Let's talk about sell limits

• 30 August 2023
  • 59 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Mews Community,

Hope you are doing great! 😊

Currently, we are looking into solutions for Sell Limits in Mews. Under sell limit we understand the selling of a limited relative/absolute amount of rooms in a combination of space- and/or date selection at a certain rate(group). 

We are not yet ready to start the beta program (YET - I will update this conversation once we are!), but I would love to speak to a couple of revenue managers to understand your needs when creating and managing these within Mews. 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you are/your colleague is interested in speaking to us later this week, or early next week.

Looking forward to connect with you! 

Warmest regards,

Nienke 

59 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Nienke,

We have been waiting for this update!

We are based in Japan, so the timezone difference might be an issue, but we would like to give our requests and input on how we would like to use this feature.

Best regards

UDS hotels

Genki Takahashi 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @RURURUDS ,

That is indeed quite a time-difference with Prague 😉 

Would you please be able to provide me your input in a private message here in the community or reach out to my email ([email protected])? If needed, we can always make a call happen some way or another.

Looking forward to hearing! 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

This has been on our requests list for quite some time!

Can we please arrange a call next week from Wednesday onwards?

If you could drop me an email and I will arrange to meet with our Revenue Manager.

Thanks!

Igor

edyn group

Userlevel 2

Hi  @Nienke Wilbrink 

let me know if you want more info, happy to share !

Best Regards,

Dirk

Userlevel 1

Thank you for working on this. 

This was one of the important questions we asked when we implemented MEWS. 

Much needed option. Feel free to contact me for any information. Thanks 

Userlevel 3

Hey @Nienke Wilbrink, Great that you are working on this. Happy to have a chat about this feature.

Best regards, Femke 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Femke @RaziMews @DirkVanGompel @IgorK ,

Thank you so much for all your responses and interest in this feature, great to hear! 😁

We have quite a short time-frame to work with currently. Would you by any chance be available for a conversation:

• Today (31/8) - between 11:00 and 14:00 (GMT+2) for a 30 minutes conversation 
  • Today (31/8) - between 15:00 and 16:00 “ 
  • Tomorrow (1/9) - between 10:00 and 13:00 “

Please feel free to respond in this chat/private message the time that suits you best and the email address I can send the invite to 😊

If these slots do not fit your schedule, do not worry! I would love to hear more from you in the future. I will keep this channel posted with progress, and will share any questions/design here as well to hear your thoughts 🙂

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 3

@Nienke Wilbrink tomorrow 12:30 works for me 

Userlevel 1

Hi Mews Community,

Hope you are doing great! 😊

Currently, we are looking into solutions for Sell Limits in Mews. Under sell limit we understand the selling of a limited relative/absolute amount of rooms in a combination of space- and/or date selection at a certain rate(group). 

We are not yet ready to start the beta program (YET - I will update this conversation once we are!), but I would love to speak to a couple of revenue managers to understand your needs when creating and managing these within Mews. 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you are/your colleague is interested in speaking to us later this week, or early next week.

Looking forward to connect with you! 

Warmest regards,

Nienke 

Hi! We would need it for rates with a selling limit per Night! For example: Our rate “romantic days” should only be bookable once per night. 

Userlevel 2

@Nienke Wilbrink I am interested as well to join.

Kayleigh Teer

WestCord Hotels

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Kayleigh 

Thank you so much for your response and interest in this feature, great to hear! 😁

We have quite a short time-frame to work with currently. Would you by any chance be available for a conversation:

• Today (31/8) - between 15:00 and 16:00 “ 
  • Tomorrow (1/9) - between 10:00 and 13:00 “

Please feel free to respond in this chat/private message the time that suits you best and the email address I can send the invite to 😊

If these slots do not fit your schedule, do not worry! I would love to hear more from you in the future. I will keep this channel posted with progress, and will share any questions/design here as well to hear your thoughts 🙂

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 2

Hi Nienke,

I am available tomorrow around 10:00!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Nienke,

I would more than happy to discuss this further with you.

Please feel free to reach out in a private message 🙂

Userlevel 2

Hy there 

for exemple , For the duration of the Olympic Games in Paris on2024 , with the sell limit  option ce can control our inventory and open a part of it 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @wahiba ,

Thank you for your message! Would you be willing to have a chat with me about your needs on this feature?

Would you by any chance be available:

Tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon 14:00 and 16:00 (GMT+2)

Friday 12:00-13:00 or 16:00-17:00

Looking forward to hearing from you :) 

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 2

Friday 12:00-13:00

will be fine

Merci

Hey everyone!

@RURURUDS @IgorK @DirkVanGompel @RaziMews @Femke @Kathlyn @Kayleigh @MatthiasH @wahiba 

Thank you for your interest in helping us explore sell limits in Mews.

