Skip to main content

Correcting items on an open bill

Hey there, Community 😁 

We're currently working on making it effortlessly easy to correct the items on an open bill. 

We understand how frustrating the check-out process can be if the guest wants to remove or reprice an item on their bill. Adding the same product with adjusted quantities in the negative can be time-consuming and error prone, especially if there is more than one item to be corrected! 

We want to reduce that time by adding a simple click-to-correct feature for order items on the billing screen:

This will be possible inside and outside of the Accounting Editable History Window, however, corrections to already consumed items will create a counter posting for accounting to indicate the revenue has now been adjusted with the current date. 

We also want to give you a centralised view of all corrections done by your Front Desk for oversight, and we would want to hear from you what information you would want to see in there, where you would expect to see this and why? 

Please reach out in the comments with feedback or if you are willing to have a quick call with us to discuss the reporting needs for corrections. 

Ps. Beta coming up soon 😊  

Please !

happy to have a call :)

Dear Joanna,

It’s a very good idea.

You can also call me.

For me it necessary to cancel the point of sales for the restaurant. For exemple I need to cancel the restaurant when the guest is in half board.

See yo soon

Damien

Dear Joanna,

I’m certainly open to discuss this.

Awesome! Cant wait for this feature. Feel free to contact me for Feedback and count us in for Beta!

What ist the roadmap for this feature?

Hi @Joanna Kozlowska,

happy to give our feedback. Can you send me a quick private message in order to organise a call?

Hi Joanna, we are also intrested in this feature. Feel free to reach out

Hi Joanna,

We can give our feedback for this as well if needed.

Kind regards,

Egon Lagrou

HI @Joanna Kozlowska

This looks amazing! Looks like you've got plenty to for feedback, but if you want more let me know. When do you think the beta would be available for this? 

sounds good.

what would be really important to us is to be able to run a report with all corrections and all negative postings only per certain period. similar to the posting report.

Hi @Joanna Kozlowska

That really looks AMAZING !!!

Will save lots of time and will reduce the bill corrections a lot !!!

Let me know if you want to set-up a call, else you can activate it for sure at YUST Antwerp and YUST Liege.

Good luck !!

Dirk 

Hi @Joanna Kozlowska ,

Interesting development and we will have a lot of questions ! 😅

Specially around the consumption date on the products and the Accounting historical window, as well as data pushed over the API for these corrections.

So, would be good if we from edyn can jump on a call with you and the team!

Thanks,

Igor

Dear Joanna,

It’s a very good idea.

You can also call me.

For me it necessary to cancel the point of sales for the restaurant. For exemple I need to cancel the restaurant when the guest is in half board.

See yo soon

Damien

Hi Damien,

Great to hear your feedback!

Our current scope is to enable editing bill items on an open bill, while POS bills are imported for view only and appear in the Outlet sections of Accounting report. Could you explain me your use case in more details, e.i. would you want to edit items on the POS bill that has been paid/closed?

Thank you :-)

Joanna

sounds good.

what would be really important to us is to be able to run a report with all corrections and all negative postings only per certain period. similar to the posting report.

Thanks Simone!

Could you also share what data would you like to see in the report, and how you plan to work with the report (e.i. how often you plan to run it)?

Hi @Joanna Kozlowska,

I know that I’m to late to still opt-in for the call. However, we would be very gratefull if you could include our property in the bèta testing. We’re very excited about this upcoming feature.

Thank you 😀

A big thank you to all of you for making yourself available for interviews. We've met our current participant goal, but we'll be in touch down the road to validate designs for the corrections report and start the Beta phase - stay tuned! 

looking forward to it!

Hello Joanna,

You can count us in for a beta in Maison Albar le champs elysees Property 

Looking forward to hearing from you 

Thanks

Hello Joanna,

You can count us in for a beta in Maison Albar le champs elysees Property 

Looking forward to hearing from you 

Thanks

Hi Wahiba!

Apologies for the late reply - holidays got in the way 😅

We are excited to share we are in the final stages of developing this feature and plan to release it into the Demo environment of selected customers later this month.  Based on the feedback, we would move it into the Beta stage of testing (selected customers on their lives environments), to then release it to everyone. While we can't give a specific date due to potential changes, we're working diligently to make it available as soon as possible. Stay tuned for updates on our progress!

Well noted , thank you

Hi Joanna,

We are also interested to test this in the demo for Generator! Please feel free to reach out when ready 😊

Hey community - closing this thread as the feature is Live