Skip to main content

Digitalise the breakfast list

Hello Mews Community, we are working on removing the need to print out multiple pages of in house guests everyday so that your F&B team can manually confirm who has consumed breakfast.Our goal is to ensure that your teams no longer have to search for guests names and room numbers through multiple sheets of paper. We aim to achieve this but not only digitalising the breakfast list, but making it flexible enough that you can use it for any product or service where you’d like to understand how many people have consumed items and when.What are the benefits?

1. Go green - Remove the need to print out reports for meals up to 3 times a day.
  2. Customise your experience - Mobile, Tablet and PC web versions mean that your teams can work on any device at any time allowing your to create the service experience that works for your property.
  3. Capture valuable data - understand when your restaurants or selected services are at their busiest.
  4. Minimise food costs - gain a greater understanding of consumed meals to reduce food waste.
  5. Save time - no more shuffling through sheets of paper, search by guest name or room number from your selected device.

How can you help?

1. Quick survey - answer this 10 minute survey for a first glance at the new report and to help us gather a few insights.
  2. Beta - we’ll be releasing multiple iterations of the beta before the final release. If you’d like to join Beta, please reply to this thread with the property you’d like to try this out on.

If you have any questions, please let us know in the thread below.

88 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Survey completed @Aldair Borges 😉

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Good afternoon, 

Thank you very much for your patience. I am happy to announce that we will be begin rolling out the first beta version of the Digital breakfast list “Product Checklist” today. 

You will now have access to a new report from the Mews dashboard called the “Product checklist”.

Here is a recorded overview on how it works.

Disclaimer, the following features are in progress and will be released over the next few days. I will inform you in this group about all of the updates:

• Show reservations without products toggle in the filter
  • Fine tunning adding products from the report (a post will be updated about this on Wednesday as it changes some logic on how products will be posted, it will be opt in only)
  • Consume products per person and consuming individual products actions
  • Add products from additional services
  • Mobile view (Desktop and Tablets are supported)

A pop up will appear in your properties at the end of this week to collect first round of feedback. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Imagine that @Aldair Borges : an app that could be used on a tablet by the guests just saying they have indeed attended the breakfast and maybe, for those who have not ordered the breakfast, add it automaticaly to their bill if they confirm they were here

It would require for the list to be created in regards of the digitalize report of course. A bit like the houseekeeping space status works with the Mews phone app, you know?

Just saying that because we are actually working with that kind of paper list that the guests have to fill in at the entrance of the restaurant, but it is not quite the best way to keep our counts and upsells right... 

Maybe also a further e-mail addition to the guest journey “procedure”: Did you attend ? Was it satisfactory?

Just digressing now but quite interrested to join the beta test too with our property: Hotel de la Couronne in Liège Belgium

Thanks you

S.

Hi @smehia  thank you very much for the feedback, the new report will include the ability to add products to the guest reservation when they arrive. But I do see your point to enable this in the guest journey as well. I will discuss this with @Olivia D from our in stay guest product team,

Do you currently send guest satisfaction surveys, and would you imagine including this there or as a separate F&B Survey?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Wauw! This is amazing news @Aldair Borges! Thank you and we will provide feedback as requested in a few days

Userlevel 4

Wahoo! Look forward to playing in demo 😀

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@Aldair Borges 

Well I was imagining it more like a pre checkout check just in case we missed one while checking with the report, or if it has not been communicate whatever the way it should have

The guest would then (upon online checkout) add the product to his bill if taken. We would count on the honesty of the guests here of course. It would be like a product promotion backwards (kind of 😉). Helpful additional tool the frontdesk staff checkout procedure

Anyway, I hope we will be able to test out this new feature soon in our property 😁

Thanks for your reply 

S.

Userlevel 3

Fur is as a Boutique Hotel with breakfast 🍳 Boy it would be helpful to have a report with next weeks prebooked breakfast incl: booked rooms per day, no. Of people per day, no. Of prebooked breakfasts, kids as a separate no. , special orders/commments.

please note that breakfast guests for Monday are the hotel guests of Sunday night!! So it would be great to see the booked breakfast of the guests staying from Sun-Mon as breakfast guests for Mon!

makes staffing and planning a lot easier for our employees.

max 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hello @Aldair Borges 

I’v tested out the released version of the report and I’m sure I’m going too fast here (as it surely being implemented later on) but it would be great to be able to filter by space so the rooms appears in order and to be able to print the report out would be a great addition too

I realised also that even if there are 2 guests in one room (each with breakfast included), only one product appears 🤔

Well anyway, ongoing testing, be back for more insights

See ya 😉

S.