As part of our discovery and design phase, we’d love it if you could help us by completing this short interactive survey. Your honesty and insights are really valuable to us and will help to shape our approach moving forwards.

Here’s a link to complete the short survey (please be patient while some of the screens load)

Thanks in advance :)

And if you’ve any questions please feel free to ask either in this thread, or privately via direct message to either myself or @Nienke Wilbrink

Tom

Hello everyone,

@RURURUDS @IgorK @DirkVanGompel @RaziMews @Femke @Kathlyn @Kayleigh @MatthiasH @wahiba 

I’m pleased to let you know that we have made progress with regards to sell limits, and we have taken onboard your feedback and comments so far.

We now have a further short interactive survey that we’d love if you could spare the 3-4 minutes it should take to complete. This time we are specifically focusing on daily sell limits, so please bear that in mind when completing.

• Here is a link to the short survey (again, please be patient while some of the screens load)
  • If you would also like to send this link to any relevant colleagues then that is perfectly ok to do so

Thank you for your continued help and interest in this topic, and if you have any questions please get in touch :)

Tom

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @RURURUDS @IgorK @DirkVanGompel @RaziMews @Femke @Kathlyn @Kayleigh @MatthiasH @wahiba and others, 

Hope you’re well! 

We have started the development of the daily sell limits, so be aware of some next steps announced in this conversation soon! 😁

Something we have been thinking about is the Permissions for Sell limits. We won’t be adding Sell limits directly within Restrictions, but we do see a clear link between the two functionalities. 

Would you think that there should be a new permission for sell limits or should the permission for restriction be extended to cover both restrictions and sell limits?

Hope to learn from you soon! 

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 3

@Nienke Wilbrink thank you for the update! For the access i think this can fall under create and manage restrictions and there is no need to create a separate option. 

Userlevel 2

Hello 

I think there is no need to separate option 

Merci

Userlevel 2

Hi Nienke,

I would also say that there is no need to create a seperate option for this!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @RURURUDS @IgorK @DirkVanGompel @RaziMews @Femke @Kathlyn @Kayleigh @MatthiasH @wahiba and others, 

Me again with a couple (4) of questions :)  Here we go;

1. Should we allow setting a sell limit that is greater than the total physical spaces?
    • With the form to create a new sell limit, you will be able to select various space categories (similar to restrictions). This could mean that you set a sell limit that is higher than the available physical spaces in your property. What should we do in this case?
      • It is important to note that we will evaluate the Availability and Occupancy when creating a reservation as well. So when the availability, sell limit, and/or restriction is met, the creation of a reservation (without override permissions) will not be possible. 
        1. Option 1: Create a sell limit that is higher than the amount of physical spaces in your property. 
        2. Option 2: Decrease the sell limit to the amount of available physical spaces in your property. 
        3. Option 3: Other, namely… 
  2. Which reservation states should be considered when calculating the sell limit state?
    1. Option 1: Calculate it the same as availability: Confirmed and Optional states to be included, inquired to be excluded. 
    2. Option 2: Other, namely…
  3. Should block count towards sell limit, or just reservations inside of that block?
    1. Option 1: Availability blocks should be taking availability from the sell limit. 
    2. Option 2: Reservations within an availability block should be taking availability from the sell limit. 
  4. When looking at sell limits the following space statuses matter to me:
    1. All statuses (Active, out of service, out of order, house-use)
    2. I don’t want to include Out of Order. 
    3. Other, namely… 

Hoping to hear from you soon, and once again; thank you so much for helping us build this feature! :D 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Userlevel 2

Hi Nienke, Please see my answers in red.  ​​

1. Should we allow setting a sell limit that is greater than the total physical spaces?
    • With the form to create a new sell limit, you will be able to select various space categories (similar to restrictions). This could mean that you set a sell limit that is higher than the available physical spaces in your property. What should we do in this case?
      • It is important to note that we will evaluate the Availability and Occupancy when creating a reservation as well. So when the availability, sell limit, and/or restriction is met, the creation of a reservation (without override permissions) will not be possible. 
        1. Option 1: Create a sell limit that is higher than the amount of physical spaces in your property. 
        2. Option 2: Decrease the sell limit to the amount of available physical spaces in your property. 
  2. Which reservation states should be considered when calculating the sell limit state?
    1. Option 1: Calculate it the same as availability: Confirmed and Optional states to be included, inquired to be excluded. 
    2. Option 2: Other, namely…
  3. Should block count towards sell limit, or just reservations inside of that block?
    1. Option 1: Availability blocks should be taking availability from the sell limit. 
    2. Option 2: Reservations within an availability block should be taking availability from the sell limit. 
  4. When looking at sell limits the following space statuses matter to me:
    1. All statuses (Active, out of service, out of order, house-use)
    2. I don’t want to include Out of Order. 
    3. Other, namely… 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thank you for the quick reply @Kayleigh !