Let's talk about sell limits

• 30 August 2023
  • 59 replies

Show first post

59 replies

Userlevel 2
  1. Should we allow setting a sell limit that is greater than the total physical spaces?
    • With the form to create a new sell limit, you will be able to select various space categories (similar to restrictions). This could mean that you set a sell limit that is higher than the available physical spaces in your property. What should we do in this case?
      • It is important to note that we will evaluate the Availability and Occupancy when creating a reservation as well. So when the availability, sell limit, and/or restriction is met, the creation of a reservation (without override permissions) will not be possible. 
        1. Option 1: Create a sell limit that is higher than the amount of physical spaces in your property. 
        2. Option 2: Decrease the sell limit to the amount of available physical spaces in your property. 
        3. Option 3: Other, namely… 
  2. Which reservation states should be considered when calculating the sell limit state?
    1. Option 1: Calculate it the same as availability: Confirmed and Optional states to be included, inquired to be excluded. 
    2. Option 2: Other, namely…
  3. Should block count towards sell limit, or just reservations inside of that block?
    1. Option 1: Availability blocks should be taking availability from the sell limit. 
    2. Option 2: Reservations within an availability block should be taking availability from the sell limit. 
  4. When looking at sell limits the following space statuses matter to me:
    1. All statuses (Active, out of service, out of order, house-use)
    2. I don’t want to include Out of Order. 
    3. Other, namely… 
Userlevel 3
  1. Should we allow setting a sell limit that is greater than the total physical spaces?
    • With the form to create a new sell limit, you will be able to select various space categories (similar to restrictions). This could mean that you set a sell limit that is higher than the available physical spaces in your property. What should we do in this case?
      • It is important to note that we will evaluate the Availability and Occupancy when creating a reservation as well. So when the availability, sell limit, and/or restriction is met, the creation of a reservation (without override permissions) will not be possible. 
        1. Option 1: Create a sell limit that is higher than the amount of physical spaces in your property. 
        2. Option 2: Decrease the sell limit to the amount of available physical spaces in your property. 
  2. Which reservation states should be considered when calculating the sell limit state?
    1. Option 1: Calculate it the same as availability: Confirmed and Optional states to be included, inquired to be excluded. 
  3. Should block count towards sell limit, or just reservations inside of that block?
    1. Option 1: Availability blocks should be taking availability from the sell limit. 
    2. Option 2: Reservations within an availability block should be taking availability from the sell limit. 
    1. All statuses (Active, out of service, out of order, house-use) - should calculate the same as it does today. so e.g. OOS could still be sold under sell limits while OOO is taken out the inventory so should not be included in the availability. 
    3. Other, namely… 

Good luck with the final bits and pieces! Looking forward to the release :) Will it also be included in MPM once released? 

Userlevel 3
      • Option 1: Create a sell limit that is higher than the amount of physical spaces in your property. 
      • Option 2: Decrease the sell limit to the amount of available physical spaces in your property. 
      • Option 3: Other, namely… 
    3. Other, namely… 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

Please our answers in Red.

3. Other, namely… 

Kind regards,

Matthias

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @MatthiasH  @RURURUDS @Femke @Kathlyn and @Kayleigh ,

Thank you all for your quick replies! 

Something I’d like to understand a bit more clear is the relationship with availability blocks. 

Example:

Rate X has a sell limit of 20 Y spaces

Sales is requested to make a block for Rate X of 21 Y spaces for an event. 

Should we not allow this block to be created?

Hope to hear! 

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 3

Something I’d like to understand a bit more clear is the relationship with availability blocks. 

Example:

This should not be allowed and give an alert. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @MatthiasH  @RURURUDS @Femke @Kathlyn and @Kayleigh ,

Thank you all for your quick replies! 

Example:

Hope to hear! 

Warmest,

Nienke

Hi Nienke,

I believe that this should give an alert, but with an option to override the sell limit. This will ensure that sales can, if allowed, override the limit and make a group block.

Userlevel 1

Hi Mews Community,

Hope you are doing great! 😊

Currently, we are looking into solutions for Sell Limits in Mews. Under sell limit we understand the selling of a limited relative/absolute amount of rooms in a combination of space- and/or date selection at a certain rate(group). 

We are not yet ready to start the beta program (YET - I will update this conversation once we are!), but I would love to speak to a couple of revenue managers to understand your needs when creating and managing these within Mews. 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you are/your colleague is interested in speaking to us later this week, or early next week.

Looking forward to connect with you! 

Warmest regards,

Nienke 

Hey Nienke, All, from our side for hostels, this would be incredibly helpful if we’ll be able to limit the sales of particular spaces with auto-replenishment, meaning that if we’ll sell any of the limited sales inventory, this will be automatically replenish. The purpose of this would be for hostels to avoid large group bookings from channels for space type with large inventory. 