Userlevel 3

First of all, sorry for all the typos, but I guess spell check went a bit nuts on my post…

@smehia I fully agree. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@smehia  Thanks for the clarification. The feature should now be active in your property. Please let me know if you are not able to see it yet.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello @Aldair Borges 

I’v tested out the released version of the report and I’m sure I’m going too fast here (as it surely being implemented later on) but it would be great to be able to filter by space so the rooms appears in order and to be able to print the report out would be a great addition too

I realised also that even if there are 2 guests in one room (each with breakfast included), only one product appears 🤔

Well anyway, ongoing testing, be back for more insights

See ya 😉

S.

@smehia , thanks for the quick feedback!
1. A filter to order the reports is in progress and should be published towards the end of next week.
2. May I ask what the use case would be for printing the report? As you would lose the benefits for collecting data and result in still having long lists of paper for breakfast.
3. Is the breakfast product you are looking at a once charged breakfast or breakfast per, person per night?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@Aldair Borges 

1. A filter to order the reports is in progress and should be published towards the end of next week.

Great thing, I knew I was impatient 😉
2. May I ask what the use case would be for printing the report? As you would lose the benefits for collecting data and result in still having long lists of paper for breakfast.

It is just that we had several issues recently with our Internet connection cutting, going on and off a lot, and as we don’t use our mobile data to share the connection ans still be able to connect, that could be a useful (if not ecological) helping tool 😁
3. Is the breakfast product you are looking at a once charged breakfast or breakfast per, person per night?

See image below as an example

Al those rooms are twin rooms occupancy, with 2 guests in each one of them, but the total of product column indicates 0/1. Souldn’t it be 0/2 ? I confirm the product rule is “per person, per night”

Thanks

S.

Userlevel 1

Hello Aldair,

Thank you for granting us access to the beta version of the system. Having thoroughly reviewed it, I would like to share some observations and suggestions.

1. Tourist Tax: Currently we have the tourist tax configured as a product but it’s implying that they are automatically consumed. This classification seems inappropriate in the current list, affecting the relevance of the totals displayed at the top of the page. An option to configure this type of product so that it does not appear at all in this list would be greatly beneficial.

2. Breakfast Management: We have encountered a similar issue to one mentioned in a previous comment. In cases where a room is booked with two breakfasts, only one appears to be listed, despite the product being correctly configured per person and per night.

3. Breakfast Consumption Display: The consumption of the "breakfast" product is set to be accounted for after midnight in our configuration. However, it appears in the list on the previous day, not the morning it is consumed, which lead we can’t rely on it.

4. Summary Table: The summary table at the top of the page does not seem to incorporate applied filters, displaying all products indiscriminately. This approach limits our ability to assess the number of breakfasts planned, consumed, or remaining to be served.

I hope this comments can help.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Good morning Aldair,

Very happy that the digital breakfast / product list is finally here!

Please find below our observations.

1. Whenever we try to select “show reservations without products”, the list doensn’t show any data. The page keeps loading and results in a “no data found” message. → But I saw that this was already in development.
  2. Guests are not grouped per room number, which makes it more complex for staff to find a certain room.
  3. Breakfast consumption: At our property, breakfast is set as “consumed before midnight” as part of the rate structure. However, this means that we have to return 1 day back when selecting the breakfast list. This then causes the issue that any breakfast or supplements added the day before for guest who have checked-out are also displaying on the list.
  4. As Thomas (@tminder) mentioned, the summary table doesn’t reflect the filtered data in the report.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi @Aldair Borges

feedback;

