And i cannot wait for the connections to be included on them too so we can sell the last room direct.  

Thanks, Femke 

Hi Femke! 

That’s great to hear and I fully understand that it will be most valuable when the feature is connected to the channel managers, which will follow in the course of the year. 

I will ensure to keep this channel updated when this is the case, but of course it will also be published in the Release Notes when the time is close :D 

Looking forward! 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 3

Hi! Once we worked with Oaky, an upgrade selling tool and it worked well, therefore I do expect higher income for upgrades especially in times when these more valuable rooms could not be sold anyway. It could be compared with airlines = when you buy business class directly within the first booking process it costs thousands of EUROS but if you ask for an upgrade 2 days prior flight and there is still space it might only cost couple of hundreds. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Nienke and everyone! 

I am looking for a way to restrict the number of rooms to sell for specific room types within specific rate plans. I hope I have come across the correct thread to receive updates on this functionality within MEWS. With that being said, I have reviewed the previously posted questions and provided my answers below in red: 

1. Should we allow setting a sell limit that is greater than the total physical spaces?
    • With the form to create a new sell limit, you will be able to select various space categories (similar to restrictions). This could mean that you set a sell limit that is higher than the available physical spaces in your property. What should we do in this case?
      • It is important to note that we will evaluate the Availability and Occupancy when creating a reservation as well. So when the availability, sell limit, and/or restriction is met, the creation of a reservation (without override permissions) will not be possible. 
        1. Option 1: Create a sell limit that is higher than the amount of physical spaces in your property. 
        2. Option 2: Decrease the sell limit to the amount of available physical spaces in your property. 
        3. Option 3: Other, namely… 
  2. Which reservation states should be considered when calculating the sell limit state?
    1. Option 1: Calculate it the same as availability: Confirmed and Optional states to be included, inquired to be excluded. 
    2. Option 2: Other, namely…
  3. Should block count towards sell limit, or just reservations inside of that block?
    1. Option 1: Availability blocks should be taking availability from the sell limit. 
    2. Option 2: Reservations within an availability block should be taking availability from the sell limit. 
    3. Option 3: Other, namely… 
  4. When looking at sell limits the following space statuses matter to me:
    1. All statuses (Active, out of service, out of order, house-use)
    2. I don’t want to include Out of Order. 
    3. Other, namely… 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @JillMorgenthaler ,

Thank you for your message and welcome to this group :D 

We have already moved into the Demo testing phase. Would you be interested testing the sell limits in your demo account?

Hoping to hear from you!

Warmest, 

Nienke

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, please! Please let me know what you need to do so. 

Thank you! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Yes, please! Please let me know what you need to do so. 

Thank you! 

@JillMorgenthaler , could you please share with me the name of your Demo environment? :) That’s all I need for now :D 

Herewith a video that guides you through the feature to prepare for the testing: 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Nienke,

Our demo environment is: 

demo

The Chicago Hotel Collection Magnificent Mile

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Nienke,

Our demo environment is: 

demo

The Chicago Hotel Collection Magnificent Mile

Hi @JillMorgenthaler , 

Great, thank you so much! I have enabled the feature in your demo environment :) 

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! 

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions while testing. 

Warmest,

Nienke