Also having the sale limit available for products would be great.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Michal ,

Great to hear you see value in this feature for your property! I will make sure to keep this conversation updated on any future testing and other progress :)

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi all,

Hope you are doing well!
We are moving forward with the development on this functionality and would like to move forward with Demo testing with some properties as of next week.

Please let me know below which demo property you would like to test in if you are excited to have the first glimpse in the sell limit functionality in Mews and share with me your feedback :D

I will be sharing a walkthrough video early next week to guide you through the new feature. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Have a great weekend ahead :) 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 3

Hi Nienke

From UDS hotels, SOKI Atami and SOKI Kanazawa would like to try out the demo!

Best

Genki Takahashi 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Nienke

From UDS hotels, SOKI Atami and SOKI Kanazawa would like to try out the demo!

Best

Genki Takahashi 

Hi @RURURUDS ,

Thank you so much for your willingness to test this functionality! 

Please be informed that it is enabled to your demo properties, ready to be tested :D 

Warmest regards,

Nienke 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @MatthiasH  @Michal @RURURUDS @Femke @Kathlyn and @Kayleigh 

Please find below a explanatory video of this functionality in my demo-environment. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! 

Thank you!

Warmest regards, 

Userlevel 2

Hi Nienke,

I am interested in the demo environment for sell limits! I would like to test this for one our rates that we set to max. 5 rooms per day (so until now we manage availability manually).

Kayleigh

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Kayleigh ,

Thank you for your message!

Which demo property shall I enable the functionality on for you to take a look? :D 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 2

@Kayleigh ,

Thank you for your message!

Which demo property shall I enable the functionality on for you to take a look? :D 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

WestCord Art please :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Kayleigh ,

I have enabled the demo property just now :D 

Please feel free to take a look at the above video for your reference and further explanation on the functionality. 

Looking forward to your feedback!

Warmest regards, 

Userlevel 3

Hi ! If sell limits for OTA´s would be possible with this option I would love to join the BETA version! Thank you. Christina Boutique Hotel Kugel Wien

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi ! If sell limits for OTA´s would be possible with this option I would love to join the BETA version! Thank you. Christina Boutique Hotel Kugel Wien

Hi @samoanprincess ,

Thank you for your message! In the course of 2024 (second half) OTAs will also be supported in this functionality :D 

I will be able to enable the functionality to your demo environment for testing if you wish! Unfortunately I cannot find a demo environment under the name Christina Boutique Hotel Kugel Wien. Could you share with me which demo environment you prefer to test the sell limits in?

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Userlevel 3

Hello! Thank you for your speedy reply. This is Boutique Hotel Kugel Wien. Christina Roller. I do not have a demo environment so far, although I am in the testing phase for upgrades while online check-in. How could I install such a demo environment?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello! Thank you for your speedy reply. This is Boutique Hotel Kugel Wien. Christina Roller. I do not have a demo environment so far, although I am in the testing phase for upgrades while online check-in. How could I install such a demo environment?

Hi @samoanprincess ,

Thank you for your reply! 

Please be informed that I have enabled the functionality to your demo environment Boutique Hotel Kugel Wien. Happy to add it to the new demo environment once you have it as well, just give me a heads-up :)

@James.taylor Would you be able to assist me on the beta request of space upgrades please :D Thank you! 

Looking forward to your feedback! Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you would have any questions. 

Warmest regards, 

Userlevel 3

Great! Thank you. How do I get access to this demo environment?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Great! Thank you. How do I get access to this demo environment?

Let me send you a private message with a new profile :D 

Userlevel 3

Perfect! Thanks. C. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi  @Michal @RURURUDS @Femke @Kathlyn @samoanprincess and @Kayleigh ,

Hope you’re doing well! 

I would be curious to learn more about your expectations with regards to Upgrades/Upsells, both from the Timeline/Reservation module done by the receptionist AND potentially via a kiosk/Upsell tool by the guest. 

Do you expect these upsells to be possible when the sell limit has been met at all times? Or does that depends on certain factors?

For example;

I have set up a sell limit on my OTA rate, as this is a costly rate so I don’t want to have all my reservations from this expensive OTA. 

The guest checks in via the Kiosk at the hotel and would like to do an upgrade to a higher space category. 

The sell limit for this rate/space combination is met. 

Questions:

1. Would you still like this upsell to take place? Why so?
  2. What could be other use-cases to do allow this?
  3. And to not allow this?

Hoping to hear! :D

Warmest,

Nienke and @James.taylor