1. filter or order by space is a must, as well as being able to find a guest by (part) of their name. Searching takes ages to load? and when searching for a guest name, if the guest is not in the active filter it will not show - ideally it would give this guest to ensure you cán book the product immediately. 
  2. it seems that the products listed on the checklist is not fully pulling all items with the reservations listed - for some reservations, it somehow does not show the breakfast, and when ticking ‘Show reservations without products’ it says ‘No products’ where there is definitely breakfast booked (and selected as stay item to show on the report).
  3. totals above and below the table are not matching the records found. 
  4. for sóme reservations, with double occupancy, it only counts 1 breakfast? why is that?
  5. reservations whom are due to arrive today show that there is a breakfast today (but obviously consumption moment is tomorrow?)
  6. adding products to the checklist would ideally be possible based on the category as well to allow for a faster selection (ie adding all breakfast items at once is ideal iso adding 12 different products.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello, I’m happy to share that the following updates have been published for the product checklist:

• Show reservations without products toggle in the filter section- this filter is off by default so you will only see reservations with products for the current day.
  • Mobile view - the daily product reporting table can now be used on mobile phones for users on the go.
  • Add product to a reservation from the product checklist - this feature is not active for all demo properties. If you would like me to activate this feature for your property please like this post, or reach in the comments section below.

Coming soon:

• Order report by guests name / room name / room number.
  • Claim products per person
  • Add products from additional services.

Thank you to all those who have shared their feedback so far. An in app survey will be published to gather feedback this week. If you would like to share screenshots or examples in your feedback, please feel free to send me a direct message or post in this group.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Aldair Borges

Great thing, I knew I was impatient 😉

It is just that we had several issues recently with our Internet connection cutting, going on and off a lot, and as we don’t use our mobile data to share the connection ans still be able to connect, that could be a useful (if not ecological) helping tool 😁

See image below as an example

Al those rooms are twin rooms occupancy, with 2 guests in each one of them, but the total of product column indicates 0/1. Souldn’t it be 0/2 ? I confirm the product rule is “per person, per night”

Thanks

S.

@smehia , thanks for the clarification I’ve seen a few examples of the feedback you’ve shared regarding products showing. My team and I are currently investigating this. I will let you know once we’ve found a solution. It may be related to when products are posted in which case we have a potential solution that we have just shipped.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello Aldair,

Thank you for granting us access to the beta version of the system. Having thoroughly reviewed it, I would like to share some observations and suggestions.

1. Tourist Tax: Currently we have the tourist tax configured as a product but it’s implying that they are automatically consumed. This classification seems inappropriate in the current list, affecting the relevance of the totals displayed at the top of the page. An option to configure this type of product so that it does not appear at all in this list would be greatly beneficial.

2. Breakfast Management: We have encountered a similar issue to one mentioned in a previous comment. In cases where a room is booked with two breakfasts, only one appears to be listed, despite the product being correctly configured per person and per night.

3. Breakfast Consumption Display: The consumption of the "breakfast" product is set to be accounted for after midnight in our configuration. However, it appears in the list on the previous day, not the morning it is consumed, which lead we can’t rely on it.

4. Summary Table: The summary table at the top of the page does not seem to incorporate applied filters, displaying all products indiscriminately. This approach limits our ability to assess the number of breakfasts planned, consumed, or remaining to be served.

I hope this comments can help.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Hello Thomas, thank you very much for taking the time to test and share your feedback with us.

• Tourist tax - the best solution we can provide at the moment would be to select your preferred filters and either bookmark them for the report, or save the url In your custom links which will provide you with a direct link to the report from the burger menu. You can create a custom link by copying the Url with your preferred filters set open the burger menu  Settings -> Property -> Custom link (found on the left hand side) -> create a new custom link and name it “Breakfast report”. The same can be done for linch, dinner etc as you prefer.
  • Breakfast management - we are currently investigating the use case, and will look into resolving it. Thank you for picking this up.
  • Breakfast Consumption Display - this will be resolved with the updated product consumption for operational purposes update, available now would you be willing to test this in your property to share your feedback? Note, it will not affect the accounting period, it only enables you to view the product at the intended consumption time In the report.
  • Summary table - great catch thank you, we will look into this.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

hi @Aldair Borges

feedback;

1. filter or order by space is a must, as well as being able to find a guest by (part) of their name. Searching takes ages to load? and when searching for a guest name, if the guest is not in the active filter it will not show - ideally it would give this guest to ensure you cán book the product immediately. 
  2. it seems that the products listed on the checklist is not fully pulling all items with the reservations listed - for some reservations, it somehow does not show the breakfast, and when ticking ‘Show reservations without products’ it says ‘No products’ where there is definitely breakfast booked (and selected as stay item to show on the report).
  4. for sóme reservations, with double occupancy, it only counts 1 breakfast? why is that?
  5. reservations whom are due to arrive today show that there is a breakfast today (but obviously consumption moment is tomorrow?)
  6. adding products to the checklist would ideally be possible based on the category as well to allow for a faster selection (ie adding all breakfast items at once is ideal iso adding 12 different products.

