Skip to main content

Join the Beta: Hourly Services Promotion on the Booking Engine and During Online Check-In

Hello Mews Community! 👋

As you might already be aware, back in June, we introduced hourly services to Mews. And now, we're taking it a step further – introducing the Beta Hourly Services Promotion capability on the Booking Engine (and soon on the Guest Portal, starting August 21st). 

So, how does this work?

It is easy. When your guests book their stay through Mews Booking engine or go through Online Check-In, they'll have the option to book meeting rooms or co-working spaces as a promoted hourly service from the "Enhance your stay" section. Guests can easily pick a specific time slot (with a minimum of one hour) and date within their stay duration. This hourly service reservation will become part of the reservation group. 

Are you intrigued? Take a look at what your guests will see in the Booking engine. 

What are the benefits?

Multiply bookings for the same meeting room daily and seamless management of both spaces and accommodations through Mews. Here's how to set it up: 

1. Create hourly bookable services for meeting rooms and/or co-working spaces. 

2. Once hourly services are created, set them up by following the same steps as when you initially created your standard Stay service. 

3. Promote your hourly services in Mews Booking engine and during Online Check-In  just as you would with other promoted services

How can I get started?

If you’d like to join Beta, please reply to this thread with the property you’d like to try this out on.

Additionally, if you have questions or would like to know more, please let us know in the thread.

Hey Gabriela,

We were just talking about this today! Can you please enable this in our demo environment for Generator London? 

Thanks,

Sam

Hey Gabriela,

We were just talking about this today! Can you please enable this in our demo environment for Generator London? 

Thanks,

Sam

Hello Sam,

I'm happy to hear about that. It has been enabled in the demo environment for you now and can be set up for the Booking engine. Online Check-In will be added shortly (by Monday, the 21st at the latest). If you agree, I will enable it for you then as well.

Have a great day,

Gabriela

Good morning Gabriela,

You can enable this option for Grand Hotel Casselbergh as well.
Maybe a tip for the colleagues: we want to use the hourly services within Mews to manage our massage room and to let guests book massages themselves.

Kind regards,
Egon Lagrou

Thanks Gabriela,

Any word on when we could create a booking engine just for the hourly services? 

Good morning Gabriela,

You can enable this option for Grand Hotel Casselbergh as well.
Maybe a tip for the colleagues: we want to use the hourly services within Mews to manage our massage room and to let guests book massages themselves.

Kind regards,
Egon Lagrou

Good morning Egon,

Thank you your interest! I've gone ahead and set everything up for you in the production environment. Right now, you can configure the promoted hourly services on the Booking engine. I will also enable the option for Online Check-in in the upcoming days for you, if you agree.

Please note, that the feature was developed for the use case of meeting rooms, so while it is possible to use if for other purposes as well, it may not support the massage use case for 100 %.

As for the booking engine for hourly services itselves, we know it is logical next step and we are looking at it, but it is not roadmapped yet. Once we have more information to share, we will let you know.

If there is something else I can add, please let me know.

Have a great Friday,
Gabriela

@gabriela.smrckova ok to enable the option for online check-in as well.

Kind regards,
Egon Lagrou

Hi everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. 

I wanted to let you know that we finished the development for promoted services during Online Check-In as well.

@Sam, I have enabled the setting for you in the demo environment, so feel free to go ahead and set it up for Online Check-In.
@Egon Lagrou, I have also enabled the capability for you in the production environment.

If you have any feedback, ideas, or suggestions to share, I will be more than happy to hear from you!

Hi, interested in the Beta as well for the following properties in Rastelli Group: 

• Hotel Karmel
  • Hotel Villa Mont

Hi, interested in the Beta as well for the following properties in Rastelli Group: 

• Hotel Karmel
  • Hotel Villa Mont

Hello @SimonR,

Thank you for your interest! I’ve just enabled the setup for both the Booking Engine and the Online Check-In for you. Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback to share.

Thank you,

Gabriela

Hey everyone, 👋

I hope you are doing well! I wanted to check in to see how you did with setting up the Hourly service promotions.

@Sam, was everything alright when you tested it on the demo? Do you perhaps want me to enable this for you on production, too?

@Egon Lagrou and @SimonR, how did everything work for you? Did you manage to set it up? Is there anything I can help with?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Gabriela

Hi Gabriela,

Its a good first step 👍 But for us no need to switch on in the live environment as there are a couple of steps missing before we would setup and go live. 

For our requirement we need a standalone booking engine for the hourly service, until there is this functionality we need to stick with our 3rd party provider. Also there is no options for the XS space type to use for smaller spaces/items. And missing the option to name the space types as required so we would need to use random naming.

Look forward to seeing further developments. 

Hi Gabriela,

Its a good first step 👍 But for us no need to switch on in the live environment as there are a couple of steps missing before we would setup and go live. 

For our requirement we need a standalone booking engine for the hourly service, until there is this functionality we need to stick with our 3rd party provider. Also there is no options for the XS space type to use for smaller spaces/items. And missing the option to name the space types as required so we would need to use random naming.

Look forward to seeing further developments. 

Hi Sam,

Thank you for letting me know. We will reach out when we have further development to share!

Gabriela