Hi ​ @mauritsbots  , thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate your continued support for improving our products! I’ve left a few comments for your below:

• Filter or order by space - development is in progress.
  • Showing all products - Show reservations without products has not been resolved. We’ve created an update that will also resolve cases where some products aren’t showing, this was due to the consumption period set as midnight for accounting. this will be resolved with the updated product consumption for operational purposes update, available now would you be willing to test this in your property to share your feedback? Note, it will not affect the accounting period, it only enables you to view the product at the intended consumption time In the report.
  • For some reservations, with double occupancy - this is not intended. We are investigating a solution for this. Thanks for reporting it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

hi @Aldair Borges

feedback;

Hi ​ @mauritsbots  , thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate your continued support for improving our products! I’ve left a few comments for your below:

• Showing all products - Show reservations without products has not been resolved. We’ve created an update that will also resolve cases where some products aren’t showing, this was due to the consumption period set as midnight for accounting. this will be resolved with the updated product consumption for operational purposes update, available now would you be willing to test this in your property to share your feedback? Note, it will not affect the accounting period, it only enables you to view the product at the intended consumption time In the report.
  • For some reservations, with double occupancy - this is not intended. We are investigating a solution for this. Thanks for reporting it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi ​ @mauritsbots  , thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate your continued support for improving our products! I’ve left a few comments for your below:

yes go ahead!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Good afternoon @Aldair Borges 

Thanks for the updates.

We’ve done some more tests and the added functionalities seem to work now.

However, for some reason, certain rooms are now mentioned twice in the report. I’ll email you with some screenshots.

Furthermore, we would like to excluded certain spaces as our parking spots are now also mentioned in the report.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello everyone, here with another update about the Product checklist!

Updates released

• Add products to individual guests & add products from additional services  - selecting the 3 dots on the right side of the claim button now includes the add products to guests options.
  • Ordering columns - Order by room number /name has been released.
  • Add product to a reservation from the Product checklist - this feature is not active for all demo properties. If you would like me to activate this feature for your property please like this post, or reach in the comments section below.

Coming soon:

• Order report by guests - In progress
  • Claim products per person - in progress
  • Searchable filters - In progress
  • Solving for cases where not all products charged nightly appear in the report - In progress
  • Improving views for tablets & solving cases where the keyboard was in the way - In progress 
  • Responsive summary table - enabling filters to affect the summary table at the top of the report
Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello everyone, here with another update about the Product checklist!

Updates released

• Add products to individual guests & add products from additional services  - selecting the 3 dots on the right side of the claim button now includes the add products to guests options.
  • Ordering columns - Order by room number /name has been released.
  • Add product to a reservation from the Product checklist - this feature is not active for all demo properties. If you would like me to activate this feature for your property please like this post, or reach in the comments section below.

Coming soon:

• Order report by guests - In progress
  • Claim products per person - in progress
  • Searchable filters - In progress
  • Solving for cases where not all products charged nightly appear in the report - In progress
  • Improving views for tablets & solving cases where the keyboard was in the way - In progress 
  • Responsive summary table - enabling filters to affect the summary table at the top of the report

Good morning Aldair,

Thank you very much for these fast updates.

However, there seems to be an issue with the column filters for spaces. Our spaces on the 5th floor) are added before our rooms on the 2nd floor (ie. 108 - 109 - 1701 - 1702 - 1703 - 201 - 202...).

Looking forward to the next updates to solve the other issues mentioned.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @MatthiasH , I’m currently looking into the issue you’ve reported. Please can you send me a DM confirming the date and which Westcord property as I am not able to reproduce this in Strandhotel Seeduyn.